Kensei Sacred Fist (1 Viewer)

Mardion

Potential Patron
Kensei : Sacred Fist [Playstation]

Published : 1998
Genre : Fighting
Ryona rating : 4/5

Ryona:
  • Six distinctive female characters out of a roster of twenty fighters.
  • Huge abundance of moves per character.
  • Several grabs per character, including chain grabs (one of which is effectively a quadruple powerbomb) , bone-cracking grabs, continuous mounted punches etc.
  • All fighters have a stomping move, and three of them have ground grabs (two females and one male wrestler).

Female Characters:
  • Ann, an athletic woman wearing tight short light-blue gym clothes. Her moves are powerful and her grabs are mostly takedowns. She has a move where she jumps on the back of her opponent's head, violently stomps it several times, then sommersaults into the air pushing her opponent's torso behind, so as to step on her face pushing it to the ground and cracking her spine.
  • Saya, a middle-school girl wearing either non-existent pants or very short skirts. Most of her moves center around her legs, either kicking or twirling around her opponent's neck.
  • Kornelia, a tomboy wearing either a worker's outfit or a colorful casual attire with long boots. Her moves are strong and spunky.
  • Kazane, a shrine maiden wearing either a traditional Japanese outfit or a purple dress with boots. Her moves are flexible and ninja-like.
  • Yuli, a cheerful girl wearing either a Chinese outfit or a light-blue evening gown. Her moves are acrobatic and include a lot of slight jumping.
  • Cindy, a snobby ruthless woman wearing an expensive red or black dress, black tights and high heels. She revels in taking advantage of her opponent's weaknesses, as made evident by the move where she punches her opponent's nethers twice, then slowly and showing great pleasure thrusts her high heel right into said nethers.

Screenshots:

Ryonani thread with detailed review and download link:
http://www.undertow.club/downloadable-games/1589-kensei-sacred-fist.html

Mardion

Potential Patron
Because of an image hosting site problem, I was about to reupload the images to this article (which were the same as the ones in the thread I created for it) , but then I realised it's been a while since I last played it so I uploaded new ones... 36 in fact, if any game deserves that record, it's Kensei ^_^ Do check them out if you haven't played the game yet (in which case, and assuming you don't have a 10-years-old computer, shame on you!).

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Mmm, now I want to play this again! Did anyone ever do any ryona videos of this? If not, that could be my next project...

Mardion

Potential Patron
It's pretty safe to say that noone ever has, since this is a game that almost noone has really played. I'd sure feel better knowing a ryona video of it is out there :-)

PS: A "kensei ryona" Youtube search came up with nothing.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Is it a hard game? I could probably get a copy somewhere, I have a PS1 memort card I can save to, but if the computer is impossible to beat, I'm not interested.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Is it a hard game?
It should be a cakewalk in Easy mode. Personally I played Normal mode and could get up to Stage 6 with no problem, after that it was a bit too chalenging, but certainly not impossible. The only trick should be to get used to its gameplay and controls ; as I mentioned in the thread, it's a slow game. quite unlike modern fighting games.

PS: If you don't find it, you can always download and play it on your PC (see article for link).
PPS: You still have a working PS1 Memory Card? I wish mine had lasted as long!

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Well I ordered one so I could play ECW Hardcore Revolution, but yeah, it works.

All the links are broken in the original post. Other than that, yeah, if I can get a rom with a save file, I'll just do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
It's pretty safe to say that noone ever has, since this is a game that almost noone has really played. I'd sure feel better knowing a ryona video of it is out there :-)

PS: A "kensei ryona" Youtube search came up with nothing.

Urgh.. I forgot about the ridiculousness of the controls... the interesting holds are all multipart, with not-easy inputs...

Mardion

Potential Patron
Urgh.. I forgot about the ridiculousness of the controls... the interesting holds are all multipart, with not-easy inputs...
Yup, the controls could have done with a lot more refining. I'm just happy that the AI already does all of the interesting moves on my character ^_^

Well I ordered one so I could play ECW Hardcore Revolution.
Just like I had nearly filled one with ECW Hardcore Revolution's prequel, WWF Attitude. Ah, the memories ^_^

All the links are broken in the original post.
Thanks for letting me know, links updated.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I'm having trouble getting the save file working (I don't know what the hell to do it with in ePSXe) so I've only got three of the six females at the moment, but luckily Ann and Yuli are available, and David is available to kick their gorgeous asses. Man, do I love wringing Ann's neck! I also like the fact you can stay in a transition as long as you want, only thing I wish you could do is throw some punches when you've got them mounted or in the beginning setup of a camel clutch. And he does a reverse fireman's carry that I REALLY wish were just a torture rack backbreaker... and if there is a bearhug I haven;t found out how to do it or who does. But damn. definitely a 4/5 and if the game were on the graphical quality of today's systems, 5 easily.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
If you got a .gme file, just point to it directly as if it were a memory card, and epsxe should load it fine.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I'm trying to load it in the game's save/load menu, is that where I am going wrong? Cause it just says "no game data found, game mot loaded". I have the .gme, I converted it to .mcr, I pointed ePSXe at it in the config-memcard menu, nothing works at all.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Doesn't work. ePSXe refuses to look at any save data I give it. I have a thread in Technical Help trying to hash this out. I just tried a save state, I got some... weird game that looks like it's been altered... it's definitely not Kensei, I know that much..

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Holy crap, the ryona is amazing for a game this old! I'd been using David to beat the girls up but Cindy has a nice grab where she punches her opponent in the kidney then puts on a choke hold, and she does a backbreaker! That was a joyous find...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.