"DON'T OPEN LOADER.SWF IN YOUR WEB BROWSER" (1 Viewer)

jjjjj1

Potential Patron
What you want to download is the stand alone flash player projecter, found here: Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads.
stuntcock has given instructions on how to download and run SDT on the projector.

Do note that an alternate way to open SDT.swf or Loader.swf is by opening the flash player projecter and then click "file" and then click "Open..." and navigating your files to where you have your Loader.swf or SDT.swf and double click on it, then click ok. (I don't know if this applies to all versions of the projector, I'm assuming you are using windows.)

If this doesn't help you can try one of the pre-made packs created by some of the modders, the pack made my sby is a great one to go with:
sby's loader imports; December 28 2016: uploaded stuffs (click the spoiler under --- Sby Loader Pack(s): ---, and then click the download link that shows up.)

Lastly, the newbie guide may be able to solve what may be wrong: SDT Newbie Guide

I hope I've help you in some way! Those more knowledgeable (like stuncock and other mods) will be of greater help if this did not solve the issues you've ran into. Good luck!
Alright, sorry to bother again I bet I'm becoming a bit of a nuisance but; I opened the one in sby's pack and I dropped the loader into the projector and it said "Error loading". Now this is where I'd usually give up, but there must be something that can fix this somehow. You've been a major help, Thanks. The last request is ultimately: how do I make this error go away?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I opened the one in sby's pack and I dropped the loader into the projector
When you're seeking tech support, please be as descriptive as possible. "I downloaded version 9 of sby's pack from the Undertow website and I saved it to c:\whatever. Then I extracted the ZIP file using 7-zip. I opened flashplayer_11_sa.exe and a window appeared with a white background and a menu bar. I selected the SDT.swf file and dragged it into the projector window and then etc..." This kind of description is tedious, but it will help us to identify any misunderstanding which have occurred.

It would also be useful to know which operating system you're using. sby's pack is intended for recent versions of Windows and may not work if you're using a much older version.

White screen errors are uncommon in Flash. I can recreate it by trying to play the game without actually extracting the ZIP file (which is silly) or by drag-and-dropping the entire Loader subfolder into the Flash Player window. The latter is less silly but it's still a mistake; you're supposed to drag-and-drop only the Loader.swf file. But you can avoid any confusion by running the shortcut which sby has provided: it's named "play SDT Loader". Just double-click on that file.

and it said "Error loading".
I'm unable to reproduce this error. Could you please provide a screenshot?

Errors like this one can potentially arise because of conflicts in your OS, Flash compatibility issues, bugs in SDT, or problems in one of the mods that you're trying to run. Without specific information (such as a stack trace or screenshot), it's difficult for us to narrow down the problem or recommend a fix.

jjjjj1

Potential Patron
upload_2017-6-13_22-16-33.png

When you're seeking tech support, please be as descriptive as possible. "I downloaded version 9 of sby's pack from the Undertow website and I saved it to c:\whatever. Then I extracted the ZIP file using 7-zip. I opened flashplayer_11_sa.exe and a window appeared with a white background and a menu bar. I selected the SDT.swf file and dragged it into the projector window and then etc..." This kind of description is tedious, but it will help us to identify any misunderstanding which have occurred.

It would also be useful to know which operating system you're using. sby's pack is intended for recent versions of Windows and may not work if you're using a much older version.

White screen errors are uncommon in Flash. I can recreate it by trying to play the game without actually extracting the ZIP file (which is silly) or by drag-and-dropping the entire Loader subfolder into the Flash Player window. The latter is less silly but it's still a mistake; you're supposed to drag-and-drop only the Loader.swf file. But you can avoid any confusion by running the shortcut which sby has provided: it's named "play SDT Loader". Just double-click on that file.

I'm unable to reproduce this error. Could you please provide a screenshot?

Errors like this one can potentially arise because of conflicts in your OS, Flash compatibility issues, bugs in SDT, or problems in one of the mods that you're trying to run. Without specific information (such as a stack trace or screenshot), it's difficult for us to narrow down the problem or recommend a fix.

