Floating Stock Headband (1 Viewer)

QuantumEffect92

Potential Patron
I've had this bug for a while in loader, but it's finally annoyed me enough to post for help.
2ch3zfc.png

Problem is, I don't know which mod is causing it. I'll post a 7z file of my setup. Any help would be appreciated. WARNING: it's a really large file!
SDT.7z
EDIT: Made file significantly smaller by removing a lot of useless junk and used better compression in case anyone wants to give a go at helping me still.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'll post a zip file of my setup.
Thank you for taking initiative here and sharing the necessary files. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to download such a large ZIP file yet. Let's run through some general troubleshooting first; I'll check out the ZIP file if we're still stuck.

Could you please attempt to launch the game via the Flash Player Projector content debugger? Then try to activate and deactivate the headband (by clicking through the ◄ and ► selector buttons) in the hope that you'll encounter a specific error message -- which we can then investigate.

Can you click the Reset button, then close the game and reopen it? Does the floating headband immediately reappear? Or does the headband remain hidden until you manually activate it (at which point it shows off the weird floaty position)?

Can you try using Animtools to swap the characters into a very different position (such as "reverse cowgirl")? Does the hairband remain in the usual floaty position (e.g. a few centimeters above the girl's head) or does it do something very different?

Can you try some of the other stock headwear items, such as the Cat Ears or Ox Horns? Do they all show similar position errors, or is this problem unique to the Band?

QuantumEffect92

Potential Patron
Used the flash debug projector as suggested. No errors accept a huge shit load of errors as soon as the dressing gown overtop mod from Iago loads as well as for every other mod that loads afterwards that look like this:

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
at SDTMods::ModPackage/followColorSlider()

After everything loads, the same error keeps popping up repeatedly almost every second to the point where it's impossible to actually play the game so I was forced to dismiss all errors. After that when changing the headband no errors popped up.

When using the reset button, closing, then reopening the headband doesn't appear immediately, which I assume is good.

When using an alternate Animtools position it does stay in the same position but moves with the head.

All other headwear items, both stock and mods, are in the correct positions.

QuantumEffect92

Potential Patron
I replaced the original file with a significantly smaller one by removing some junk, changing file type to .7z, and using the highest compression settings possible in case anyone wants to help as I'm still having this problem.

stuntcock

Content Creator
TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
at SDTMods::ModPackage/followColorSlider()
The error is occurring because of unsafe code in the followColorSlider method. It's not the direct cause of your problem. You can ignore it, although it's worth noting that the constant exceptions (at least one error thrown per ENTER_FRAME event) will slow down your game. I found the SDT framerate to be unplayable when I attempted to use your game folder, even at minimum graphics quality and with nothing happening in the scene.

The proximate cause of the problem is the Aerith (FFVII) Hair.swf file. The author is listed as @NoBody, who hasn't been around since 2013. I can't find any obvious mistakes or flaws in the scripting, but the file nonetheless throws off the placement of the hairband. This problem can be observed even in the absence of any fancy stuff: launch SDT.swf (without using the Loader), then manually load the Aerith hairstyle and switch the hair accessory to Band. It appears in the floating position, and won't return to normal until the Aerith hairstyle is unloaded.

Recommendation: remove the Aerith hairstyle from your MoreClothing list.

Suggestion: remove many more files from your MoreClothing list. 514 is excessive, and there are probably many files in there that you aren't actually using.

tmb

Casual Client
Recommendation: remove the Aerith hairstyle from your MoreClothing list.
I had a problem like this with moreclothing v6 (since a previous version which I don't remember) and I just solved it by commenting the following hairstyles in my moreclothingV6settings.txt file: "hairs/Cammy_-_Dynamic_Hair.swf=Cammy Dynamic" and "hairs/Dizzy_Hair.swf=Dizzy".

Rudgar

Content Creator
I had a problem like this with moreclothing v6 (since a previous version which I don't remember) and I just solved it by commenting the following hairstyles in my moreclothingV6settings.txt file: "hairs/Cammy_-_Dynamic_Hair.swf=Cammy Dynamic" and "hairs/Dizzy_Hair.swf=Dizzy".
Oh, now reading you mentioning them, I think I remember exactly these two annoying me as well until I removed them.
Regards, Me

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.