Zako Animes (1 Viewer)

navelgirl

Potential Patron
I find it kind of amusing that when it comes to Ryona Animes Agent Aika is often named as an obvious example, even though one could argue it is more likely a Zako anime (assuming Zako is an official definition).

I'm wondering if people know of similar Animes with an obvious Zako theme? Things like Ikki Tousen probablly don't count seeing as they are more about fights between individuals instead of multitudes of sexy fodder.

saikogun

Potential Patron
Najica is a direct rip off of aika otherwise not too many animes with so much emphasis on how zakos get ryonaed..

ponyexpress

Potential Patron
Koryuu no mimi sounds like it has Zako content through portions of the series but it's so ancient (and bad?) that I can't find it anywhere.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Phantom of Inferno has Zahlenschwestern (Numbers Sisters). The elite henchwomen of the antagonist.
They are quite popular in the series's fans. Sadly I can't find their fight scenes.

cp090920-phantom25-b06-2.jpg
Vier.jpg Funf.jpg Sechs.jpg Sieben.jpg Acht.jpg Neun.jpg

saikogun

Potential Patron
Great examples of good zako ryona...there are a few more of these but anime now days are just not graphic enough

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Space Adventure Cobra: Seamen Zako (High Def, English captions)

Howdy all,

A post in another thread reminded me that I had a high-definition, English captioned version of the Space Adventure Cobra episode where the hero ruthlessly mows down a bunch of super-sexy zako called "Seamen" (I guess because they operate underwater...though I think "seawomen" or "seababes" would be more appropriate).

Anyway, I managed to find the file and I've edited it into four clips that show the zako scenes. I realize many of you have already seen this episode, but I think the English captions are not so common, so without further ado, here they are (let me know if the files don't work/broken links etc):
First clip: Cobra is attacked underwater by a bunch of zako and their giant robotic fish thingies...he escapes:
Space Adventure Cobra Seamen Zako 01.wmv
Second clip: Cobra is confronted by a female zako, they talk a bit, she tries to kill him but he turns the tables on her:
Space Adventure Cobra Seamen Zako 02.wmv
Third clip: Zako try to sneak up on Cobra, but he deals with them harshly (and very ruthlessly with one of them):
Space Adventure Cobra Seamen Zako 03.wmv
Fourth clip: Cobra assaults the underwater base of the main villain, eliminating any zako that get in his way:
Space Adventure Cobra Seamen Zako 04.wmv

Ok, so there are the clips...but I love snapshots because you can capture moments that are easily missed in a video, so here is my photo walkthrough of the zako moments in this episode:
First two clips: we catch our first sight of these lovely zako, and Cobra kills one of them with a whaling harpoon:
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 02.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 03.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 04.png

Third clip: three zako try to sneak up on Cobra, but he senses their presence. He kicks straight through a door into the stomach of the first one, sending her flying backwards with a stunned look on her face, before flopping face down. I love the expression on her face (very distressed) and the way her legs fly up as she is flipping back:

Space Adventure Cobra Zako 05.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 07.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 08.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 09.png

The second zako charges with a fierce look on her face, but her confidence turns to doubt as he easily catches her arm, then she gasps with pain as he rams his fist into her stomach. The force of his blow flips her through the air and causes her to slam onto her back, completely defeated:
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 10.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 11.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 12.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 13.png

The third zako gathers her courage and charges, but Cobra decides to be extra brutal to this one. He has a special lighter that can function as a flamethrower! He easily dodges her attack, then he casually sets her on fire and watches as she burns. She cover her face pitifully and staggers around before falling down. What gets me about this one is that Cobra could have easily knocked her unconscious as he did the other two (assuming his punches/kicks did not kill them), but instead chose to not only kill her but to kill her with fire! The guy is brutal!
Later on, the building the zako were in explodes, so we can assume that's the end of the two zako left unconscious inside.

