lson's Real Life Imports! (New projects) (1 Viewer)

B

BABaracus

Re: lson's Real Life Imports! (Tac-Bikini Released)

I'd like to request a skintight ribbed turtleneck sweater

I'd be pleased if you gave it a try. :)
RGB-controls and size-adjustment (body- and breast-sliders) would be absolutely amazing, but I understand if that would be too much work.

the perfect version of this is worn by Kaya Miyoshi in Bakuman:

other reference pictures:

the ripples might be the biggest challenge I guess.. if they are not possible to recreate, a normal non-ribbed sweater would also be fine

fakedelde

Vivacious Visitor

Great suggestion, thank you for the detailed pictures. This would be a great addition to my mods, it would look great! I'll start into this right away.

TDream

Potential Patron
Re: lson's Real Life Imports! (Yoga Pants Galore!)

lson said:
TDream said:
Thanks much for the suggestions. Check the original message for the one I chose. Really hot!

Cool thanks!

do you not like the other two Bras?

The other two look very good, but not from a 2d side view standpoint. On the first one, the main attractions are the ties in the middle, which would be obstructed by the right breast in SDT. The third one is also good, but I cannot really draw the top edge of the bra (with the flowy fabric), and again the middle tie would be obstructed. So it would basically be a purple bra with the light underwire, which doesn't really strike me as fancy enough. Trust me, you'll be satisfied with the final one :)

Hmm looks like you completely forgot about the Bra :(

fakedelde

Vivacious Visitor
Re: lson's Real Life Imports! (Yoga Pants Galore!)

TDream said:
lson said:
TDream said:
Thanks much for the suggestions. Check the original message for the one I chose. Really hot!

Cool thanks!

do you not like the other two Bras?

The other two look very good, but not from a 2d side view standpoint. On the first one, the main attractions are the ties in the middle, which would be obstructed by the right breast in SDT. The third one is also good, but I cannot really draw the top edge of the bra (with the flowy fabric), and again the middle tie would be obstructed. So it would basically be a purple bra with the light underwire, which doesn't really strike me as fancy enough. Trust me, you'll be satisfied with the final one :)

Hmm looks like you completely forgot about the Bra :(

I haven't forgotten. I have made 3 prototypes of it, but the clipping on it was insane and I wanted to to come back to it when I had a better understanding of the tops. I will have it released at some point but its not good enough yet.

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator

Yoga pants are one of the greatest inventions in the history of tight clothing.

So thanks again! And I'm gonna have to check out that bikini!

cookiemonste

Potential Patron

Take your time, no rushing.
But do you plan to add the slider options to your bikinis and bras?

fakedelde

Vivacious Visitor

zzaapp002 said:
Yoga pants are one of the greatest inventions in the history of tight clothing.

So thanks again! And I'm gonna have to check out that bikini!

They sure are! Thanks

fakedelde

Vivacious Visitor

I'm getting back into the SDT scene, so if anyone has any suggestions for me I'd like to get my rust worked out :'(

skippywonderdork

Potential Patron

Welcome back Ison! Love your yoga pants. I'd like to second this request:

BABaracus said:
I'd like to request a skintight ribbed turtleneck sweater

I'd be pleased if you gave it a try. :)
RGB-controls and size-adjustment (body- and breast-sliders) would be absolutely amazing, but I understand if that would be too much work.

the perfect version of this is worn by Kaya Miyoshi in Bakuman:

other reference pictures:

the ripples might be the biggest challenge I guess.. if they are not possible to recreate, a normal non-ribbed sweater would also be fine

Elsa69

Potential Patron

Love your work so far, especially the yoga pants!

I have a request for a bikini, although the pictures aren't of a side angle I hope they'll do.
Due to the design of the bikini it'd probably be better to see them from these angles anyway.

Ps: it would be great if these had colour options e.g. option 1 does top bit and option 2 does middle and strap round.
PPs: I realise that some pictures are strapless and some are strapless I don't care which it is for the final product.

EDIT: As Stuntcock has requested I would prefer the base colour e.g. the side strap and the main/bottom bra part (not the top strip section) to be customisable and to leave the top section in a neutral/bland colour, I don't care what. - thanks :)

Attachments

• Bikini1.png
    Bikini1.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Bikini2.png
    Bikini2.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 956
  • Bikini3.png
    Bikini3.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 200

stuntcock

Content Creator

Elsa69 said:
although the pictures aren't of a side angle I hope they'll do.
Those images are absurdly small. lson would probably need to find higher-resolution images if he decided to create this mod. That's silly - you are supposed to do the prep work before sending your request to a modder.

Ps: it would be great if these had colour options e.g. option 1 does top bit and option 2 does middle and strap round.
Take another look at the SDT user interface :P

We have only a single set of RGB controls for the "Top" element. The "Bra" category is also restricted to a single set of RGB sliders.

It's possible to overcome these limits by hijacking unrelated RGB sliders (such as the Nipple RGB or the Gag RGB), but this requires Loader scripting. It's also possible to extend the UI itself, but then users must download and install additional mods. lson's work is based on vanilla imports; he may not be interested in adding more complexity or compatibility hazards.

