Anthro Fox Him Request (1 Viewer)

SodaBlood

Potential Patron
I couldn't help but notice there seems to be at least somewhat of an interest in furry characters within fans of SDT, like the Pony Body Mods and hairs for characters like Lola Bunny and Krystal, so I thought it would be cool to have that extended to the Him character as well.

A fox is a pretty neat animal, and seems to be a popular choice (at least I'd like to see it), so if anyone else thinks this could be something cool and wouldn't mind making it, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: Found some other pictures that might be more helpful than what I had posted before. In order to avoid risking them blowing up the page, I was just going to link to them.

- An idea of what I would like for the tail (drooping down, somewhat long/thick, etc.) http://www.freewebs.com/heartofthenight/Rez_fox_by_kesame.jpg

- A picture of an anthro fox with more humanoid feet, which is more ideal to me than the digitigrade variant http://pre08.deviantart.net/0846/th/pre/i/2013/007/d/f/gift__sexy_male_fox__deal__by_ray_akim_blau-d5qsds0.jpg

- The closest thing I could find to a profile/side view of this type of character at this moment, however much it helps http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc295/jerrymojo2/grayfoxdonation.png

- Two other examples that are similar and closer to what I had in mind regarding the fur colors (orange outer fur, white inner fur) http://img03.deviantart.net/2399/i/2012/032/4/e/fox_anthro_practice_by_mikliak-d4odo2u.jpg and http://pre04.deviantart.net/c116/th/pre/i/2015/110/1/6/ref_sheet_of_felix_mischievolf_by_felixthefurryfox-d6h4wmy.jpg

stuntcock

Content Creator
SodaBlood said:
I thought it would be cool to have that extended to the Him character as well.
Please read the rules. If you want to see new artwork added to the game, then you need to provide proper reference images. The images must be in side view; they must have a suitable color palette and shading patterns; they must be amenable to tracing. The stuff that you've posted so far is inadequate.

If you want functional digitigrade legs then that's going to require extra work.

Please try to keep your images consistent. For example: are the ears, gloves, and socks supposed to be white or black? Is the tail supposed to be shorter than the torso or longer than t?

Please remember that the standard "him" body is headless. If you want a fox head then that will involve extra work. Please remember that male heads are basically just static props -- they don't actually express emotion, make eye contact, animate when HIM lines are spoken, etc...

Decide what you want the tail to do. Drooping permanently towards the floor is possible, as is a tail pointing permanently upwards. If you want it to curl and uncurl (or wag) during gameplay then more work will be needed.

Please do your homework. Take a few minutes to search the SDTMods forum. Identify a few mods which might be relevant to this project, and then include links in your first post:
  • foot or tail mods or ear mods (presumably female ones) which might be adapted onto the male body -- thus avoiding some duplicate work
  • penis replacement mods. If there's already a canine dick out there, then the fox-body modding project should probably strive to be compatible with it
  • male-body replacement mods in general. If you find a mod which presents a decent digitigrade or unguligrade leg then provide a link to it. A modder might be able to save time by reusing material from the existing mod.

Can you bring anything to the project other than reference images? For example: do you have any experience with vector tracing, animation, or AS3 coding? Would you be willing to commission an artist to draw custom reference images (assuming that you can't find good reference material from public sources)? Do you have experience with the Loader and Flash Projector, which might qualify you to serve as a tester for WIP mod files?

SodaBlood

Potential Patron
I apologize for the pictures being so big and all those other inconveniences, I did read the rules before posting and thought they were going to be automatically resized. I hadn't realized I'd be creating so many inconveniences with this topic, and I was just going to delete it, but seeing as how I seemingly can't, I suppose I just have to wait until I can find better and more consistent pictures (edit: I tried linking some better ones in my first post). It's just unfortunately somewhat difficult since there's so many varieties in all the furry art I can find, none of them seem to fit the exact same mold each time.

But to add some clarity to what I had in mind I will add some specific details I was hoping for.

- The tail can be still and drooping down, or otherwise at least as close as can be to full view if in some other position (facing up, outward/backward, etc.)

