Wanna build a setting? (1 Viewer)

puca

Club Regular
Hey all! Been kinda lurking and occasionally posting stuff around these parts for a few years (I did Bad End Adventurers and Zakolite Empire). Anyways, I'm feeling the urge to exercise some of my creative juices, and it's always more fun to do that with others! I really loved the ideas of Kriegmar and Floriel and the new world CapreseSalad's building over in Zako.

Anybody interested in brainstorming a shared setting? It would obviously have a ryona bent. I'm up for fantasy or sci-fi. I just kinda want to toss around ideas, build interesting factions or characters, create fun ideas to just sort of munch on.

puca

Club Regular
A couple of starting points I had floating around, since I realized just posting without anything to say of my own would be silly.
  • Let's start off with a pretty typical fantasy continent. Infested with various horrific monsters, dotted with ruins and treasure, adventurers abound. What type of races and cultures would you want? Elves, dwarves, smallfolk, cat girls, amazons, knights, sorceresses, etc.? Are there gods? Are they good or evil, or are there some of both? Is there an evil empire? Where do the vore-y monsters live and what types are there? Are there orcs and goblins, and are they cute monster girls or the pillage and enslave type? What other type of monsters do you like to see? Are there cults dedicated to dark gods, festering at the heart of great cities? Are kingdoms at war? If you were making a fantasy ryona setting, what would you want to put in it?
  • If we went sci-fi, who would the major power players be? Decadent, crumbling space empires? Are there rebels or other nations to oppose them? Do shady mega corporations control everything? Maybe they have different specializations, like cybernetics, biotechnology, and psychic technology, with zako troops to match. What would you choose? Are there aliens? Maybe in this setting the conflict is centered around a very valuable planet with unique resources or strategic value, and a whole host of factions have high stakes in its control.
So I guess one thing I'm wondering is, what aspects appeal to you? Do you like following a squadron of bad guy zako minions as they have sci-fi shoot outs? Or maybe the misadventures of hapless heroines as they quest forth and run into bad ends?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.