Trouble With Dialogues (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Lady_MC24
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lady_MC24

((Oooops...so I just realized I should of put this in the Help section...<.<; New here! QQ If a mod/admin could fix that up for me, thank you and sorry!))

So I had been lurking around on here for some time and I've been figuring things out pretty well with all the modding and stuff and characters.

I seem to be having the worst time getting Dialogues to work at all :(

If anyone could possibly point me in the right direction in figuring out how to upload BOTH: normal dialogues and even better the audio ones too (I've got some downloaded), would be fantastic.

I've been trying for a while now with now luck...so any help for this newbie is a big help.

Thank you in advance!

f93

Casual Client
It would be helpful if you said what problems you were having, so here are some answers to common ones:
1) No dialogue plays at all, not even the default one. - Be sure to enable Dialogue in the Options tab of the in-game menu. If the box is blank white, no dialogue will play at all. If it's filled in, the default one will play, unless you have another dialogue loaded.

2) I don't know how to get dialogues. - Just download the txt file of a dialogue, or the SWF file for an audio dialogue. There are some audio dialogues in the Archive. If you have a zip file filled with MP3s, it won't work as a dialogue - those were used in the making of the SWF files for those audio dialogues, but they won't work in-game.

3) I don't know how to use a dialogue I downloaded. - If it's a txt file (ie it's not from the Audio Dialogues board), you can select it in the Modding tab. Under Custom Dialogue, click Load and navigate to the dialogue file you wish to use.
If it's an SWF file, it's an audio dialogue. You need to load these as an SWF Mod in the same menu (it's the top button on the left).

4) The dialogue I'm using won't change positions/change clothes/do certain actions that it looks like it should. - Some dialogues require the DialogueActions or Animtools mods to work. These will usually be labelled as such in the threads they are posted in.

If your problem isn't one of these, please tell us what it actually is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.