- I was hoping the fox could have regular/humanoid/anthropomorphic feet rather than the digitigrade (animalistic) look

- Similarly, I would prefer if the fox had the humanoid/regular Him cock, though I suppose if others preferred the canine/vulpine one there could be an alternate variant with this if they felt so inclined.

- I preferred the "socks" as it were to be white instead of black, with the tail notably long, comparable to the torso.

I may be willing to commission something over Paypal (like decent side/profile pics of the kind of fox I had in mind) for a reasonable price if I can figure something out.

stuntcock

Content Creator
SodaBlood said:
I hadn't realized I'd be creating so many inconveniences
You didn't create inconveniences. Most Request threads don't inconvenience anyone, but they also don't get fulfilled. I'm asking you to specify your requirements more clearly and consistently -- so that the request is more likely to be fulfilled instead of ignored.

My own interest is animation. I can probably deal with the tail, and maybe help out with rigging if you're doing any anatomy modification.

The remainder of the body is a big tracing job, which can't even begin until we've got finalized reference artwork. Vector tracing is a bit boring, so I'd like to see you take some initiative here. If you can trace 75% of it yourself then I might jump in to finish the job.

I can import the completed vectors into Flash and publish the actual SWF mod for you (but any SDT modder could do this for you; it's not a specialized task).

- An idea of what I would like for the tail (drooping down, somewhat long/thick, etc.) http://www.freewebs.com/heartofthenight/Rez_fox_by_kesame.jpg
The art style here is not suitable for SDT. The "textured" pattern on the fur would be very difficult to convert into vectors.

If the image is meant to show only the relative size of the tail (w/r/t the torso) then it's okay. But it's not perfect, because it's an oblique angle which doesn't clearly show the thickness of the tail or the torso.

- A picture of an anthro fox with more humanoid feet, which is more ideal to me than the digitigrade variant http://pre08.deviantart.net/0846/th/pre/i/2013/007/d/f/gift__sexy_male_fox__deal__by_ray_akim_blau-d5qsds0.jpg
Okay, that's one less complication to worry about.

The legs shown here are not very different from the standard male SDT legs. The calves and thighs are more muscular, and the toes are more bulbous, but the proportions are essentially human.

Do you expect the modder to actually draw new fox legs, or just paint red/white/black fills onto the existing legs?

Actually, this question can be broadened out:
"Which bodyparts (e.g. arms, shoulders, buttocks?) will be created by simply painting fox-fur colors onto the existing male body?"
"Which bodyparts (e.g. furred abdomen, feet, tail, head?) will have a new/different shape?"

- The closest thing I could find to a profile/side view of this type of character at this moment, however much it helps http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc295/jerrymojo2/grayfoxdonation.png
Useful, but the image is a bit small. It's also inconsistent with your other reference images (short tail, robust heels, grey fur, no abdominal details, clawed fingers, etc).

This image depicts a "medium" build (or maybe a "lithe" build concealed by a lot of thick fur). Some of your reference images have shown a very lithe figure, or a very muscular one. If you have a preference, then it would be best to find images which consistently show the desired body type.

- Two other examples that are similar and closer to what I had in mind regarding the fur colors (orange outer fur, white inner fur) http://img03.deviantart.net/2399/i/2012/032/4/e/fox_anthro_practice_by_mikliak-d4odo2u.jpg and http://pre04.deviantart.net/c116/th/pre/i/2015/110/1/6/ref_sheet_of_felix_mischievolf_by_felixthefurryfox-d6h4wmy.jpg
These images both show black socks and gloves (when you've stated a preference for white). The two tails have different stripe patterns, as do the ears.

The first image shows a good shading pattern. The second image does not -- it's flat-color. Flat-color images don't fit into the SDT art style, so it would either look out-of-place OR require more work from the modder.

It's just unfortunately somewhat difficult since there's so many varieties in all the furry art I can find, none of them seem to fit the exact same mold each time.
This is why I suggested that you might need to commission a custom image ... at present, an SDT modder would need to combine elements from a half-dozen different images (e.g. body shape from #3, tail shape from #1, fur colors from #5) in order to create the SWF. This involves a lot of extra effort and uncertainty (and revisions!), so it's more likely that they'll just ignore your request.

