ARK: Survival Evolved (1 Viewer)

silentpanda

Swell Supporter
Steam Site
Save 17% on ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam

There is video of gameplay on the steam site

Story
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

ShooterGame 2015-06-03 22-46-19-88.png ShooterGame 2015-06-03 22-46-08-07.png

EDIT: See post #13 of this topic for links to tools and texture file.
EDIT 2 (7 SEPT 2015) see post #15 for link to nude mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

silentpanda

Swell Supporter
There is third person camera that you can see your character.
And have also submited TPS mode with aiming to devl

Darklord666

Avid Affiliate
Well, a nude patch should be easy to make. A nude model is already implemented but it lacks the interesting details.:p

Go to e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\PrimalEarth\Human\Female\Outfits\Underwear and remove or rename femaleUnderwear_Bra and femaleUnderwear_Panty. Also remove or rename folder "materials"and in the texture folder remove or rename the 2 human_female... files and your charcter is naked to the bone.:D

S

Semipro

Well, a nude patch should be easy to make. A nude model is already implemented but it lacks the interesting details.:p

Go to e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\PrimalEarth\Human\Female\Outfits\Underwear and remove or rename femaleUnderwear_Bra and femaleUnderwear_Panty. Also remove or rename folder "materials"and in the texture folder remove or rename the 2 human_female... files and your charcter is naked to the bone.:D

Not specifically that easy, the model isn't whole, you can actually take those assets and rename them or remove them and it does remove the asset but the body mesh itself is missing a strip of tri's around the torso and another strip at the lower half of the body to ensure that even if you take the underwear off theres nothing there to see.

Its not unfixable..but the simple override won't work without some mesh repair.

Darklord666

Avid Affiliate
Not specifically that easy, the model isn't whole, you can actually take those assets and rename them or remove them and it does remove the asset but the body mesh itself is missing a strip of tri's around the torso and another strip at the lower half of the body to ensure that even if you take the underwear off theres nothing there to see.

Its not unfixable..but the simple override won't work without some mesh repair.

Yeah, I guess it's not THAT easy. On first approach I also had missing mesh parts and the parts became transparent. Then I tinkered around with the files for a while and now there are no missing parts and the character is completely nude except the "details". Just follow my instruction and you'll see. Maybe the mentioned files really need to be removed (moved elsewhere) instead of renamed, IDK. I guess a simple nude patch with only texture editing is possible. A modified model mesh would be nice but needs more effort.

sizustar

Potential Patron
Yeah, I guess it's not THAT easy. On first approach I also had missing mesh parts and the parts became transparent. Then I tinkered around with the files for a while and now there are no missing parts and the character is completely nude except the "details". Just follow my instruction and you'll see. Maybe the mentioned files really need to be removed (moved elsewhere) instead of renamed, IDK. I guess a simple nude patch with only texture editing is possible. A modified model mesh would be nice but needs more effort.

Well, I guess the question is, how do we get the texture, and put it back in?

Darklord666

Avid Affiliate
Well, I guess the question is, how do we get the texture, and put it back in?

EXACTLY. I just searched a bit and found 2 sites and 1 tool.

site 1

site 2

disunity

hopefully someone can work with this. I'm not a modder. My only expertise is finding and sometimes manipulating already existing files. Haven't done it for a long time because it's so time-consuming.

sizustar

Potential Patron
EXACTLY. I just searched a bit and found 2 sites and 1 tool.

site 1

site 2

disunity

hopefully someone can work with this. I'm not a modder. My only expertise is finding and sometimes manipulating already existing files. Haven't done it for a long time because it's so time-consuming.

Well, apprantly the dev are planning to release their own custom editor, what it'll include who knows

"You can play single-player local games, and bring your character and items between unofficial player-hosted servers, back and forth from singleplayer to multiplayer. Mod the game, with full Steam Workshop support and customized Unreal Engine 4 editor. See how we built our ARK using our maps and assets as an example. Host your own server and configure your ARK precisely to your liking. We want to see what you create! "

Darklord666

Avid Affiliate
Well, apprantly the dev are planning to release their own custom editor, what it'll include who knows

"You can play single-player local games, and bring your character and items between unofficial player-hosted servers, back and forth from singleplayer to multiplayer. Mod the game, with full Steam Workshop support and customized Unreal Engine 4 editor. See how we built our ARK using our maps and assets as an example. Host your own server and configure your ARK precisely to your liking. We want to see what you create! "

I've already read this in the dev's blog or discussion section and it's definitely a nice thing. But the question is how long does this take ? Will this be availabe before the major release. The game's EA release was just a few days ago. Time to work with the available tools. ;)

sizustar

Potential Patron
Last edited by a moderator:

Darklord666

Avid Affiliate
It works in singleplayer mode. Although you HAVE to create a new character (let the current be killed) and if you have modified ARK somehow it will result in a crash. SO this could go to hot stuff.

PufferFish

Avid Affiliate
Mod works great, as I switched to playing Singleplayer/Non Dedicated Host anyway. Anyone know of a way to make armor invisible? I downloaded the mod kit, and tried for about 2 hours, but couldn't figure it out at all, and not finding much in the way of tutorials. If anyone manages to do that, please include it here, or if you find a tutorial of how to do it, if you could point me to it that would be great too.

demonhorde665

Potential Patron
honestly, I think you guys are jumping the gun. This game is still in alpha stage. Best to wait till the game is at least in late beta , so there's less chance of any mod being effectively made useless by devs continued work. That said , shouldn't this be in request ? no the actual mod section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.