WeeWillie Dialogues (Slave Bazaar Alpha 8.9 3/27/19) Added Sister (3 Viewers)

WeeWillie

Content Creator
Re: WeeWillie Dialogues

If people are going to play it, I'll try updating Trials of the Sorceress to use DA 2.0. It takes a little bit of editing, then testing. I'll try to get on it soon. It's so silent out there, I can never tell if people are playing dialogues or not, so putting upkeep into them could be wasted energy.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

I for one would be very interested in playing it - it seemed promising! I can't really be bothered to keep several installations of the loader with all the mods at different version combinations... I realize this is a hassle, and I find it problematic that it affects dialogue writers the most.

It would be great if dias were just "write and forget". Make that, "write, suffer the wrath of Pim if you failed to use The Checker, make lots of corrections, forget" if you launch it too soon ;) Still, I feel this backwards compatibility problem really needs fixing, what with Kona not being likely to come back and mods getting ever more advanced. Either that or we need to start bundling dialogues not only with charcodes and backgrounds, but with old but functional mod versions too (obviously not a good solution for making sure a dialogue will work 6 months after it's written).

Gonna make a post for this, so as not to highjack this thread with the discussion.

ZipMip

Potential Patron

Loved ToTS. Can't wait for more. Are there any other dialogues like these? Haven't found any.

blumisb

Potential Patron

THROAT_Sprout_A3:"THROAT_CHECK_*ME*_B*BackToBack*]" {"style":"thought"}

missing a [

Pim_gd

Content Creator

How did that happen? DialogueChecker is supposed to catch such things.
*runs DialogueChecker*
ah,...
yeah, that IS a pain to wade through.

Tell you what, I'll try to fix some of this tomorrow.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

blumisb said:
THROAT_Sprout_A3:"THROAT_CHECK_*ME*_B*BackToBack*]" {"style":"thought"}

missing a [

I'm more confused how that even got introduced. I didn't edit that part.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

Wow, just wow. This is the best dialogue I've ever played, and I'm not even through it all yet! I managed to get to the demon on my first play through, but the dia crashed when the nipple things were ripped. Not sure why and haven't looked at the code yet. Still though, by any normal standards, it's still amazing to have a flawless and naturally flowing dialogue continue that far without problems. I'm gonna try it again later and I'll report if the bug persists or if it doesn't.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor

Agreed Slinger... the mere concept of this is staggering.
I haven't dabbled much in using Loader dialogue/actions. I think around 1.06 I stopped. Perhaps its time really to upgrade my stuff.
Reading through it and the amount of code used to me is a bit overwhelming. Makes my dialogues look like crap really... This new concept could really make for some saga like dialogues that could actually make you forget it just a simple flash game. Top notch stuff WW! Youve been siged!

WeeWillie

Content Creator

Thank you very much Slingerbult and AaRL. Let me know if there is anything you'd like changed or added. I'm always looking for constructive criticism.

And Slingerbult, please let me know if you find anything about the crash when puling off the piercings. I've never seen a crash there for me. You still had three more girls to go, and the last two use a interrupt choice system that might bog things down. I'm curious what you think. I'm planning on switching them out to just a pull down, pull up system like Slave Trainer 2.0. It lets the player do actions quicker.

Right now I'm working on incorporating some animtools work into Slave Trainer, so if you have any thoughts on Slave Trainer, let me know! Thanks.

aztlan

Casual Client

Do you use DA's load new dialog function? I have wondered if this might be a route to making large complex dialogs more stable. It would reduce the number of lines that need to be loaded at any one time and keeping track of variables through the dialog. It would also allow you to pick up in the middle if the dialog crashes on you. Or so I suspect...

WeeWillie

Content Creator

I don't due to some values being used globally. I think there is now a way to store values globally with DA 2.0, so that may no longer be an excuse. I also wanted to reduce the chances of a bad install, and the more files there are, the more chances there are for something to go wrong. However, if the dialogues are indeed crashing, maybe dividing it up into smaller files would be the answer. I just find it hard to motivate myself to do work where there isn't any real perceived gain outside of potentially more stability, especially when I'm not even sure if people are playing it. For example, I'll probably never update Mistress' Playthings to DA 2.0 until somebody pipes up and says they actually want that.

