Scale Calculations? (1 Viewer)

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Correct me if I'm wrong but can you determine bodyScale by dividing her height by his? Like, if you know her height is 61 inches and his height is 72 inches then that'd make her bodyScale roughly 0.8472. Or have I made my 10s of 1000s of character codes wrong? The math checks out, but she don't always look like she'd be that small compared to him.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
HER height in pixels at bodyScale:1 would need to be the same as HIM so that doesn't work at that accuracy

bodyScale:0.8472 is 84.72% her starting scale.

You used: HER_end_hieght/HIS_hieght=bodyScale %
it should be: HER_end_hieght/HER_start_hieght=bodyScale %

With your formula you tried to make her 11in/16% shorter than him but you instead made her 11in/16% shorter than her start height which I think looks exactly like what you see in game with all the numbers you used

To do it the way you intend you have to know how tall she is compared to him. So you have to know how tall he is first. If you want it accurate to the inch you should make up a height for HIM then measure him in pixels and work out pixels to inches based on your made up height. Then you can measure her true starting height relative to him at bodyScale:1 then it will be accurate to do HER_end_hieght/HER_start_hieght=bodyScale % after that will will know how tall the two character are compared to each other

Alternatively I guarantee Sby knows how tall the characters are so I'd ask them :p

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Wow, way more math than I was prepared to do. Kinda sucks I have all these character folders based on my original math. My primary folders have HIM measured at 66 inches without altering his scale. Therefore, the character I mentioned (61in) has bodyScale:0.9242. I just assumed the assets for the two models were roughly the same size at bodyScale:1, just differently proportioned due to anatomy.

My main concern tho was about having rather short characters and using the same math. Like if she 3 foot and he's 6 foot that'd put the scale at 0.5. When using that in the game tho she actually looks about a quarter of his size. That may be due to her starting relative height, like you said. But it wouldn't make that big of a difference, right? It may just be a trick on the eyes since she's kneeling and he's standing.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Therefore, the character I mentioned (61in) has bodyScale:0.9242
I'm totally confused xD

I just assumed the assets for the two models were roughly the same size at bodyScale:1, just differently proportioned due to anatomy.
In the end the difference is negligible unless you want to measure +5' characters down to the inch or 0.01% It seems you included an off set in the end, so I'd say if you used the same math its close enough. except...

My main concern tho was about having rather short characters and using the same math. Like if she 3 foot and he's 6 foot that'd put the scale at 0.5. When using that in the game tho she actually looks about a quarter of his size. That may be due to her starting relative height, like you said. But it wouldn't make that big of a difference, right? It may just be a trick on the eyes since she's kneeling and he's standing.
That is exactly correct because bodyScale is not height it is her 2D scale so she also gets thinner/her relative proportions change in every direction. Also if you are using anysizeher to scale that low, one of that mod's main feature is auto knee bending which even her as well

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
I'm totally confused xD
I meant the character I used in the first example is 61 inches and the HIM model I normally use is measured at 66 inches, making the bodyScale I use for her being 0.9242. Many times the full number will drag on and on, but I always limit the scale to 4 decimal points. If the raw results are longer than 0.1234 I'll round it after the fourth decimal. I just used a calculator and saw 61/66=0.9242424242424242 so I round it to 0.9242.

That is exactly correct because bodyScale is not height it is her 2D scale so she also gets thinner/her relative proportions change in every direction. Also if you are using anysizeher to scale that low, one of that mod's main feature is auto knee bending which even her as well
That's what I was thinking was happening. There's probably some math that could correct it, but I don't have the mental gymnastics to figure all that out. I guess I'll have to refrain from making characters that small. Yes, I do use anysizeher. Nearly all my characters are smaller than the default minimum of 0.95. I wouldn't be able to play without that mod. Auto bend knees makes some positions work with smaller body scales, and sometimes auto knee bending breaks positions. I've learned how to disable that feature on the fly if needed tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.