[PC] Holdover (1 Viewer)

Beatitudes

Potential Patron
holdover.png

This game is a fun little Metroid-esque puzzle platformer by Japanese developer FOX EYE, heavily focused on upgrading your character and fairly difficult underwater puzzle sequences. It's not very heavy on ryona content, but is still very enjoyable, and contains well enough to be included in the forum. Also, the developer seems to have an underwater fetish, so I figure that's worth mentioning.

WARNING: While not very explicit, it contains loli content, as the main character seems to be roughly 13-15 years old.

The author's website, which can be viewed here, is both in Japanese and english, and does a fairly good job explaining the game. The website is mostly engrish, but it's not too hard to understand. Click the "Free DL" button on the top right corner of the flash portion of the site to get to the download page. If for some reason you can't access it, I'll upload it upon request to mediafire.

THE GAME

The game is basically standard fare as far as platformers go, although it is astonishingly well-constructed, and I've had a lot of fun with it. The story is that this young girl is awoken from a long synthetic sleep, and has to uh, figure out where she is and what's going on and stuff. this guy does a better job explaining the story (and game) than I do, but MEH.

Arrow keys are to move, z is to jump, x is to interact, and shift is to bring up the in-game menu. Escape closes the program.

It appears to have been made in the early nineties, and I can't pretend it aged perfectly, but the graphics are still solidly sprited, and the MIDI music is still honestly better than a lot of the crap you get in current indie games anyway.

Her clothing is destructable, and her character profile changes nicely depending on how much if it is still intact. Blood stains from previous deaths stay on the level permanently, even after you reload the game. It's neat!

Sound good? Good!

SCREENSHOTS
ho1q.png

ho2c.png

Sorry for the rushed post. I hope it came out alright. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

chromo1418

Potential Patron
Nice game, that you found. But i am a little stuck and dont know how to get on. It tells me to search for the infirmary to ease the feets. I found the blue suit on my way there, but now i dont know, on which way i need to go now. Someone who can help me?
I made some pics of where i currently die every time, which are in the attached rar. I also uploaded my save in it. I hope someone can tell me, what i do wrong.

P.S.: That red circle in the fith pic is, where usualy my air runs out and the blue arrow means, that there is is fresh air for refreshing.

p.P.S.: For all who got even now problems with the pics, they are also inside of the rar, as stated above

View attachment Save.rar
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8792/84940246.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4634/94137601.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4040/40786762.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9318/28065473.jpg
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8351/35423380.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Beatitudes

Potential Patron
Chromo, I believe you're trying to go down to that area too early. You passed over a few hearts earlier on...

hh1t.png

You can't get the hearts in this screen because you can't jump high enough yet, but...

hh2u.png

All you have to do to get these (which is enough to level up) is heal your bathing suit so your top can take one hit from the laser so you can grab those hearts.

Also, have you gotten past this part yet?
hh3k.png

Before you can get to the infirmary, you have to disable the lasers and get past this part to get to a medical room. I was too lazy to check if you already completed it, but just making sure...

Glad you're enjoying it!

Thundragon

Potential Patron
Wow, just finished the game, tough, couldn't get all the hearts (I guess that means you don't really need them all, i ended with lv6), i must say this game is pretty nice as a platformer :)

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
It's a really nice game actually, how much ryona is actually in it?

I didn't manage to finish it, heck I got stuck pretty early on already :(
Don't know what the heck I am doing wrong :(

I will see about getting a screenshot later, but it's at one of the first actual underwater challenges, I only found 3 or so hearts that I could reach, the others are on a ledge where I need to double jump but can't yet. But it seems like somehow I just don't have enough hearts.

It is where you have the moving platforms in the water and a spike strip to the right and under it you have to crawl to get to the right of the screen, all underwater of course. But as soon as I end up on the other side of the screen I just die due to no more breath. Even if I jump up in the first opening it doesn't give me enough air to even crawl under to the exit of that underwater segment :(

Thundragon

Potential Patron
Mmmm, that's odd, i was able to do that part with lv 1. The key in the game is to be stubborn, and retry that part until you get it (the quick loads are really helpful)

chromo1418

Potential Patron
Thx Beatitudes

now im past that part, but currently im stuck with the elevator. I activated it and im currently lvl 4. Some tips for that part?

Noname

Ryonani Teamster
Wow, just finished the game, tough, couldn't get all the hearts (I guess that means you don't really need them all, i ended with lv6), i must say this game is pretty nice as a platformer :)

Do you have to get through the shootem-up sequence to actually "finish" it or is that just a "and now for something different?"

Thundragon

Potential Patron
Yes, you actually MUST destroy 70 enemies or so, if they destroy the ship you don't lose, but you have to kill all 70 ships again. I got tired of it, but, it's worth seeing the ending

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.