More interaction for resource reviews (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
I notice that only the creators of resources can reply to reviews. I think everyone should be able to reply to reviews for more interaction in the community when talking about the quality of a resource. This can also help fix bugs with a resource by getting more people involved in discussing it. If you can like this post and also upvote it, it would be appreciated. d£t d£t especially requests approval from prominent members of the modding community since this change will affect them the most. Responses from @Hank East @The Hacker Known As Snow sby sby sclover13 sclover13 @sorrowww @Rod @tickles @chainsawplayin @Pragma @Antimatter42 @edgelord 3000 Samoth Samoth are appreciated.

Last edited:

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Hey dudes, don't forget to vote up or down on the right side of the post rather than liking it for it to count towards the suggestion score.

1620422512143.png

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
There is a feature for a thread to be automatically created when a resource is posted, but at the time the RM was opened up in discussing with some of the previous mods, we decided to leave it off because authors couldn't choose if they wanted the system to create one or not and I didn't see much value in creating a bunch of threads the author may not want to participate in.

Overall my thinking is that if there are going to be discussions about the quality of a resource, that's generally going to be between the author and the reviewer. Also I believe most of the artists have their own threads running where they could point people to if they wanted to discuss it further if the review system wasn't sufficient.

I'm not shutting the suggestion down, just giving the previous decision some context. If this is something the community wants enabled though I'd like to see more buy in from modders. Talk to some folks and direct them to this vote if you'd like to see it implemented.

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
Actually do both, it needs to be proven that various famous modders approve of the suggestion for it to get passed, thanks

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i don't think individual threads being created for every resource would be good, seems to me like it would just bloat up a lot of empty threads. for most resources (sdt related backgrounds, hairs, costumes), the content is mostly straight forward. if people make the more complicated stuff, those authors usually have their own thread to discuss their mods, or should consider it. resources have a link field that could be used to point to their thread.
for the general being able to reply to reviews if you have downloaded it, i'd say that is fine and can be helpful, if that is something feasible within the forum framework.
for making threads for each resource, i'd say that is unnecessary

DrZombi

Content Creator
Just adding my 2 cents:
I'm not sure this is really useful, at least for me. I always create a dedicated thread for all of my uploads and people are always welcome to discuss in there. Reviews are made for... Reviewing. If you need a real discussion, going to the thread or contacting directly the modder seems a better way than inflating the reviews section. IMHO ! :smile:

sclover13

Content Creator
I'd agree only if replies to reviews were opened to everyone, not so much about creating a full thread for each mod.

Right now though, not many users leave reviews for mods.

I wish there was a way to encourage more reviews...

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
A thread for each mod seems pointless and would just spam the forum with empty threads. Just as most modders I have my own thread where I actively invite discussion, criticism, questions and suggestions. There's barely any activity and I from what I've seen there's very little activity on most of the other modders' threads as well.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
No worries, thanks for making the suggestion and getting input from modders. There is a "support URL" field for resources where authors can link people to an existing thread or an external site if they prefer which I think is a viable alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.