Space Adventure Cobra Zako 14.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 15.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 16.png

Clip 4: Cobra launches an attack on the undersea base of the main villain of this episode. The zako do their best to defend their base, but Cobra outclasses them in every way and shows them no mercy. The zako have giant robotic fish that can either attack with their jaws or launch torpedoes. They launch torpedoes at Cobra's submarine, but he maneuvers so that the torpedoes go right towards the zako base. These three zako look cute in their pink uniforms as they watch Cobra's submarine approach (along with the torpedoes), and they seem unsure of what to do until the torpedoes are very close, at which point they desperately try to run away (hope they made it, lol):
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 19.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 20.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 23.png

Next several zako are ordered to attack Cobra's submarine with hand-held weapons. They bravely follow orders, but their weapons have no effect on his heavily armored vehicle, and he releases a substance that negates their ability to breathe underwater. The zako drop their weapons and clutch at their throats pitifully, then go limp:
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 26.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 29.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 30.png

Several zako are in a control room (looking nice in their tight pink uniforms, as always) watching the demise of their comrades. Suddenly a hatch in the floor begins to open. One of the zako goes to investigate, but she barely has time to show an expression of shock and fear before Cobra has leapt up from the hatch and blasted her:
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 31.png

The zako watching their defeated comrades on the screen turn in shock (the one on the far right in particular looks frightened). Seems like everyone in the third pic has their mouth wide open, from the defeated zako on the screen to the shocked zako in the foreground.
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 36.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 37.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 39.png

The scared zako on the right is the first to be blasted by Cobra, and her fear is replaced by shock and pain as his energy weapon goes right through her. The braver one on the left gets it next, and she has the same shocked expression on her face. As the one on the left falls backwards and the one on the right staggers and begins to fall (still with that shocked stare on her face), Cobra finally blasts the one in the middle, and she gets the same shocked expression on her face as her jaw drops even more than the other two. In the final pic, everyone again has their mouths very wide open.

Space Adventure Cobra Zako 43.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 44.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 45.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 47.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 50.png

Cobra blasts a few more zako, one of whom slides slowly and pitifully down a wall, while another clutches her stomach with a shocked expression, then collapses facedown with an even more shocked expression. Cobra fires three shots here and hits three zako...but notice the one on the left who slides down the wall...was she unarmed?
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 56.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 57.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 58.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 59.png

Now that Cobra is alone in the control room with a bunch of limp, defeated zako, he decides to tamper with the programming of the robotic fish, causing them to attack the base as well as the zako. (Wish we could get a better aftermath shot of all those defeated zako lying around).
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 60.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 61.png

As the robotic fish launch their torpedoes at the base, several unlucky zako are at the wrong place/wrong time. This one seems to realize something is wrong at her console, but before she can do anything she is hit by an explosion, and we see her look of terror as she goes flying back and finally her legs as water comes rushing in:
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 65.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 68.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 69.png

Remember the robotic fish have jaws as well! These two poor zako are in the water...the first barely has time to scream pitifully as a fish charges her! The second seems unsure of what to do...she swims a bit, then turns and sees something that seems to frighten her...suddenly she drops her weapon and tries desperately to turn and dive, but like the first, she can only scream pitifully as a fish grabs her torso in its mouth, with her legs dangling out:
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 71.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 74.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 76.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 77.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 78.png

Finally, perhaps my favorite zako moment in these clips. The door to the villain's room suddenly opens, revealing Cobra holding up a limp and motionless zako. She seems completely weak and helpless being held up by Cobra, and it's not clear if she is dead or merely unconscious, or why exactly Cobra is holding her. Cobra casually dumps her to the ground, letting her fall face first with a thud, as he relaxes against the door frame. Perhaps he will explain now why he was walking around with this defeated zako?

Space Adventure Cobra Zako 80.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 82.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 86.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 87.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 88.png

Well, he only explains a bit. He forced her to take him to the villain's lair, so apparently she was alive when he took her prisoner, and was alive at least until they came close to the villain's room. At that point, Cobra either killed her or knocked her out...given that he burned one alive earlier, and may have shot an unarmed one as well, it would not surprise me too much if he killed a zako prisoner. But why was he carrying her to the door? Perhaps he needed an eye scan or fingerprint to open it, and used hers?
In any case, it doesn't matter if he only knocked his prisoner out, because the entire base begins collapsing, and Cobra simply leaves the prisoner zako lying limp and helpless on the floor as he escapes!

