WIP mythcomplexity 3 (1 Viewer)

mythComplex

Potential Patron
Good day all,
I am putting up this thread firstly so that I can keep the momentum going and actually finish this project. Mythcomplexity 1 and 2 were trials and were very very poor and buggy. This time around I think I can make a better one. This game spans Cassie's 5 main story chapters. I have an overall plan of what this game would look like and have resumed building the engine from since beginning of this year...The game is a RPG but it only uses the mouse as the input device. A traditional RPG battle system applies.
Ask any questions you have also.

If anyone has ideas please feel free to make your input. Looking for content to put into the game.

checklist:

• movement (DONE)
    outfit change (DONE)
    boundaries and collision detection (DONE)
    Interaction and dialogue (DONE)
    scene changing (DONE)
    menus (in progress)
    player stats and variables (DONE)
    save data + load data
    Item screen
    shop screen
    equip screen
    stats screen
    skill trees
    level up and exp
    gallery

Battle Engine (in progress)
    create enemy and player stats(DONE)
    attack, defend, skill/magic, item, flee functionality
    enemy AI
    status effects
    magic/skill effects
    damage and status icons

List of monsters so far
fields
harpy
centaur
cyclops
orc

swamps
red slime
lamia
zombie

lake
water sprite

river
naga

ruins
Arachne
Minotaur
Medusa
gargoyle

forest
crocotta
satyr
werewolf
ogre

mountains
chimera
golem
basilisk

hell
Oni
succubus
Nightmare

NPCS
vampire

BOSSES
Elder Dragon
Aphrodite
Eris
Astaroth
Hydra
Phoenix
Cerberus
Asura

Last edited by a moderator:

mythComplex

Potential Patron
charactersheet_TEMPLATE.jpg
This is the base for displaying Cassie's armors. The armors will be drawn and colored on top of these two. Next armor will be the default clothes. Anyone willing to pitch an idea of what they would like

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Looking nice. :)

What "class" is she supposed to take toward? Easier to make clothing/armor suggestions knowing that.

That said, it's hard to go wrong with some tight pants/shorts with long boots. :D

How much visual feedback is there going to be during battle, particularly for status effects and the like?

EDIT: Did a sketch of a possibility..

charactersheet_TEMPLATE.jpg

Editedit: the boots should probably be a little bit longer, though. If not shorts, I'd even say extend the boots all the way up to where the bottom of the shorts are on that sketch. x.x

Last edited by a moderator:

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Gotta go with bikini armour at some point if you get the chance. Or Belly Dancer style mage armour XD

Yeah that's all I got :(

mythComplex

Potential Patron
251591.jpg

thanks for the ideas. will keep those in mind. for now here's an idea of her normal clothing. not armor really just some sort of covering. you can pitch ideas for clothing if you wish also. Later on I will post pictures for leather armor, steel armor, mage armor etc etc etc.

mythComplex

Potential Patron
ss1.png ss2.png
First Chapter in Mythcomplexity3. Everything drawn and animated by me...also mandatory advertisement

MYTHCOMPLEXITY 3
new game in progress, check it out at Cassie's Home

The game will be free but those who wish to contribute any amount can email me. For those that contribute amounts stated below will have a reward:

>$100 : Their OC as an NPC in game. Complete with avatar art I will email to you. 10/10 slots open.
>$200: Their OC as an NPC with a sidequest and HCG ending. Art will be emailed to you. 5/5 slots open.
>$300: Their OC as an enemy with HCG ending if win and lose. 3/3 slots open.
>$500: Their OC as a party member. complete with side quest to obtain them and HCG for monsters of your choosing. 3/6 slots open.

email me at:
aacommission@gmail.com

also

crowdfunding for Swegabe's Legend of Queen Opala-Origins game! help out here!

Legend of Queen Opala - Origin - offbeatr

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.