Thank you for the suggestion!

f93

Casual Client

aztlan said:
I have wondered if this might be a route to making large complex dialogs more stable. It would reduce the number of lines that need to be loaded at any one time and keeping track of variables through the dialog.
We were going to make a campaign of dialogues for SDT at some point to exploit dialogue loading to have arbitrarily huge dialogues which pass variables between each other. Not much progress on it beyond what's in the linked thread.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

Oookay, I experienced the exact same crash again. I had the sound on this time and MAN it sounded freaky when the dia crashed (like a rapidly stuttering "oh"-sound continuing ad infinitum). I looked at the code and these seem to be the lines where things go wrong:

PULLED_UP_Plexia_R3:"[RELEASE][PULL_OFF]His hands on my nipple weights? What is he doing?[PULLED_UP_Plexia_R3_2]" {"style":"thought"}
PULLED_UP_Plexia_R3_2:"[HOLD][WINCE][SHOCK][GAG][AHEGAO_MOOD]OH FUCK! HE JUST TORE THEM OFF![WAKE_UP][WINCE] ...–ë–ë–ë–ë–ë–ë–ë[CLOSE_EYES][WINCE][MOAN]GOD THAT HURTS...[OPEN_EYES][orgasm_Plexia]" {"style":"thought","set":{"Request":0,"da.clothes.nipplePiercing.type":"None"}}

Some fun facts:
I pull up to rip the piercings as per Erika's recommendation and PULLED_UP_Plexia_R3 plays. I then release the mouse button, so as not to confuse any triggers needlessly. I then see the dialogue box but without any words in it, and I also see the nipple piercings disappear, so the da.clothes command seems to be working fine.

That's where things go wrong - the empty dia box sticks, as does the eerie stuttering sound, and the dia fails. I never see her "react" as per R3_2, nor any text from that dia line. So what's going on? Is it the "ë"s? Is it because I'm on OS X for some reason? Just too many triggers in one line? Beats me.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

I've added a new version of Slave Trainer, now with alternate sex positions!

This dialog has gotten extremely complex, and Dialogue Checker doesn't really work with Dialogue Actions 2.0 anymore, so I'm sure there are few bugs hidden within. Please let me know if anything breaks.

Let me know what you think, both good and bad. I hope you enjoy!

lohengramm

Potential Patron

How would I go about using my own girl for Slave Trainer? Would I just need to copy-paste the charcode into the dialogue and replace one of the girls?

WeeWillie

Content Creator

lohengramm said:
How would I go about using my own girl for Slave Trainer? Would I just need to copy-paste the charcode into the dialogue and replace one of the girls?

Yes, and either make sure she has one of the given names, or edit one of these lines to match her name.
PICK_Erika:"[start3]" {"style":"him","set":{"EMO":0, "PaceOut_E0":2, "PaceOut_E1":3, "PaceOut_E2":3, "PaceOut_E3":3}}

EMO is her starting emotion (0-start angry, 1-start scared, 2-start lothing, 3-start trained).
PaceOut_E* affects how long the girl will stay in a given mood. The larger the number, the longer she'll stay. If you make it larger than 3 and don't vary the activities when you play, she'll start repeating lines.

I tried making the dialog work for any girl, but had more than one issue related to it, so I just punted. If people want such a thing, I can try looking back into supporting an arbitrary girl at the start.

By the way, some hair style just don't work with the one bondage pose since her arms go over her head, and some hair has strange layering.

Good luck and let me know if you have any issues.

TechnoDemon

Potential Patron

WeeWillie said:
I've added a new version of Slave Trainer, now with alternate sex positions!
Let me know what you think, both good and bad. I hope you enjoy!

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work at all. It loads a background (sometimes, sometimes it doesn't) and SDchan, and that's all that happens. I took a quick peek at the txt files, so I tried pulling her up and down. Dialogue boxes appeared, but nothing showed in them.

Didn't copy the log, because I ragequit :P
I just upgraded everything, from my standalone (flash projector 12), to DA 2.04, re-installed Loader even. Tried it on standalone AND browser mode, same problem - no dialogue appearing, and nothing I do will change her appearance or actions or make dialogue appear.

While playing around with it earlier, I got tired of seeing nothing and manually loaded the slave trainer txt. That seemed to work okay - but I couldn't get her out of anal position. Manually loading dialogue.txt did nothing.

I'll mess with it tomorrow and post a log if you haven't figured it out by then - I have to go to bed now, work starts WAY too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.