Therefore - you should assume that only one section will be RGB-adjustable. It might be a good idea to edit your post and indicate which one you'd prefer.

lson said:
I haven't forgotten. I have made 3 prototypes of it, but the clipping on it was insane and I wanted to to come back to it when I had a better understanding of the tops. I will have it released at some point but its not good enough yet.
I've done some work on this topic recently, and the results are mixed:
  • it's pretty much impossible to create a proper bikini using the "TOP" ModType. The Back, Chest, and Breast layers do not remain aligned during gameplay, so your straps will always separate from your fabric (and/or clip through the body) when the girl's breasts bounce around.
  • It's possible to create a "BRA" type mod if you install the Loader and sby's template extension.
    • Converting your "TOP" mod into a "BRA" doesn't actually fix the problem - the alignment errors will still occur.
    • Packaging and releasing your bikini as a "BRA" is good for organization reasons. For example, it would be possible for a user to combine your bikini with a see-through shirt.
    • When you've switched the ModType to "BRA", it should be possible to reuse Konashion's standard bra straps. Unfortunately this doesn't work due to technical bullshit (object hierarchy mismatch and some weak ActionScript).
  • If you're willing to accept the Loader dependency, then your Flash project can include special physics-based straps which ignore the layer boundaries.
    • These straps will stretch across the body as needed, connecting the designated anchor points (e.g. the front of the girl's shoulder) to an appropriate location on the bikini fabric.
    • The strap's connection will remain intact regardless of breast size changes, body size changes, breast jiggle, Animtools position changes, etc...
    • The physics properties of the straps can be adjusted to suit the costume. They can be made perfectly elastic - so that they'll always appear taut. Alternatively ... they can be assigned a limited tension value so that they'll be taut at some times, but then fall slack (and/or bounce around) depending on the girl's movements.
    • I've recently helped another costume-modder to add customized straps to one of his mods. If you're interested, we could try applying this technique to your designs also.

fakedelde

Vivacious Visitor

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I do believe I'll start work on a bikini like the one suggested, I must say I love the idea. I'm going to figure out a better template (NOT TOP, bra) as stuntcock suggested.

See you guys on the moon.

EDIT: So I've done some research and I've decided on this design, hopefully it's to everyone's liking.

I'll come back when I have something worth showing.

EDIT2: Time to stop working now, but I have been getting some ideas and came up with this for now. I have a final image in my head but I can't quite get it out yet. Not a terrible start.
xrUVET8.png

stuntcock

Content Creator

lson said:
I'm going to figure out a better template (NOT TOP, bra) as stuntcock suggested.
I didn't suggest finding a better template. There isn't a better template.

If you want your bra straps to remain connected to the fabric at all times, then you're talking about animation behaviour. It isn't possible to define custom animation patterns simply by drawing lines and fills onto a templates (unless you have some very clever middleware, which we don't). You need to deal with ActionScript. As I said before, I'm willing to help you with this if you're not comfortable with AS programming.

Here's an example. This is a ModTypes.PANTIES import which consists of three static elements: backside, back, and chest. It's functionally equivalent to a BOTTOMS import, except that it's drawn on different layers (so that it can be used in combination with a skirt or pants, without worrying about [Overwrite] parameters). There's a big gap in the middle -- the waistband is missing.

Now we sketch out a waistband element and specify attachment points (aka anchor points) within the static elements. You can see them in the screenshot above - they're the "X" symbols. We also inject some ActionScript code (not shown) via ModGuy's Loader.

At runtime, the SDT code will resize and reshape the static elements (based on the girl's bodysize, the motion tweens, etc). The attachment points will be "carried along" with these changes. Our injected code will resize and reshape the waistband so that it spans the gap between the two attachment points. You may also notice that the waistband is drawn "above" the static elements of the panties, and also above the right leg itself. The layer assignment is at the modder's discretion - we're free to put the straps onto whichever layer makes the most sense for the design (e.g. behind the shoulder, above the collarbone, below the bikini fabric, etc).

You may notice that there are some minor alignment errors in the screenshot above, and a few rough edges where the shading gradients don't match up properly. If such problems arose in your own project, you'd be able to fix them on your own by fine-tuning the paths and tweaking the gradient definitions. I'm probably going to just ignore these flaws, because my artistic standards are very low :)

The important point is this: once this prep work is complete, you can adjust the waistband (or the bra straps or whatever) simply by repositioning those "X" symbols within the static elements of your costume. So you don't actually need to learn ActionScript, and you certainly don't lose creative control of your project or become reliant on an AS programmer to publish your work.

I've deliberately screwed up the attachment points in the screenshot above, but hopefully this illustrates how the technique could be used to correct alignment errors or adapt the bra-straps to fit a different bikini shape.

Of course, the preceding example is fairly simple. It's possible to apply these techniques in more creative or ambitious ways. The key question is "how can we stretch fabric between various bodyparts in order to form garments and accessories?"
  • Place an anchor point on the girl's neck and another on the guy's hand -- that's a leash.
  • Place an anchor point on each of the girl's wrists -- that's a pair of handcuffs.
  • Place an anchor point midway along the thoracic vertebrae, and place 2-3 anchors along the curve of the breast -- that's a bandeau.
  • Place anchor points on the shoulder, nipple, pubis, and buttocks -- that's a sling bikini.
  • Place an anchor point on the shoulderblades and leave the rest of the garment unanchored -- that's a cloak.

If you want to tackle more complex costume elements then you'd need to learn AS, or collaborate extensively with an AS programmer. But the bra-strap stuff is pretty straightforward; the only immediate objection is the loss of compatibility: your output files would be Loader mods instead of Vanilla mods.

Elsa69

Potential Patron
Any more updates on the bikini I suggested?

Looked good from the preview two weeks ago, keep up the good work!

Elsa69

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.