Ursula from Dinosaur King (1 Viewer)

deviousindividual2

Potential Patron
please i beg of the gods of superdeepthroat please make a hair for Ursula from "Dinosaur King" please please

[attachthumb=4][attachthumb=3][attachthumb=2][attachthumb=1]

Attachments

• Ursula%20Dino%20Rey.jpg
    Ursula%20Dino%20Rey.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 793
  • 31190992_jpeg_preview_large.jpg
    31190992_jpeg_preview_large.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 284D4799F67FF5D4EC1D76_Large.jpg
    284D4799F67FF5D4EC1D76_Large.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 405
  • 67319.jpg
    67319.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 456

Renegade

Potential Patron
deviousindividual2 said:
those where the only images i could find of her i'm sorry if i'm bad at posting i'm very new to this site

Try taking screen shots from the anime. Works well for me when I can't find decent profile shots.

I did some digging and your right, super hard finding any decent shots:

[attachthumb=1] [attachthumb=2]

These were the only decent shots I could find, worst part is they're tiny, don't know if they'll help but I tried.

Attachments

• Ursula.jpg
    Ursula.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 463
  • Ursula-dinosaur-king.jpg
    Ursula-dinosaur-king.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 484

deviousindividual2

Potential Patron
I found a few from side angles its goes by very quick an yes i did the screen shots off of youtube videos i don't know any other place she is drawn or animated she is under rated next to that cute redhead and older blonde dr lady but i think there all beautiful [attachthumb=1][attachthumb=2][attachthumb=3]

Attachments

• Ursala aka usarapa.png
    Ursala aka usarapa.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 886

Renegade

Potential Patron
Yep, when in doubt take a screen shot :D. Hopefully someone will get to it eventually. There are a lot of busy artists here, so make sure to be patient.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may get my tablet out and give this a try, assuming no one else does it by then.

Keep in mind, my skills are far less than that of our artists, I haven't had the patience to actually learn much about drawing with photoshop.

EDIT: I have a small amount of time tomorrow morning, and I intend on finally finishing DNF, and then I will attempt once more to start on this... again, my skills are sub-par.

stuntcock

Content Creator
are you able to download it yet?
sorry im new here
No, the Ursula hairstyle was not completed. If you want it to be made, then take a look at the post made by D deviousindividual2 above. He had the right idea but his execution was sloppy. The images are badly compressed and he damaged several of them with unnecessary cropping.

Find a high-quality copy of the anime, watch it carefully, take screenshots when Ursula appears in profile, and then post the results here (as separate screencaps instead of one big collage). If that sounds like too much work, then you're not obligated to do it - but in general you shouldn't bump Request threads unless you're willing to help out. It's also acceptable to bump a Request thread if you're reporting something important, such as a broken hyperlink or a hidden malware installer.

You can find one other Dinosaur King hairstyle (for Zoe) in the archive.

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
Also sometime you can find good refs by googling rule 34 and character name or anime. Fan Art often has good refs.

Dankmemer69

Potential Patron
Also sometime you can find good refs by googling rule 34 and character name or anime. Fan Art often has good refs.
these are the few i could find ill try to find more if you need them.

Attachments

• 217655 - Dinosaur_King Ursula.jpg
    217655 - Dinosaur_King Ursula.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 217656 - Dinosaur_King Ursula.jpg
    217656 - Dinosaur_King Ursula.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 243
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 405
  • images (3).jpe
    images (3).jpe
    8.3 KB · Views: 181
  • x240-v-n.jpg
    x240-v-n.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 177

stuntcock

Content Creator
these are the few i could find ill try to find more if you need them.
You can sometimes find existing images on the internet (promotional artwork, fan art, imageboards, etc). However, you need to be very picky when doing this. You must ensure that the images satisfy the reference image standards.

The images posted above use JPEG compression (which is lossy), only one of them shows a side view, and none of them shows the complete hair (due to cropping).

