AnimTools pose acting out when "Auto Hard" (1 Viewer)

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy!
Let me tag sby sby first for he is probably the one who knows most about this problem - again. Sorry, for bothering you again, sby.
But everyone is invited to provide hints or even solutions, too. :smile:

I experienced this problem already some time (and some versions) ago until it all of a sudden disappeared with one of the AnimTools updates. Now it is back and I finally managed to take some screen shots.

The problem is that "she" starts acting out in some poses (like the one I attached) when I set "Auto" mode to "Hard":
auto hard setting.png

She first starts moving as intended (meaning within the postion's parameter) but then she seems to .. well overdo the thing step by step ... she bows further and further down, puttin her chin to her chest until she finally rotates around her pelvis.
bending far to much.png pose acting out.png
Any idea what I did probably do wrong here? Or a hint on how I can fix this behaviour?
Thanks in advance!

Respectfully, Rudgar

Attachments

someGuy040

Potential Patron
See if this thread fixes your issues: Some bugs on animtools

TL:DR
- Kent mentioned disabling teeth clenching, it seems to have helped him fix the error. (Or it fixed some error)
- sby posted an updated version for animtools as a temp fix. Try it out, hopefully, that will solve the problem.

If that doesn't help, I can say that I've had this issue as well, and as a temporary fix, restarting SDT has solved the issue. Normally, when after some time when I keep loading animtool positions and dialogues for testing, the game just kinda "starts to fall apart" and that's usually when auto mode just doesn't work properly. So when that happens, see if restarting SDT helps. If it helps, again, it is just a temp fix.

Rudgar

Content Creator
See if this thread fixes your issues: Some bugs on animtools
TL:DR
- Kent mentioned disabling teeth clenching, it seems to have helped him fix the error. (Or it fixed some error)
- sby posted an updated version for animtools as a temp fix. Try it out, hopefully, that will solve the problem.

If that doesn't help, I can say that I've had this issue as well, and as a temporary fix, restarting SDT has solved the issue. Normally, when after some time when I keep loading animtool positions and dialogues for testing, the game just kinda "starts to fall apart" and that's usually when auto mode just doesn't work properly. So when that happens, see if restarting SDT helps. If it helps, again, it is just a temp fix.
Thank you very much for the info! I'll check this out during the day and will give feedback.
Does anyone know, if sby sby added this patch to the newer versions that came after v19?

Update: changing the setting "disableteethclenching=0" to "disableteethclenching=1" did help me, too. Restarting SDT didn't.

Respectfully, Rudgar

Last edited:

someGuy040

Potential Patron
Glad to hear that the problem is solved! Hmm, I guess I'd have to do more testing to see what's going on, cause for me, it's a hit miss kind of situation. Sometimes auto mode glitches out and sometimes it doesn't. Well, at least disabling teeth clenching solves the problem!

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Thank you very much for the info! I'll check this out during the day and will give feedback.
Does anyone know, if sby sby added this patch to the newer versions that came after v19?

Update: changing the setting "disableteethclenching=0" to "disableteethclenching=1" did help me, too. Restarting SDT didn't.

Respectfully, Rudgar
wait, the disable teeth clench option fixes this auto mode bug?

Rudgar

Content Creator
wait, the disable teeth clench option fixes this auto mode bug?
Aye, as far as I can remember, it actually did fix this auto mode bug.

But!
Now things become interesting! I wanted to double check this setting before writing this answer and changed it back to "disableteethclenching=0" - nothing evil happened.
Auto mode did not make the girl act out. :wat:
Sincerly: it did fix the behaviour .. but now the behaviour does not reappear when changing the setting back.
No clue why :frown:

Respectfully, Rudgar

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Aye, as far as I can remember, it actually did fix this auto mode bug.

But!
Now things become interesting! I wanted to double check this setting before writing this answer and changed it back to "disableteethclenching=0" - nothing evil happened.
Auto mode did not make the girl act out. :wat:
Sincerly: it did fix the behaviour .. but now the behaviour does not reappear when changing the setting back.
No clue why :frown:

Respectfully, Rudgar
i am guessing this weird bug only happens when she is set to angry mode?

Rudgar

Content Creator
i am guessing this weird bug only happens when she is set to angry mode?
Nope, can't confirm. Never set any of my girls on angry mode.

Edit:
Just double-checked it - no problems when girl on angry mode

someGuy040

Potential Patron
Sorry for reviving this dead? thread, but I guess this issue is something else. I can confirm that even with disableTeethClenching = 1, the bug still occurs. Any new ideas?
Idk, again this bug for me is just random (for now). Sometimes it happens and after restarting the game, it's gone. Weird.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
if you got a way to recreate the bug, do tell.
give list of any startup mods, include the position that it occurs, and animtools settings.
also any other settings of mods loaded automatically might be relevant as well. i also expect that you are using the latest version of animtools.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
It's definitely something that gets broken when the game is reset. When I start up the game, all positions work fine regardless of auto mode. After pressing Reset, all non-oral positions will make her spazz out into space sooner or later when auto is engaged.

Tested this on both my main SDT folder and a fresh install containing only animtools v25, the latter on both Linux and Windows. Same story everywhere, all positions work fine until Reset is pressed.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
It's definitely something that gets broken when the game is reset. When I start up the game, all positions work fine regardless of auto mode. After pressing Reset, all non-oral positions will make her spazz out into space sooner or later when auto is engaged.

Tested this on both my main SDT folder and a fresh install containing only animtools v25, the latter on both Linux and Windows. Same story everywhere, all positions work fine until Reset is pressed.
this was very useful information, i was able to narrow it down to the proxy resetting doing it.
found the issue and is corrected for next release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.