Uncharted 4 The Lost Legacy (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
l5kodenu3m4dg5zyeere.jpg

A New Standalone DLC announced for Uncharted 4 at PSX and it will feature Chloe as the Playable character and maybe along with Nadine

Here is the trailer for it and there some nice reverse bearhug in it

Last edited:

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Extremely happy they decided on Chloe for the DLC. I was getting worried they were going to go with Sam, but this is pretty much the perfect scenario.

Now I just hope that Nadine turns on you at some point and the two duke it out, lol.

But it's going to be cool to get a female lead in an Uncharted game. The enemies can pull off all types of melee stuff so that should be cool.

They said it's going to be longer than Left Behind, but shorter than UC4 (obviously). So hopefully it's not too short and we get a nice variety of scenes to play through.

kubi mage

Club Regular
I suppose it would be too much to hope for it to be like Infamous First Light where you don't need the main game to play it, but somehow I doubt that will be the case.

Oh well I guess I'll have to buy UC4 after all. I was really disappointed with the main game and the multiplayer, but this is definitely something.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I suppose it would be too much to hope for it to be like Infamous First Light where you don't need the main game to play it, but somehow I doubt that will be the case.

Oh well I guess I'll have to buy UC4 after all. I was really disappointed with the main game and the multiplayer, but this is definitely something.

I have good news for you :) , The DLC is a standalone one either Retail or Digital

I want to ask a question as I didn't play the original game as I didn't have a PS4 , My Question is was there any possible ryona in it in hope that it got carried to the DLC ? The traielr for the DLC has a Reverse Bearhug but I doubt it was a gameplay moment and looked more to be a Cutscene

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Do you mean the type of things that can happen to Nate in UC4? The melee combat from UC4 was pretty cinematic, but playable at the same time. Not to mention the boss fights vs Nadine and Rafe were pretty brutal, though I am not sure what the fail states look like since I never failed them when I played. That will change for the DLC, lol.

But yeah, all of the deaths that I had during the single player were due to ranged combat. But if you let enemies get close to you I am pretty sure they can use all sorts of different melee moves on you.

As far as the final combat scene from the DLC trailer we just saw, I am almost positive that was playable, at least for the most part. Here is an example of a fight scene from UC4:

You can see all the different grapple animations the enemies can use. It's pretty cool, though there was no button to block which got kind of annoying.

But anyway, I wonder what the chances are of having any female baddies to fight against? I am hoping the enemy force isn't comprised of 100% male mooks as they are in every other UC game. But so far from the trailer it looks like that may be the case. That shit pisses me off, lol.

kubi mage

Club Regular
Less than a month from release so they released some new gameplay.

Chloe loses some health in this one so we can see the dying effect is still the old black & white effect. Sad but not unexpected. What I do like is that it seems Chloe inherited Nate's bad luck with crumbling footholds so she'll probably bump her big rump more than a few times.

Still no female enemies in sight but who knows.... according to recent interviews this is going to be pretty long - some say almost as long as the main campaign - so maybe there's room for new variety in the encounters. Hopefully the camera mode is still there to capture some nice multi-angle screenshots.

giugo

Swell Supporter
Really hope Chloe is beaten up badly in some cutscene, can't wait to see the potential of this DLC!

kubi mage

Club Regular
I liked it. Not sure how much else I can say without giving the whole story away, so I'll just make general points.

Chloe looks great in the UC4 engine (especially her hair - when she dies you can see her face going to sleep and her hair brushes against it subtly, it's very sexy). Ragdolling is decent, usually it looks pretty natural but there will always be times when it doesn't.
Photo mode is still there. Can't control the camera post-death but you can still do some stuff like get rid of the black & white screen effect, zoom in a bit with fov, and change the lighting (among other things) so it's not all bad.
There are some nice grabs and cinematic moments. Chloe does get very beaten up at times (as does Nadine on occasion), and it shows on her model over time.

I think my only real problem with it is the AI is really hard to get to do what you want it to do. Oh and no female enemies unfortunately, but I guess that was too much to hope for. Overall I think it's one of the better games to come out recently.

integfred

Potential Patron
I liked it. Not sure how much else I can say without giving the whole story away, so I'll just make general points.

Chloe looks great in the UC4 engine (especially her hair - when she dies you can see her face going to sleep and her hair brushes against it subtly, it's very sexy). Ragdolling is decent, usually it looks pretty natural but there will always be times when it doesn't.
Photo mode is still there. Can't control the camera post-death but you can still do some stuff like get rid of the black & white screen effect, zoom in a bit with fov, and change the lighting (among other things) so it's not all bad.
There are some nice grabs and cinematic moments. Chloe does get very beaten up at times (as does Nadine on occasion), and it shows on her model over time.

I think my only real problem with it is the AI is really hard to get to do what you want it to do. Oh and no female enemies unfortunately, but I guess that was too much to hope for. Overall I think it's one of the better games to come out recently.

Thanks, I noticed in the rooftop battle she gets grabbed from behind and punched before Nadine jumps in, if you dont push triangle will she just get beaten and defeated? Same with the final boss choke too as well as any button mashers to get out of grabs

kubi mage

Club Regular
That grab on the roof is scripted, but it can actually happen any time against unarmed enemies. Unfortunately like I said the AI doesn't do what you want. They do it once, and then no matter how many times you restart the checkpoint it never happens again. Same goes for the other throws as well (there's an armbar, a bearhug takedown from the front, probably more but getting them to do anything is just ugh)

integfred

Potential Patron
That grab on the roof is scripted, but it can actually happen any time against unarmed enemies. Unfortunately like I said the AI doesn't do what you want. They do it once, and then no matter how many times you restart the checkpoint it never happens again. Same goes for the other throws as well (there's an armbar, a bearhug takedown from the front, probably more but getting them to do anything is just ugh)
Oh nice, if you don't tap triangle, do you remain in the grabs and holds ? Or does it automatically let you go

kubi mage

Club Regular
Well it depends on where you are. If Nadine is around then she'll break it up whether you escape or not. If she's not then yeah you stay in the hold until you mash triangle. Also if there's only one enemy around and he does the grab then you can stay in it forever by not pressing triangle, since it doesn't seem to kill Chloe.

integfred

Potential Patron
Well it depends on where you are. If Nadine is around then she'll break it up whether you escape or not. If she's not then yeah you stay in the hold until you mash triangle. Also if there's only one enemy around and he does the grab then you can stay in it forever by not pressing triangle, since it doesn't seem to kill Chloe.
Nice! Sounds like a pain to setup but if executed the ryona sounds pretty good. Any chance for a video?

carl_fennin

Swell Supporter
Thanks for sharing that. Some good ragdoll in that video. I wish the fade to black wasn't so quick with some of the moments. That tree launch at 6:15 was great (to me). Shame that the drowning isn't more animated. Good launch at 9:23, too. A lot of good ragdolling and launches during the train chase, too. I sort of wish there were more moments where Nadine gets defeated. Otherwise, pretty solid compilation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.