Space Adventure Cobra Zako 89.png
In any case, I really like these zako (if you could not tell). They seem cocky and confident at first, but become very pitiful, weak, and distressed as the brutal hero mows through them. Not to mention, they are very sexy and feminine.
Here's a link to my mediafire folder that contains all this Cobra stuff: My Files
That's it for now. More to come.
- Kimblis

Attachments

• Space Adventure Cobra Zako 54.png
    Space Adventure Cobra Zako 54.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,092
Last edited by a moderator:

Tigey

Casual Client
Awesome post Kimblis. I really loved this episode - and it is great to see a High Definition version - the ones on youtube/elsewhere have all been pretty low res.

I love these 'Seaman' gals. They are all pretty athletic (love their hairdos and uniforms, which really accentuate their backsides:p) and competent looking - they have been given treatment to breath underwater through their hair, and look fairly well trained. They know how to use their gear and are pretty confident in their abilities at first. But despite the fact that are pretty professional, they are completely outmatched by Cobra and their efforts disintegrates pretty quickly. Although they look and act tough - they are incapable of putting up a meaningful resistance against Cobra - and quite a few of them look like they want to do nothing more than bolt and run!

It is because of this - how utterly outclassed (and at times terrified) they are, that I am actually surprised at how shockingly ruthless he is toward them. He is meticulous in ensuring all pay the ultimate price. I get the impression that these women were all pretty low level mooks - did the magnitude of their crimes truly warrant such brutal treatment? Of course, standards are different in Japan. Maybe the producers had a similar zako fetish?!?

Anyway, my favourite one was the Zako which opened the hatch - presumably to go to aid her sisters and let them escape from the submarine that was slaughtering them. But Cobra was lying in ambush... Her shock and fear as the gunarm appears is priceless - as are her poor reflexes and far too late attempt to draw her gun.

Did you make any screepcaps of that scene?

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
I love these 'Seaman' gals. They are all pretty athletic (love their hairdos and uniforms, which really accentuate their backsides:p) and competent looking - they have been given treatment to breath underwater through their hair, and look fairly well trained. They know how to use their gear and are pretty confident in their abilities at first. But despite the fact that are pretty professional, they are completely outmatched by Cobra and their efforts disintegrates pretty quickly. Although they look and act tough - they are incapable of putting up a meaningful resistance against Cobra - and quite a few of them look like they want to do nothing more than bolt and run!

It is because of this - how utterly outclassed (and at times terrified) they are, that I am actually surprised at how shockingly ruthless he is toward them. He is meticulous in ensuring all pay the ultimate price. I get the impression that these women were all pretty low level mooks - did the magnitude of their crimes truly warrant such brutal treatment? Of course, standards are different in Japan. Maybe the producers had a similar zako fetish?!?

Anyway, my favourite one was the Zako which opened the hatch - presumably to go to aid her sisters and let them escape from the submarine that was slaughtering them. But Cobra was lying in ambush... Her shock and fear as the gunarm appears is priceless - as are her poor reflexes and far too late attempt to draw her gun.

Did you make any screepcaps of that scene?

Your words describe my thoughts precisely Tigey! These "seaman" zako are very feminine and sexy with their cute pink uniforms. They are pretty competent and they try their best against Cobra, but he is superhuman compared to them...they hardly present any threat at all. Cobra could easily choose to be merciful on several occasions, and towards the end many of them seem so afraid of him they would likely surrender if he gave that option, or run away if he let them. But Cobra seems hellbent on killing every one he possibly can, often ruthlessly, even when they are no threat to him (like the ones who are eaten by the robotic fish), or even when they are his prisoner (like the one he uses to open the final door, and leaves lying helpless while the base collapses).

Looks like Secteur-X7 beat me to the vidcaps of the zako who opens the hatch (and thanks for those pics Secteur-X7), but here are a few of my own anyway. You're right, she does look very shocked and afraid when she sees Cobra's gunarm...and even more shocked when Cobra blasts her:
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 32.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 33.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 34.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako 35.png

Come to think of it, all of these "seamen" zako seem to have a similar expression when they are blasted by Cobra or are otherwise hurt, afraid, or in distress (eyes wide, mouth open). It makes me feel even more pity for them:
Space Adventure Cobra Zako Distress 01.png Space Adventure Cobra Zako Distress 02.png

There is some fanart online featuring these zako...some of it is pretty tame:
68180_Cobra_mermaid_dos_122_91lo zako by el huevo.jpg mnl space adventure cobra sac zako middle_1111917302.jpg

Some of it is more wtf:
Space Adventure Cobra Zako 479.jpg

Best,
- Kimblis

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.