1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Zako Stories - A Place for Screenshots]

Discussion in 'Zako' started by Idoro, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Idoro

Idoro Fully Functional Staff Member Moderator

Hey all. I've been into modding games like TES: Oblivion and Skyrim for quite some time now, and one of the features that always keeps me coming back is the variety of clothing and weapons that we can provide for our characters, which in turn makes them look however we want. Some people dress them up as anime or video game characters, characters in other mediums like books, movies, etc.

Of course, when I found out that I had an interest in zako, I of course thought of ways to implement it into the moded games I play like Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas. The only problem is that while it's easy to mod my own playable character in any way I desire, it's actually cumbersome to mod other NPC models, involving some very specific codework and use of the modding tools- a time investment I simply don't have.

So I thought to myself, why couldn't I have my character play the part of a random female merc zako who is up to no good? (and i always getting into sticky situations) The way the free camera mode works in Skyrim and FONV makes this possible to set up any scene to look like an action scene where a sexy zako soldier is gunned down. It also gives us a chance to provide a story with the images, for those of us who are inclined to do so.

Let's start things off by introducing one of my FONV characters, Mirevina.

[​IMG]
    Who is she exactly? Thats a good question. She tends to keep a low profile like most zako, not really divulging information about herself in a situation where she may be apprehended. She takes small jobs mostly as a lookout or a soldier. She also has very few morals, so no job is too dirty for her. It's not uncommon to see her working with thugs, thieves and other lowlifes that the Mojave wasteland is filled with.

[​IMG]
    Mirevina's pretty capable with a gun, but that's not saying much. Against a seasoned veteran NCR soldier, or a certain type of courier, she stands little chance. She only does what she does for the money, nothing more, nothing less.

She's managed to stay alive so far, but a new day presents new challenges for anyone trying to make a living in the Mojave. Not everyone makes it out alive... much less simple fodder-type mooks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    SCENARIO #1: Hunted by Nightkin
    "Hello...?"

[​IMG]
    She had heard gunshots and shouting from her post in the facility. When no one was answering her calls, Mirevina went down to investigate. What she found unnerved her... the bodies of her comrades and nightkin super mutants littered the ground.

[​IMG]
    A loud crash thundered through the halls where she stood. The nightkin were still around.. and they were slaughtering everyone who stood in their path. Mirevina quickly ducked down, her heart racing. She needed to get out of here.

After several hours of being attacked and chased, Mirevina was quickly running out of options. Limping down the halls, she could hear her tormentors gaining on her quickly...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Got.. to.. escape.." she mouthed breathlessly, every ounce of energy going into her battered legs. One of the nightkin had managed to get a hold of her and beat on her mercilessly. Luckily, she played dead long enough for the brute to believe that she was truly lifeless. But an error in her judgement caused her to stir before she was out of the nightkin's sight, and now she was being chased again.. and at quite the disadvantage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mirevina knew her chances of escape were slim. And yet, the farther along she got, the less she heard of her tormentor following her... did she actually manage to give him the drop? Perhaps he just gave up.

[​IMG]
    Finally, a lovely sight to behold. Freedom was just a few footsteps away. Whatever was beyond this door couldn't possibly be worse than being chased by that brute. Even though she couldn't hear anything behind her any longer, she couldn't chance the nightkin simply attempting to trick her into being at ease. She stepped through the doorway.

[​IMG]
    This new room was dark. Much too dark for Mirevina to see effectively. The device on her arm could emit a small light, however. The injured merc inched forward, turning on the device...

[​IMG]
    ..and was immediately met with a terrific explosion. Unfortunately, she had not turned her light on in time to see that this entire room was booby-trapped.

[​IMG]
    The explosion rocked her weakened body, instantly blowing off both of her legs. Luckily, Mirevina was spared the pain of having her legs blown off- the blast sent pieces of shrapnel shredding through her chest and neck, killing her instantly.

[​IMG]
    Her lifeless body rolled out onto the ground, and the light on her arm device ironically, blipped on finally.

[​IMG]
    The nightkin following her of course, knew about this room all along. That it was armed to the teeth with beartraps, mines, tripwires attached to shotguns...

[​IMG]
    She wasn't important enough to expend energy on recovering. She was after all, just one of many foolish intruders who had invaded upon the super mutants' territory.

[​IMG]
    And now she, like her other comrades, were just dead mooks. At the very least, perhaps their deaths could be what convinced others to not follow in her footsteps (Which would be especially hard to do without any legs.)

[​IMG]
    THE END
    Please let me know what you all think of this type of image-story set up! And feel free to share your own screenshot stories if you have any. I'll be posting more of these in the following weeks, so stay tuned.

2. Kargan3033

Kargan3033 Swell Supporter

Nicely done Idoro I like how you set up the story line and executed to the end and that was one fine looking gal, too bad she's worm food now but at lest on the bright side of things at lest she was not eat or raped by the super mutants.

3. dinomoneyman

dinomoneyman Avid Affiliate

Wow. Good idea. You should do more of these. :grin::grin::grin:

4. carl_fennin

carl_fennin Avid Affiliate

Thoughts on Mirevina and Images

I think Mirevina looks really good. You can't go wrong with blue haired women and with a body like hers in that attire? It's grade A material. The screen shots are nice as well. You captured the moments well enough at the right times telling the story of her failure. Unfortunately, being the extremely shallow and non-immersed person I am towards literature towards this kind of stuff (I'm fine with being immersed in other mediums; sexual based things tend to distract me), the, as an idiot would say, "pretty pictures" was enough to satisfy my own interest on this. I would say my favorites in this are the opening picture of her, the one picture where she has both of her legs blown off with the red hue, and the one picture of her laying on the ground defeated with her own leg underneath her and the underboob camera angle. Fun images all around, though. Really enjoyable.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Idoro. I do apologize that the story didn't really amplify it for me and only the pictures really captivating my interest thus missing out on 50% of the whole point of this. Because I'm an perverted idiot who mainly just likes to get to the visual aspect... I'm sure others will find the combination way more powerful than I could ever, though, which makes this a pretty great idea.

Idoro likes this.
  5. reddevil

reddevil Vivacious Visitor

Man I used to mod in the same way as weediscool mentioned and added like 20 zako girls to a skyrim field all dressed as ninjas and would just slaughter them all or assassinate them all. I can't wait for the FO 4 GECK. The game just has better graphics and character models than any other game before it. It's really superb

These were some images I snapped: Skyrim deaths

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Idoro and weediscool like this.
  6. Idoro

Idoro Fully Functional Staff Member Moderator

Weediscool, I feel your post is deserving of its own thread, really. The tutorial's easy to follow and would be a glorious tool for all of us to create our own zako.

7. weediscool

weediscool Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

Ah yeah, agreed on that, i'll make a new thread and repost these two posts, try and expand and provide support without cluttering this thread.

Edit: Should i delete these two posts in this thread?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  8. triet92

triet92 Vivacious Visitor

yes. or else you can just put the images in spoilers to make it shorter