v1.21.1b Installed several virus. (1 Viewer)

Jesschester

Potential Patron
I downloaded the 1.21.1b.exe from the 3rd link in the v1.21.1b thread here http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3589.0 After opening and installing. It installs about 20 different programs, then erases all my chrome bookmarks passwords etc. I can't open internet explorer, or use the Windows 10 start search bar. It deleted the registry to all my pictures so I have to open them manually in a different program. I have it mostly under control now, but I will most likely have to wipe my computer and reinstall everything. Anyone else have an issue like this?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Don't trust the big green button on solidfiles

Don_t_Trust_The_Green_Button.png

You don't need to "install" anything for the sdt game : if you get a .exe file -> you're wrong.

I hope you have a restauration point for your computer because what you describe it's a fucking mess (not very dangerous but really anoying to fix)

Jesschester

Potential Patron
Yeah more annoying than anything, it was more of I'm an idiot at 2 AM, and I had restore points set up but when I upgraded to Windows 10 it didn't automatically carry them over. I assumed they would set them up again but nope. Ill figure it out I just wanted to warn people in case the link had been hacked or something.

Jesschester

Potential Patron
Can anyone recommend a good ani-virus/malware/registry fix/spyware etc etc programs. Short of completely reinstalling windows, which I really don't want to do, I'm just grabbing around in the dark at the moment.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Free version of https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Anti malware will probably identify all malware but the dirty solidfiles.exe may have also program some scheduled tasks.

Faceless

Content Creator
It's best to scan with multiple programs to be thorough. In addition to MalwareBytes, I've used ComboFix and Junkware Removal Tool in the past.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Can something be done about this? It's not the first time something like this has happened. I feel really bad that this happens to people. That big green button is super effective even though it may be easy for some of us to 'Just Know', the consequences of getting it wrong once are devastating. Maybe a "You are leaving this site" gate with special mentions to .exe files and solidfiles . com?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Faceless said:
It's best to scan with multiple programs to be thorough. In addition to MalwareBytes, I've used ComboFix and Junkware Removal Tool in the past.
been using malwarebytes for years, never heard of the other 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.