SodaBlood

Potential Patron
I apologize for taking so long to reply, I had a lot of things going on in the last few days.

I think I have a better understanding now, and I regret again that I was unclear before. I'll try to convey what I would like in the most concise way I can fathom at this moment.

Basically, I'm not looking for anything extremely special, just something with just enough detail to convey the feeling of the Him being an anthro fox. In short, it can just be the regular Him with just a motionless tail slapped on and segments of his skin recolored in specific patterns to suffice for the fur.

So, overall;

- More or less otherwise a regular Him, just recolored orange (for the most part) and white (for the "special" segments).

- Previously mentioned white segments can just extend to an oval around the torso/chest/stomach, and "socks" around the hands and feet. Cock and/or balls can retain normal flesh color.

- A motionless, even plain-looking fox tail hanging down, starting at his tailbone (no pun intended).

- A nice extra detail would be small black claws/nails at the ends of the fingers/toes, but not necessary.

I would be more than happy to do this myself if I was able, but unfortunately I have absolutely no drawing talent and even less flash talent. If someone else would do it, even if it was just as simple as this, I would still deeply appreciate it all the same.

stuntcock

Content Creator
SodaBlood said:
Basically, I'm not looking for anything extremely special, just something with just enough detail to convey the feeling of the Him being an anthro fox. In short, it can just be the regular Him with just a motionless tail slapped on and segments of his skin recolored in specific patterns to suffice for the fur.
My earlier feedback may have been overly negative. I apologize for any miscommunication.
  • When I write "<feature x> will require extra work" I mean it literally. I'm not trying to badger you into discarding that feature; I simply want to notify you of the modding work involved so that you can make an informed decision (and set your own expectations w/r/t timeline and probability of success).
  • When I write "new in-game assets requires special reference images" I'm trying to get you to find better images. I don't want you to abandon the whole idea of new assets, nor do I expect you to be content with orange and white blobs painted onto the default body.

Controlling the scope of your project is always a good idea, but you're not necessarily going to get more support for your request by reducing the technical and artistic requirements.

The Flash environment allows for a high degree of visual fidelity, and modders tend to take some pride in their workmanship. When you ask them to create a mod which looks like "a dude who has painted himself orange and then shoved a fake tail up his ass" then they may scorn your project because the goal seems absurd. Alternatively, they may abstain from the project so as to leave an "easy" opportunity for novice modders (who may not actually appear).

My chief interest is rigging and animation. If you state that the tail should be motionless, and that the limbs will be unchanged, then there's little technical reason for me to be involved. I'm personally fond of anthropomorphic stuff, but the mod that you've described is too visually simple to sustain my interest as a producer or a consumer. If I could snap my fingers and make the SWF file exist immediately with zero effort, I probably wouldn't actually use it.

tl;dr - you may want to find more images and set higher requirements, instead of opting for a quick-and-easy mod. But if you want to keep the requirements as-is, then you've provided enough images+info; you'll simply need to wait for someone to volunteer.

SodaBlood

Potential Patron
I guess I'd just be happy with my last, simplest description as a bare minimum sort of thing and would encourage any more ambitious modders to add other details as they see fit. At the very least, I'd see the pictures I previously linked and my desires/suggestions more like general guidelines more than anything else; at this point, I'd be happy with any kind of anthro fox at all, though I'd prefer to at least have those last few details in my last post (which still leaves a lot of broad room for general customization/creative interpretation on the part of the modder IMO, like bodily shape, fur texture details, position and/or possible movement of tail, black leathery "paw pads" on palms/fingers, etc. if they felt so obliged). My efforts to find consistent pictures, or even just one perfect picture, have been fruitless so far, so I guess it's up to me to try to have an ideal one commissioned somewhere, though unfortunately I'm not sure how soon I could have that done.

If nothing else, I guess I could just try to motivate myself to try to learn how to do what I need to in order to do it myself if that's even possible for someone like me, and wait until someone else makes something better if that ever even happens. This is just something I'd really, really enjoy seeing made, whether it's as simple as what's described in my last post which would be good enough for me, or something with more creative passion behind it that a seasoned modder would enjoy doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.