Who wants to get in on this? (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I'm going to buy a one year license for Hero Engine just to try it out. It's a game engine mainly designed for developing MMO's but can be used for single player games as well (although the client does need to be able to go online). If you're interested in trying it out with me, shoot me a PM.

Just to be clear, I'm not asking you to split the cost with me or anything. Hero Engine has built in features for collaborating with a team of developers so they can work simultaneously on the same project. I want to try this out for personal reasons and I'm offering you a chance to try it for free.

Some info from their page if you want to read up on it:
[h=3]KEY RESOURCES WHILE YOU WAIT FOR YOUR HEROCLOUD WORLD[/h] We are excited to welcome you to our HeroCloud community! You are joining a growing community of thousands of developers who have trusted HeroCloud with creating their online game.
While you wait for your HeroCloud world to be spun up, here are some key resources to help you get up to speed faster and be more productive when using HeroEngine.
[h=3]TOP 3 STUMBLING BLOCKS[/h] Read this blog post with a primer on the top 3 stumbling blocks developers face when first using HeroEngine.
[h=3]HEROENGINE WIKI[/h] Our wiki is one of the best documented in the industry. we take pride in constantly updating the wiki. Our proprietary HeroEngine script is similar to JavaScript or Action Script, but still has nuances that can take time to learn. Find example code and general scripting tips in our wiki. Visit the HeroEngine Wiki >>
[h=3]HEROENGINE FORUMS[/h] The HeroEngine Forums is our community site for concrete help and just general discussion. Browse through already existing forum threads or ask a new question by creating your own. We welcome beginners and experts to post and help each other out with HeroEngine. Our forums are also managed by HeroEngine engineers and staff. We also love hearing about project updates through our forums. Please keep us informed of your progress! Visit the HeroEngine Forums >>
[h=3]TUTORIALS[/h] Learning HeroEngine can take time. Check out our tutorials on YouTube. Visit the HeroEngine YouTube Channel >>

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I put in the order for the server today, they said it can take up to two business days for it to get setup.

Mardion

Potential Patron
I'd like to participate, but I don't know if I'll have the time in the coming months at least.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Me and Soviet (or Soviet and I if you're gonna be a dick :F) were messing around in Hero Engine last night. I think it's pretty sweet so far. It's not perfect, most notably some of the backend changes don't seem to synch right away but otherwise it's kind of like they took the concept of Minecraft/Terraria and applied it to world development, but took it a step further to allow game engine changes to be almost real time as well. I haven't touched the scripting part of it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Oof, just got it up and running and I need to figure out how to turn the settings way the hell down on it before I'll be able to really do anything... FPS is very low.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I think the 100 GB of space is if you buy their source code... right now my HeroEngine folder is only 68 MB. We're using the HeroCloud license so everything is stored "in the cloud" which is to say the whole work environment is hosted on a server cluster somewhere.

I don't think you can work on an entirely whole new project without buying another license, although you can work on your own maps and such.

Thinker

Potential Patron
Perhaps I missed some blogs somewhere, but what exactly are you working on? Whats the premise of the game?

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
This is for experimenting and deciding if I want to take the time to learn HeroEngine, and for others that want to to try it out. There's no current plan for a game right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.