1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What file constains custom characters saves?

Discussion in 'Help' started by WeeWillie, Feb 26, 2014.

1. WeeWillie

WeeWillie Casual Client Content Creator

I'm being really dense again. When you select Options -> Modding -> Save Character, where does that data get saved? It's obviously writing data to a file, but I can't find any files with recent time stamps when I perform that action. Where does it go?

On a similar vein, where does the last character, last dialog loaded, and camera settings get saved? For example, when I quite with a dialogue running, the next time I open SDT, that dialog will be run again. Where is that data stored?

Thank you.

2. sby

sby Club Regular Content Creator

macromedia application data folder

C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\someuniqueidhere\localhost
    (localhost will be if you are using the standalone flash player)

if you can't see the folders on windows, you should change some folder options to enable hidden folders

3. ModGuy

ModGuy Club Regular Content Creator

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9b90204-7d80.html

4. Nameless

Nameless Avid Affiliate Content Creator

Just of note, this file gets deleted when you clear your browser data. Be sure to make character list backups.

5. WeeWillie

WeeWillie Casual Client Content Creator

Sweet! Thank you guys for the info! A layer of mist has cleared.