Hello fellow coders (1 Viewer)

RegisNyx

Potential Patron
hello everyone,

i've been here a few times before, but never for long. When SDT came out i took a look at it and found it to be quite nice, but since there wasnt much to do except for the DT and looking at a hundred char mods i left it alone shortly after. Now i come back and see a lot of stuff that kindled my interest.

Especially the mods sby made (sby) got me interested, so i decided to give the SDT modding a try. Since I'm a developer using javascript, java, c# etc. i'am more interested in altering the behavior or creating new functionalities than designing new hair or clothes, that's something others can do much better then me.

Until recently i worked on some loverlab mods (oblivion) but i kind of hit a dead end, because of some limitations there wasnt much to enhance anymore without investing a lot of time. Looking at the SDT Loader it seems to me that its possible to get nice results or a new functionality without investing a huge load of time (obviously it still required a lot of knowledge and skill). And because i need some little project where i can invest some hours every week i would like to try some things out with SDT loader. I already have some ideas but i first have to get to know the framework better to see whenever it's actually possible to realize them.

At this point i already read through some tutorials and videos but iam still struggling with CS6, if someone got some tips for me or threads i need to take a look at please let me know.

And if sby reads this, i hope its ok to ask a few questions from time to time, because you are creating a lot of interesting mods and one of the things i want to enhance involves one of your mods.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Especially the mods sby made (sby) got me interested, so i decided to give the SDT modding a try. Since I'm a developer using javascript, java, c# etc. i'am more interested in altering the behavior or creating new functionalities than designing new hair or clothes, that's something others can do much better then me.
At this point i already read through some tutorials and videos but iam still struggling with CS6, if someone got some tips for me or threads i need to take a look at please let me know.
CS6 isn't necessary. Here's a recent example of a mod which was written in a simple text editor and then compiled using the Lightweight Compiler. You'll probably learn more by examining simple mods and writing a few of your own, than by trying to pick apart the biggest ones (especially animtools and moreClothing). The latter tend to require Flash (because they introduce new shapes and/or UI elements) and so you'll be struggling with an unfamiliar UI at the same time as learning AS3 syntax and SDT object hierarchies. Even though the source code for the large mods is shared, it isn't necessarily documented to a level that would help new readers to understand it; it tends to consist of notes from the developer to himself.

And if sby reads this, i hope its ok to ask a few questions from time to time, because you are creating a lot of interesting mods and one of the things i want to enhance involves one of your mods.
sby sby taught me how to do SDT modding (as did @ModGuy, who isn't active at the moment). I started out by tweaking one of his mods. It's safe to say that he'll help you along as well.

P.S. You can use "twitter-style" name tagging. Just put an @ symbol in front of someone's name and they'll be notified of your post. This is useful for casual mentions, wherein you're inviting someone to glance over a particular thread. For a more in-depth interaction (such as code review and mentorship), private messages would be more suitable.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
feel free to ask questions, i can attempt to answer stuffs

i also have tutorial videos about modding in the 'other downloads' section of my loader imports thread, probably helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.