1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenoverse 2 Announced!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Idoro, May 17, 2016.

1. Idoro

Idoro Fully Functional Staff Member Moderator Ryonani Teamster

Get hype.

Boundy22 likes this.
  2. Baku|Haku

Baku|Haku Casual Client

Now this looks like fun! I gotta see it.
    And this time i'll either have a PS4 or a good computer to play with you guys!

Idoro likes this.
  3. Sausage&Eggs

Sausage&Eggs Swell Supporter

I hope it is more balanced than the first one. Who do I kid? I'll buy it any way. :D

Idoro likes this.
  4. Idoro

They're apparently going to be making a lot of changes to the game due to customer feedback. So we'll see. Here's most of the information compiled for the game so far:

shinry likes this.
  5. shinry

shinry Potential Patron

looking foward to this game

6. nine

nine Ryonani Teamster

So has anyone tried it? I ve seen some video on youtube and it look nice ryona wise:

Sausage&Eggs likes this.
  7. Sausage&Eggs

I have played this significantly. If you have questions feel free to ask.

There is a character creator with female options for humans, saiyans and maijins. Each has universal and race specific costumes, some can be color changed. A lot of clothing is same as the stuff from the show and Xenoverse 1 frankly. Not as exciting as it seems.

When taken enough damage your character will have scuffs then bruises and eventually some blood splatters, not much beyond that I found (usually don't live long enough for it, maybe with healing item use).
    Each race has a different throw attack. I believe gender also changes throws, maybe humans/saiyans have same throws but split on gender not too sure.
    There are some melee "super" attacks which lock onto enemies for a bit when they get hit. Sometimes it zooms in such as the Super God Fist which is a pretty mean punch in the face. Same for Ultimate type attacks.
    Default fighting combos are pretty decent and changes based on race. Some combos with hard finishers that knockback, guard breaks and light/heavy attacks. Each attack feels nice and heavy with stronger feedback when the enemy has their guard broken.
    There is a grab super that drains the enemy's ki and stamina before hitting them away.
    I will say this, the game doesn't favor melee super/ultra attacks. It is difficult to get a full combo or good damage on them when the ai and other players can recover midway easily if they have the ki, this means you need to melee fight until you get an opportunity to guard crush them then go to town while they cannot dodge for a while. Quite annoying.

Female characters I've unlocked so far
    Videl / Saiyaman 2
    Android 18
    Pan
    Towa

I've seen some mods that have more characters such as Kiao of Time & Bulma in character selection screen. Not sure on state of it. Basic nude mods for avatars are available for humans and saiyans.

There are a lot of pre-made AI "Time Patrollers" you can use for single player stuff. If you are online you will see a lot of other player's characters you can hire as well.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  8. Sausage&Eggs

Writing that last post made me play the game some more and I took a few vids in training mode. They ended up being way too large for my pitiful upload so I took short gifs from the video instead.

Guard Crush
    [​IMG]

My little Saiyan bathing.
    [​IMG]

mega:///#F!zNMRhYAB!HYdb6zBdJUF4JXSD-jk_Ug
    Zip has all gifs. Folder has individual gifs.
    If you view the gif named beating and it doesn't finish with a face punch (also featured in separate gif) then it didn't finish loading. I notice this when trying to view the gif in Internet Explorer. Try a different program, Media Player Classic worked for me as did Fire Fox.

carl_fennin likes this.
  9. Idoro

I got some gifs to share as well, mostly just of my OC getting thrashed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Content-wise it's pretty much identical to the first game with some new techniques thrown in. Ryona-wise, it's still a great game with lots of opportunity.

Sausage&Eggs likes this.
  10. Sausage&Eggs

I still need to unlock that costume. :(

Edit. I also quite like the massive over head on your second gif. When fighting on land it pummels you into the ground and creates a small crater. :D

Idoro likes this.
  11. Sausage&Eggs

I reckon it'll be pretty cool if some one skilled at writing did some fan fiction and added little bits of gifs like the ones we did to it. Shame I can't write.

Idoro likes this.