So I dragged and dropped the loader in the flashplayer. I downloaded the recent version of sby's pack. I'm running on windows 7 ultimate, maybe it's too old? I'm not sure. I used winRAR and just dumped the folder on my desktop then went to the first projector and dropped the loader file in, and it just said Error. I seriously have no idea what to do, so sorry if I become a nuisance.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Error screenshot
This error is fairly straightforward. You've successfully loaded the Loader.swf file in your Flash Player. It does a bit of preparatory work and then attemps to load the SDT.swf file. Loader.swf will remain active when SDT.swf is "playing"; it will interfere with the SDT game (for example: by adding new elements to the UI) and allow advanced mods to work.

Unfortunately, Loader.swf is unable to find the SDT.swf file and therefore the game can't proceed.

The two SWF files should be in the same folder. If you've accidentally moved them around then you could try to re-extract the ZIP file in order to obtain a pristine set of files.

If the files are already in the same place then you could use a different folder. There are sometimes permissions isssues associated with the specialized folders under Windows (such as My Documents), especially if you're running a non-admin account. You can delete the folder on your desktop, and then try extracting the ZIP file into a less special location (such as c:\games\sdt). Try to use the "play SDT Loader" shortcut to run the game from its new location.

I used winRAR and just dumped the folder on my desktop then went to the first projector and dropped the loader file in, and it just said Error.
I'm concerned about the fact that WinRAR is still visible in your taskbar. You might be dragging-and-dropping the Loader.swf file from the WinRAR window into Flash Player. That will "work", in the sense that WinRAR will extract a temporary copy of the Loader.swf file and then open it in Flash Player. But there isn't a SDT.swf file within that temporary folder, so the game can't actually start.
  1. Ensure that you've extracted the files.
  2. Close WinRAR.
  3. Open Flash Player.
  4. Drag and drop Loader.swf onto the Flash Player window.

jjjjj1

Potential Patron
This error is fairly straightforward. You've successfully loaded the Loader.swf file in your Flash Player. It does a bit of preparatory work and then attemps to load the SDT.swf file. Loader.swf will remain active when SDT.swf is "playing"; it will interfere with the SDT game (for example: by adding new elements to the UI) and allow advanced mods to work.

Unfortunately, Loader.swf is unable to find the SDT.swf file and therefore the game can't proceed.

The two SWF files should be in the same folder. If you've accidentally moved them around then you could try to re-extract the ZIP file in order to obtain a pristine set of files.

If the files are already in the same place then you could use a different folder. There are sometimes permissions isssues associated with the specialized folders under Windows (such as My Documents), especially if you're running a non-admin account. You can delete the folder on your desktop, and then try extracting the ZIP file into a less special location (such as c:\games\sdt). Try to use the "play SDT Loader" shortcut to run the game from its new location.

I'm concerned about the fact that WinRAR is still visible in your taskbar. You might be dragging-and-dropping the Loader.swf file from the WinRAR window into Flash Player. That will "work", in the sense that WinRAR will extract a temporary copy of the Loader.swf file and then open it in Flash Player. But there isn't a SDT.swf file within that temporary folder, so the game can't actually start.
  1. Ensure that you've extracted the files.
  2. Close WinRAR.
  3. Open Flash Player.
  4. Drag and drop Loader.swf onto the Flash Player window.
It worked! Thank god tech support exists, I thank you many times. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I will not disturb further, thank you and have good day/night!

FurryTr@sh

Potential Patron
How would you go about trying to load the loader in a browser anyway? Through the SWF Mod button in a browser version of the game? Because I know I tried that at least once, and it worked as well as expected (which is to say that it didn't), but the version of Loader I've been trying to get working the past couple of days is newly unpacked from the .ZIP folder it came in, and yet it isn't letting me upload backgrounds from my SDT Mods folder. When playing the game normally in a browser however, I'm able to upload backgrounds just fine, so...I don't really know what's going wrong here, but something is.

FurryTr@sh

Potential Patron
It worked! Thank god tech support exists, I thank you many times. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I will not disturb further, thank you and have good day/night!
What if you're using a Mac? I am, and I've gotten the loader working in standalone, and SDT opens up perfectly fine (I don't know how to do loader-y things with it though, but that's a me problem), and yet it doesn't let me upload backgrounds of any kind. Is this the same problem or have I royally screwed things up in a new way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.