Working Title: Project: DC (RPG Maker) (1 Viewer)

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
Hello everybody, I'm TheCardWielder, or CW for short.

For a while now I have had the idea for a hentai based game featuring a wide variety of female characters from multiple fictional dimensions. Until recently this was simply an idea, but I have now started to develop this game through the use of RPG Maker VX Ace.

The game is set on a strange new planet that has been modified to have an seemingly endless amount of mysterious dungeon. The one responsible for such a creation has also filled these dungeons with a strange and bizarre variety of monsters, all genetically modified to become sex crazed beasts. After this, the entity started to pluck females from their own dimension and transport them onto this Sex Planet.

Well, that's the story so far. From there is where the game starts basically, as the player takes control of a recent addition to this planet, Agent Symphony. The reason I thought I should have the player start as a character with no background at all was so that almost no-one would be annoyed that the starting character was not their personal favorite.

For now the plan is to create a first version of the game that has ten playable characters, of which the player can use up to four at a time when entering a dungeon, a variety of monsters, either as minions, mini-bosses or the boss of a dungeon, and at least one dungeon. Once I've completed this I plan on creating packs of characters and dungeons, which will contain about two to five characters in a character pack or an entire new dungeon with new monsters to face in a dungeon pack. These packs will be revealed and a poll will be created so that the community can decide which should be implemented next.

The current course of action is to get a playable demo out that showcases three of the characters available in the starting game, the game mechanics and the graphical look of the game.

I have already started a blog on the current development of this game which I periodically update, same as I'll do here. The link to my blog is here: CW's Private Development Blog

Well that's all for this introduction to both myself and my planned game. I do hope that you guys enjoy both myself and the games that I hope to make. Speak to all of you again next week! ​- CW

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
Hello everybody, CW here with today's update!

For the last week I have had a lot of time to work on Project: DC and as such I have a lot to talk about today, but first the problem I am experiencing with the development of the game.

The problem I have at the moment is that I will require graphics to use within the game for both the characters and the monsters. Because of this I have hit a sort of roadblock with the development as I cannot create these graphics until I have scanned them into the computer. Luckily, I have order a multipurpose printer/scanner for myself which should arrive sometime next week, however it may not arrive until the weekend. As such I may not have an update for you guys next week, but we'll see.

But enough about the problems, you guys most likely just want to know what I've done on the game so far. I have finished the moves for each of the demo characters, including any new states that a required for these moves. I have also finalized how certain things will work within the game, such as buying new items from the store and unlocking new characters. I will still be using gold in my game as a form of currency, but I will also have the gems that I mention in the previous update.

Gold will be used at the shop in game to purchase restoration items such as potions. It will also be used to purchase additional gems which the player will then be able to use to unlock new characters and special features within the game. The player will also be able to buy extra sets of clothes which can be used within a dungeon to prevent a character from being raped, at least until they are stripped again.

Gems will be used to unlock a variety of things, though for now only three types of gems are currently planned in the game, one for characters, another for special features and a third one for a currently unknown reason. The first two are dropped by most enemies encountered in the game, whereas the last one is only dropped by the bosses within dungeons.

I have also made it so that the each time the player enters a new dungeon floor it will be randomly generated. This makes it a bit easier for me as I don't have to worry about creating a lot of maps for each dungeon.

On another note, I have also planned to release packs for both characters and dungeons which will be chosen by you guys. What this means is that after I've released the first version of the game I will inform you guys about what packs are available for you guys to vote on and what is included in each pack. Once the poll for that set of packs is over, I will then take the winning pack and add it into the game and then update the download link with the new version of the game. After the new pack has been implemented completely I will then hold another poll which includes the packs that weren't chosen as well as one new one to fill in the empty slot.

Well that's all for now. If you guys want to start coming up with ideas for packs that I should create please let me know in the comments down below, a character pack will include from 2 to 5 characters whereas a dungeon pack would include a new dungeon as well as a variety of minion style monsters (max 5), a possible mini-boss or two and a final dungeon boss. Thank you guys for reading my blog, I do hope that I can release the game-play demo by the end of the month.
-CW

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
Hello everybody, CW here.

Sorry for the lack of an update last week, I was visiting the family and as such had lost access to my computer for a majority of the weekend. However, even though I missed the update, I did not miss out on picking up my new multi-purpose printer/scanner, which should allow me to work on the artwork of the game a bit more effectively.

Speaking of the artwork, I am currently debating if I should try drawing the sprites on paper and then touching them up on the computer, or if I should just try and draw each sprite from scratch on the computer. Because of this internal debate with myself, I have not made much progress on the game itself. Though what I have done is quite a bit substantial to the game, in my opinion anyway.

