Changing the skin-tone modifier into a RGB-controlled one? (1 Viewer)

Peter Langton

Potential Patron
So yeah, I just asked myself if it was possible to modify the skin tone-modifier as it is now with values for H,S,L and C into one that uses R,G,B-Values like the ones for clothing instead.
My personal experience with the default one is that it requires a lot of experimenting, and often you only get a skintone that is only barely acceptably similar to the one you want. Also a modifier would make people able to just use dropping-glass colour-picker-ish programs to copy a desired skintone one to one.

As I don't have a clue or a second about how SDT or the Loader work script-/programming-wise, I can't answer this question for myself. So, if it's possible I'd like to request it, and if not, so be it.

ModGuy

Content Creator
It is possible, but you may experience differences between the perceived colour and the correct colour since the skin has a base colour.
If you script the conversion to use the base skin tone as 0/0/0 HSL then it'd probably work perfectly.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Actually, even easier if you cheat:
Set skin saturation to 0.
For each skin component overlay the same shape which masks a solid colour.
Draw RGB directly to said shape.
Adjust blendmode of shapes to "transfer" the colour down.

Peter Langton

Potential Patron
Well then, my request still stands. If any modder out here feels like making this a real thing, I ask you to take a shot at it. Would be real nice having something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.