Vindictus (2 Viewers)

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
And I finish downloading it just in time to be smack in the middle of a 5hr maintenance downtime. loooooooooooooooool.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I saw that.

Anyway, got in a little bit after the servers came back up (with the usual 40m delay to download patches on a fresh MMO install), and my first instinct: This game is friggin' beautiful. Even on very low settings (I'm a whore for FPS) it looks fantastic.

archangel

Ryonani Teamster
I still have it installed, and now that ive finished up most of my other games im building up the will to play it again

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
Have an account on this game, but it's yet another MMO, which makes it hard to want to play...

Especially when decent (whether impressive or attractive) looking armor is so difficult to acquire like in every such game. Don't get me wrong, controls make it fun to play and it looks beautiful, but I just don't feel I'm getting an equal amount of enjoyment out of it for the time I put in.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Hmm. Does the chain shot work in PvP? After seeing one of the gnoll bosses get his leg pulled out away from him by it, I wouldn't mind seeing that on one of the female characters...

HoLeeSmokes

Potential Patron
Hmm. Does the chain shot work in PvP? After seeing one of the gnoll bosses get his leg pulled out away from him by it, I wouldn't mind seeing that on one of the female characters...

Haha I wish...

*imagines Fiona wearing the miniskirt getting chainhooked by her hand and her legs, trying to wiggle herself out...given the breast physics in the game her boobs would be bouncing everywhere XD*

Hopefully the Succubus will get release soon...its kinda hot to watch her dominate the female characters in Vindictus. :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
Hopefully the Succubus will get release soon...its kinda hot to watch her dominate the female characters in Vindictus. :P

Following this, I looked up the succubus in this game, and wow, hottest creature...ever. And being an enemy, you can use the chains on her, right?

Gotta get to wherever this is in the game...

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, been playing this off and on lately... seriously looking forward to Karok on the 15th.

And that's a shame about the chains in PvP. Maybe on the doppelgangers in the labyrinth?

Ellina

Ryonani Teamster
sight...
i already red in some communities about vindictus (come out late 2010) so...
i don't trust em anymore-.-
there are other games like dungeon fighter. nexon again
not in eu~
so i tryed mabinogi but...strange gameplay..
could kill a wolf sometimes onehit
sometimes making just half damage, the wolf hits back, kills me in one hit =P
and u see everyone running around with better swords and nice clothes XD
and a horse u will never get without paying =P

tried divine souls but vindictus looks just more amazing...

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
Yea enter the game and the whole village is full with huge nasty looking giants wearing rocks... the fomors conquered the peaceful area :)

Ellina

Ryonani Teamster
now its finally out in eu too^^
but its starting from the beginning like every time and buggy
that sucks a bit-.-
no evie

ShokkedFuture

Potential Patron
For all europeans out there, who wanna play Vindictus, here are some good news:
Open Beta has been launched a few days ago, Lann, Fiona and Evie are allready avaiable.
The Avatar-Shop and stuffs like that are going to be released in the next days.

Vindictus Europe <-- here's the link to it.

Have fun, people.
Shokked

S

silverkiller

I was trying this out earlier today. As a game, I think it's a pretty refreshing take on MMO's. It's based on the Source engine (not sure if somebody already said that) and seems to be mostly instance based. The starting quest has you pretty much immediately stuck in an instance and I haven't seen any world PvE yet as of level 5. The graphics are actually pretty amazing for how big the game is. It was only about 1.8 GB to download. I was trying out FF14 and I honestly think the graphics are comparable. The character models, though limited, are very detailed. You can customize your character a little bit. A little more than you can on WoW but less than others like EQ2 or Champions Online. It looks like they'll be adding more customization once the game is out of beta, although considering the game is free to play, I'm sure they'll be selling such things. Armor looks great. Tons of doodads and scenery you can bust up and use for weapons. Gameplay so far is pretty hack and slash though, but it keeps it interesting by adding in throws and smash moves. I'm curious how this game is in a group setting. Animations are pretty fluid and your character interacts pretty well with the environment. For instance, if you do a throw near a wall, you'll throw them against the wall and shoulder bash them into it; throw near a bunch of broken crates and barrels, you'll do a kind of body slam into them.

So, this is a ryona board and I'm getting to that. :P

For an MMO, it already has some decent stuff. Pain animations and voices. Supposedly your armor can break but I haven't experienced that myself yet, except for my shield. I've done plenty of throws, but I haven't gotten any enemies to try and throw me. When you die, you can pan around your character laying on the ground with minimal distractions. I think there are maybe 3 pain animations based on the damage dealt. It doesn't seem like you can get permanently knocked to the ground while you're still alive. Haven't seen any holds yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I posted some keys and accounts you can use in the club house section if you're interested in trying it. I might make a video of this one. It's been a long time coming.
armor can break off (and on evie and fiona it's allways a nice event), and if you lose all life you will need to be resurected by other player...
i have a Lann level 40 and i never get grappled, but i got smashed around by traps
if you need help on dungeon, add Serorash (it's my char) and if i am online i can help
i'm waiting for the new class (karok) that can grapple boss... to use it on this boss...
[video=youtube_share;lDDTq7hSLm0]http://youtu.be/lDDTq7hSLm0[/video]

M

Michael Allen

Hi, I was trying to download Vindictusworld Private server but couldn't. Can anyone share the file with me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.