Can someone take pity on a noob? (1 Viewer)

bolt_thundara

Potential Patron
Just found this game the other day, and a friend linked me here after we talked about it and he mentioned mods. Unfortunately, looking around the board, there's alot of info floating around and IDK where to start! If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
You have to kind of state what youre looking for... try the search box for one. Search what it is you want and see if anyone here has a topic on that particular subject you want

Bluey5

Potential Patron
Well...A good place to start is <a href=http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3132.0>here</a>. Or you could go to Artists' alley and Imports and search the threads. Once you get comfortable with downloading .swf and mods and such, go <a href=http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=91.0>here</a>. Make sure you know how folders and such work, then you should be good. You'll be pointed to other good artists soon enough.

bolt_thundara

Potential Patron
AaRL said:
You have to kind of state what youre looking for... try the search box for one. Search what it is you want and see if anyone here has a topic on that particular subject you want

Sorry, I was pretty vague there. Um, specifically I have no idea how to use any of the mods :/

I realize that sounds really dumb, but it's probably insanely simple and I'm overcomplicating it. I've looked for a read me file or something similar but couldn't find anything. I'd like to figure out how to use skin and dialogue mods at the very least.

f93

Casual Client
bolt_thundara said:
I'd like to figure out how to use skin and dialogue mods at the very least.
Press I to bring up the modding tab in-game. You paste the contents of character codes into the Custom Save Data box and click "load" to make the girl use that code. Custom dialogue can be loaded from the Load button in the same tab (under Custom Dialogue, of course).
Any mod that is in an SWF file can be loaded with the SWF Mod button (assuming you're using the Loader for Loader mods, of course). Hairs and Backgrounds are obviously just selected using the respective buttons (and are always png files).

bolt_thundara

Potential Patron
Ok, progress is being made. Think I got the basics figured out. Was able to load up two swf skins, a hair png, and an dialogue.

EDIT: Ok, I dug deeper and found a few good threads for dialogue etc. Was very nice that some users were considerate enough to encapsule skin, hair, backround, and other factors along with their dialogue mods. Everything in one spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.