Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Yes, but not that often

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
I'm experimenting with some AUTO_x triggers in my dialogue, and kind of wonder if that would mess up people's preferences for using the Auto function or not. So I might as well try to dip my toe in the water to test the temperature with this little poll. Though it seems I can only ask one single question, so feel free to elaborate your answer in a post, like if you use Normal, Soft, Hard or Self most, or if you would feel annoyed that a dialogue would take control over the Auto function.

Deltavoid

Content Creator
I don't normally use it mainly due to animtools and aimpenis (though I recently removed aimpenis from my Default loadout.) When i do use it, ill either set it to self or soft. Its an extremely rare occasion and mainly happens when i am playing dialogues.

Hank East

Content Creator
I use auto pretty much all the time, mostly on Hard mode cuz I have a thing for "forced" scenarios though I use other modes too. When it comes to dialogues, if the auto modes interrupts her I'll turn it off so she'll finish her line then turn it back again.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
When it comes to dialogues, if the auto modes interrupts her I'll turn it off so she'll finish her line then turn it back again.

That's one of the things I've done so far in my experiments, just a simple [AUTO_OFF] at the beginning of all her lines, but I can't "resume" the state it was in at the end of the line, so I have to just set a new auto loosely based on whatever she's saying. It's not hard to make a line like "Please be gentle...[HOLD][AUTO_HARD]" but not that easy when the line is "How about this weather, eh?"

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
Okay, I'm giving up on this, at least for my current dialogue. AUTO_OFF/AUTO_SELF removes his hand from her head, and all others puts his hand back, making him seem like he's having some sort of seizure at every line.

According to the documentation for dialogueactions, there's [AUTO_KEYS] and [PAUSE]/[CONTINUE] triggers, but I cannot for the life of me work out what they actually do, if anything. Do I need another mod for them?

Rudgar

Content Creator
Okay, I'm giving up on this, at least for my current dialogue. AUTO_OFF/AUTO_SELF removes his hand from her head, and all others puts his hand back, making him seem like he's having some sort of seizure at every line.

According to the documentation for dialogueactions, there's [AUTO_KEYS] and [PAUSE]/[CONTINUE] triggers, but I cannot for the life of me work out what they actually do, if anything. Do I need another mod for them?
Use [RELEASE] and [HOLD] to control his hand - HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
I tried that, and I even made a check to see whether he's holding her to make sure he keeps it in the same position as it was initially, but what happens is that he will grab her and immediately release her (or the opposite), again looking like he's having some weird seizure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.