If you're working with a series which is older, more obscure, less popular, etc... then the available images may be insufficient. Instead, it will be more effective to simply watch the anime and take screenshots when the girl appears in profile. You can then post the results here; a modder can trace them and create a SWF file.

stuntcock

Content Creator
<Ursula reference images>
Done.

I relied mainly on https://i.imgur.com/n2e24Pg.png, deviating slightly from the reference by skewing the sidelock counterclockwise towards the chin -- so that the hair would fully cover the ear. The initial trace exposed a small segment of earlobe, which looked ugly (because that area of the SDT girl's jawline is somewhat discolored) and didn't match the character's presentation (i.e. the reference images show that her ears tend to be covered by her hair).

If you switch to the pointy Elf ear then it will poke out through the hairstyle as one might expect. It's only the default human ears that are completely covered.

The hairstyle doesn't fit into the gameplay window under normal conditions. I've used sby's animtools mod to shift the camera around for the sake of screenshots. If you want to see the whole thing during gameplay then you'll probably need to use animtools. If you don't care about cropping then that's okay; you can just use the Ursula file as-is. The mod is a vanilla SWF import which does not require the Loader.

The hairsyle is simple (few strands) and shows a cartoon-y charm. It would have been fun to animate, but this is already a fairly obscure request and I'll feel guilty if I defer other projects in order to devote more time to this one.

In the future, please consider providing a vector trace when requesting a hairstyle. Doing so allows modders to focus their time on some of the more specialized tasks -- such as rigging, scripting, animation, and inter-mod compatibility. It also means that your request is much more likely to be fulfilled quickly. And - if modders remain stubbornly disinterested in your project - then you can run through a few tutorials, learn how to fit your SVG work onto the SDT template, and publish the PNG hairstyle import on your own.

In this case, starting from a vector trace would have freed up enough time to animate the hairstyle instead of just publishing the static version.

--------------​

Welp. We now have four hairstyles for <ursula>, none of which are related in any way. If we ever reach ten different characters on the same tag then I'll spend a few hours to disambiguate all of the existing name tags.

Dankmemer69

Potential Patron
Done.

I relied mainly on https://i.imgur.com/n2e24Pg.png, deviating slightly from the reference by skewing the sidelock counterclockwise towards the chin -- so that the hair would fully cover the ear. The initial trace exposed a small segment of earlobe, which looked ugly (because that area of the SDT girl's jawline is somewhat discolored) and didn't match the character's presentation (i.e. the reference images show that her ears tend to be covered by her hair).

If you switch to the pointy Elf ear then it will poke out through the hairstyle as one might expect. It's only the default human ears that are completely covered.

The hairstyle doesn't fit into the gameplay window under normal conditions. I've used sby's animtools mod to shift the camera around for the sake of screenshots. If you want to see the whole thing during gameplay then you'll probably need to use animtools. If you don't care about cropping then that's okay; you can just use the Ursula file as-is. The mod is a vanilla SWF import which does not require the Loader.

The hairsyle is simple (few strands) and shows a cartoon-y charm. It would have been fun to animate, but this is already a fairly obscure request and I'll feel guilty if I defer other projects in order to devote more time to this one.

In the future, please consider providing a vector trace when requesting a hairstyle. Doing so allows modders to focus their time on some of the more specialized tasks -- such as rigging, scripting, animation, and inter-mod compatibility. It also means that your request is much more likely to be fulfilled quickly. And - if modders remain stubbornly disinterested in your project - then you can run through a few tutorials, learn how to fit your SVG work onto the SDT template, and publish the PNG hairstyle import on your own.

In this case, starting from a vector trace would have freed up enough time to animate the hairstyle instead of just publishing the static version.

--------------​

Welp. We now have four hairstyles for <ursula>, none of which are related in any way. If we ever reach ten different characters on the same tag then I'll spend a few hours to disambiguate all of the existing name tags.

don't worry about it dude you have more big things to focus on. you do you man.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.