What's the MAIN Character (for a game) ? (1 Viewer)

The perfect Main Character for a game should be:

• Total voters

NymphoKyun

Swell Supporter
Hello everyone, i am plotting some new games for future and would want to know the community's tastes for an H Game's protagonist.

Choose wisely ;]

Thnx to all for sharing their opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:

RGK4

Potential Patron
I'm fond of male protagonists as victims. It seems to be the least common among visual-based games (i.e. not graphic novels or text-based), at least from what I've seen.

It also satisfies my own tastes as being able to project myself onto a male character is easier, being male.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
I think a multiple-choice poll makes more sense. Most users here would enjoy properly a game with different kinds of MCs, not just one specific one.

organic

Potential Patron
I voted girl (violated), however I've been thinking how about an evil protagonist setting up traps to torture the girl/victim...

NymphoKyun

Swell Supporter
Someone92, hmm, i didn't thought of that. Actually i want to get some statistics on which should the protagonist be in my next h-games :3 , so the rules where chosen to be a bit more rigid.
For future it'll be nice to have such polls - gamedevs REALLY need this kind of stuff, these are their ears and eyes on the present tastes of the community.

organic, that's an interesting idea. I wonder, something close to 'Orks must Die!' or 'Neighbours from Hell' or maybe immobilizing her and then you appear and proceed to the rape scene? (You must hide from her, or defend from her ... actually, i'd go for the first ;p )

I'm all open for ideas, so don't hold back >.<

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
What I like is if a woman is turned into a futa and then fucked by another woman.
The sorceress from Kurovadis is a prime example of this, but many of ToffiSama's games also kinda fulfill this trope.

organic

Potential Patron
@NymphoKyun I am not sure about the two games you mentioned, however, here are some interesting ideas from dungeon keeper 2.... The victim walks into your lair, faces your minions,steps into your traps...... etc
DungeonKeeper2MistressvFairy2-1.jpg

NymphoKyun

Swell Supporter
@organic, yes, a tower defense game-type (which somehow pop's out for me as 'Orks must Die!') - should look nice as a h-game ;]

KuroiMiko

Potential Patron
One where the female protagonist has a choice of either being the aggressor or the victim in her relationship options depending on who she chooses to pursue...

NymphoKyun

Swell Supporter
KuroiMiko, interesting opinion, maybe that can even branch into aggresor/victim being influenced by your (girl's) current equipment or additional stats - to add some variation to the system.

KuroiMiko

Potential Patron
Indeed, I'll admit I generally think in terms of visual novel when I'm brainstorming - comes from being a prose writer - if you were doing something more RPG/Tower Defensy (looking at the previous posts, I'm actually getting visions of a kinky Orcs Must Die style game) style, then your character's outfit and accessories should certainly affect things...

As for the male or female protagonist, I am heavily biased, but it gets annoying for me to find interesting-looking game after interesting-looking game, only to find out that they all necessitate a penis-based protagonist slash hero.

Vallil

Swell Supporter
What I like is if a woman is turned into a futa and then fucked by another woman.
The sorceress from Kurovadis is a prime example of this, but many of ToffiSama's games also kinda fulfill this trope.
+1
I think a multiple-choice poll makes more sense. Most users here would enjoy properly a game with different kinds of MCs, not just one specific one.
+10 lol
As said, adding different options to the game which actually impact the gampelay is a nice way to make the game more immersive, interesting and fulfilling also adding the re-playability factor even if it's just to know how it would have ended from another perspective, simple linear storylines get old quickly. Don't get me wrong sometimes if the story is not well organized even the multi-ending option can turn to be bad
ie: selecting a M, F or Fu character could change the beginning, behavior of npcs towards you, skills/stats etc.
i know this adds a hell lot more of work to do but it would be a great addition; either way if it's a male, female or futa it's ok as long as the game is interesting :p

NymphoKyun

Swell Supporter
Vallil, I agree with your and Someone92's vision, however i wanted to know a top protagonist type for a solo game (i have some concepts in mind beside SB and Ely, yet they'll have to wait for now >.>). For now i'm betting more on an advanced gameplay with a strategical take. The story will be a bit twisted, yet it's kept in the shade for now ;3
As for adding more protagonists (male/female) at least for SB will mean a total different game (gameplay,story and of course h-anims). The best option would be to make a sequel rather then diving into hell (i don't swim well in hot places x_X ), although i come up with some solutions which might satisfy the players.

Anyhow, i'll keep in mind multi-protagonist option for future games ^.-

RifleRound

Potential Patron
how about:
No doubt, the majority like sub girls, but i think honestly:
WHY NOT let the player choose????
Just let him create a character.
thats the best for a game dev.

NymphoKyun

Swell Supporter
RifleRound, well, actually that's best for the player, and usually hell for dev (strongly depends on gameplay and anims).
Yet sure thing, if possible devs will go for this ;)

Vallil

Swell Supporter
yep, i already thought about the heavy-dev action needed for it as i mentioned so i made my vote still xD (even tho not nearly close to win) and as for what i see if you got that many projects in development maybe keeping it simple, just make sure the time you saved get to good use (i know it will) cheers

Atmey

Potential Patron
Lol, we have a clear winner, I was actually wondering what was the preference for the majority for a while.

+1

+10 lol
As said, adding different options to the game which actually impact the gampelay is a nice way to make the game more immersive, interesting and fulfilling also adding the re-playability factor even if it's just to know how it would have ended from another perspective, simple linear storylines get old quickly. Don't get me wrong sometimes if the story is not well organized even the multi-ending option can turn to be bad
ie: selecting a M, F or Fu character could change the beginning, behavior of npcs towards you, skills/stats etc.
i know this adds a hell lot more of work to do but it would be a great addition; either way if it's a male, female or futa it's ok as long as the game is interesting :p
I disagree with that, I think a well made plot specific for a certain role/gender is better than half baked events that suits everything. like in HS+ there are some scene that mistakingly assume you are a guy and CG shows you are a guy but you were actually a playing as a girl, same for futa, in some CGs it is diablared.

how about:
No doubt, the majority like sub girls, but i think honestly:
WHY NOT let the player choose????
Just let him create a character.
thats the best for a game dev.
I don't like sub out-of-the-box, but starting the game with her being determined (ref ?;) ), then OPTIONALLY walk the corruption path for multiple possible endings, one of the games that does it pretty good is Virgin Island. I also find harassment, soliciting, groping and embarrassment more realistic and hotter than straight up BAM your clothes are gone (which magically reappear later) and there is a dick inside you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.