What I have done is created a treasure chest style object for my random dungeon's which has a chance of giving the player a variety of rewards. I did this as a way to reward the player for exploring a dungeon, instead of simply going from the start to the finish. Another thing that I've done is I've tweaked the stats of the demo characters, as well as create the stats and moves for the other characters planned in the base game.

I have also finished working on the system that I will be using to show the respective image for certain states. I have done it in such as way that I should easily be able to reuse the same script base for either new states or characters, by simply copying it and modifying it to reflect any necessary changes.

Well, I believe that's all for this update. Other than the fact that the name, Dimension Crawler, has been decided for the title of this game, based on a poll on my blog. I hope to speak to you guys again next week, hopefully with more of an update on the game.
- CW

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
Hello everybody, CW here again with another blog update.

Sorry for not uploading anything for a couple of weeks, I've been busy with other work for the last couple of weeks and as such have not been able to update either Dimension Crawler or my blog. But I've now been able to find time to work on Dimension Crawler and as such I have started the work on the character sprites.

I have chosen to draw stick version of the characters poses by hand and then scan them onto the computer. From there I trace around them and tweak them where necessary to make basic stick figures for me to then draw the actual sprites from.

So far I have drawn the stick sprites for Chun-Li, Black Widow and Jill Valentine's poses, but now I want to ask you guys a couple of questions:

First off, since I don't know if I'll put in alternate outfits for the characters, I don't know which outfit I should put onto each character by default. Now some characters are obvious, such as Chun-Li and Black Widow, as they are commonly seen it the outfit chosen. However, Jill is a character that changes outfit almost ever main series game she's in and as such I don't know which version of her I should use for her. I have already created the base stick pose for her, but I cannot decide on which outfit I should use for her.

So my question for you guys is which outfit you would like for me to use for Jill? I've already based her skill set on her move-set in Marvel vs Capcom 2 so I would like to not use her Resident Evil 5 catsuit outfit unless it's as an alternate outfit/skill set.

The second question is related to the first, it's about alternate outfits/skill sets. As most characters in my game have an alternate outfit, or a few, in their respective games, I was wondering if you guys wanted me to implement extra outfits in my game as a way of changing the stats of a character or possibly their skill set? Now some characters alternates will only modify stats by a small amount, such as Chun-Li, but others might change how the character is played completely, such as Jill Valentine.

Now, I'm sure you guys want to see the current form of the characters. There isn't currently much to look at since it's just stick versions of their idle poses, but here they are:

In order these are: Black Widow (Left), Chun-Li (Centre) and Jill Valentine (Right). Each of these sprites currently fits into a 48 X 48 square, so I'm hoping that once each character is fleshed out, that they won't be bigger than that.

Well that's all for this weeks update. I'm hoping to have completed at least one of the characters idle poses by then, but we'll see. Also, please don't forget to comment down below your answers to my earlier questions, I would greatly appreciate your opinions. Thanks in advance.

-CW

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
Hello everybody, CW here with this weeks update.

Specifically I thought I would focus on whom I thought would be the easiest to do first, Black Widow. After scaling up the original stick-man image I posted last week by 200%, I found it easier to draw the sprite from the ground up. As such I started at drawing her feet and then slowly made progress, until I made the final touches to her head. Now I'm quite pleased with how the end result came out, but obviously I would like your opinions as well, especially since this is the style of sprite I plan on using throughout the game:
The image shown above is scaled up from the original size, mainly so that you can see more of the details that I have put into the sprite. The size of the sprite is 33x63, so I'm hoping that I don't have to make any sprites bigger than 80x80. The reason for such an odd maximum size is because I know I will have characters that are taller than most of the human characters in the game, such as She-Hulk and most of the higher-level monsters I have planned for later in the game.

I was able to produce this sprite, from start to finish, in just over a week. If I was to calculate the time I was actually working on the sprite, then it would be about a day's worth of work. What this should mean is that I might be able to start uploading better updates later on that include the progress on the sprites. One thing I do have planned is that I will only reveal the 'idle' poses of the characters on the blog, that way all the other sprites will be a surprise until you play the game.

Well that's all for this week's update, though I'm sure a lot of you are happy to know that I have started to make quite substantial progress on the sprites for my game. Hopefully next week both Chun-Li and Jill Valentine will join Black Widow in the completed sprites, at least for their idle poses. I may also attempt to start drawing the sprites for the monsters featured in the demo.
- CW

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
Hello everybody, CW here again,
Sorry about not posting anything for a while, I recently had a close family member of mine pass away and as such I have not had much enthusiasm to work on my games or update my blog. As a warning ahead of time I will not be posting an update next week as that is when I will be attending the funeral.

Again I am very sorry about the lack of updates, I do hope that I will be able to find the same enthusiasm I had before to work on my games. Speak to you all again in a couple of weeks
-CW

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.