x (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorhimayal

Potential Patron
Also, when i try to open downloads in internet explorer, like loader, a window flashes and disappears in IE. I'm fairly new at this, and i apologize, but this is really frustrating.

Zalord

Content Creator
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying your problem is, but I'll take a guess at what it is.

The loader isn't something you should be opening in-game. You should be opening the loader.swf directly. Do you have the entire folder that you downloaded for the loader? That entire folder is necessary. I'd recommend putting it somewhere where you can easily access it, like your Desktop.

As for your IE problem, are you using the IE browser to run the game? I'd recommend using the standalone Adobe Flash Player instead. It will launch and run much faster. I think this is the right download link: https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

If this doesn't answer your questions, can you be a bit more detailed about what your problem is? Maybe give a specific example of a file that isn't working?

Jorhimayal

Potential Patron
I am using the adobe flash player to run sdt, but when i open the loader, it opens up in adobe reader, and the message says, "Adobe Reader could not open 'Loader.swf' because it is either not a supported file type, or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded). "

I downloaded the whole thing again with win rar, extracted all the files into a folder, and opened loader by itself again in adobe reader. The same message popped up, so i tried opening with internet explorer, but then a window would flash, and a view downloads window for internet explorer popped up. It asked me if i would like to open or save the file, and i did both, but every time i did that, a window flashed and disappeared. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong. I might also add that im an idiot with computers, and im slowly learning, so have a little patience. Thanks for all your help. It is well appreciated.

aztlan

Casual Client
It sounds like somehow .swf has become associated with the Adobe Reader on your computer.

Right click on SDT or Loader.swf., click "Open with" then select "Abode Flash Player" (if you have down loaded the standalone) or your browser (to open in Firefox, etc.).

To permanently change what opens .swf files right click SDT.swf (or Loader.swf), "Open with", then "Choose default program", select "Adobe Flash Player" (or your browser) and make sure "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is checked.

Jorhimayal

Potential Patron
I have tried that also, but it also seems that Loader is ONLY able to associate with Adobe Reader or Internet Explorer. I've done what you said, but the only default programs available are adobe reader, and other programs such as notepad etc. Ive uninstalled adobe flashed and installed it all over again, but no dice. Now I've uninstalled reader too, and it seems that the only program that is able to be used with loader is Internet explorer. I have no idea why Adobe Flash doesnt even show up on the programs to be opened with loader.

aztlan

Casual Client
It doesn't until you select it.

Right click on SDT.swf > Open with > Choose default program > Browse (button near bottom right corner ) > Navigate to where you have your Adobe Flash Player Standalone and click it.

If you updated flash you might have to do this again for the new version.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
right click, open with, choose default program

if adobe flash player not in other or suggested programs, you will have to click 'browse' and find wherever you put your downloaded standalone flash player.

or, grab my loader pack for noobs which has flash player standalone included, along with relative shortcuts that work on windows machines. link somewhere in my signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.