Tricks and Tips: (1 Viewer)

Illusion-XIII

Potential Patron
I've modified this topic because it actually makes sense to have a topic for anyone to post any clever tricks, effects, or workarounds that they come up with to spice up the dialogue. Plus, this would be a good place to inquire for tips on achieving certain goals.

So here's a trick for if you want to add some actual dialogue into your dialogue, instead of just the girl monologing. It's actually not that difficult.

All you need to do is use the URL encoded line feed character: %0A
Use that to break up lines, so if you want to start things off with a bit of chitchat:

Code:
intro:"*YOU*: Are you ready, baby?%0A*ME*: Mmmm, *YOUR* cock is so big and hard today!  I can't wait!"

...will display as:
Illusion: Are you ready, baby?
Mari: Mmmm, Illusion's cock is so big and hard today! I can't wait!

Simple as that. You can use it for any entry, so if you want the man to be a bit polite, you could go with something like:

Code:
first_throat:"*YOU*: Are you okay*, ME*?  Are you sure you can handle it?%0A*ME*: It hurts my throat a little, but I'm willing to keep going, for you..."

And then when she starts to gag, you will see:

Illusion: Are you okay, Mari? Are you sure you can handle it?
Mari: It hurts my throat a little, but I'm willing to keep going, for you...

Or you could just as easily go in the opposite direction (both in tone and in dialogue order):

Code:
pull_off:"*ME*: Stop!  Wait!  I can't breathe!%0A*YOU*: Don't you fight me, or you'll really find out how it feels to get choked."

And then when she tries to fight for her breath, you will see:

Mari: Stop! Wait! I can't breathe!
Illusion: Don't you fight me, or you'll really find out how it feels to get choked.

...and so forth. One caveat, though. The dialogue parser doesn't know one role from the other in this situation, so if she's coughing during the "male" part of the dialogue, the coughs will appear in his words. Similarly, if you pull her back on and interrupt the sequence during one of his lines, he will get stopped with an "-mmph" or whatever. But as long as you can tolerate that, this gives you quite a bit of flexibility to create some responses and make the male participant an active part of the dialogue.

I hope this gives you guys lots of ideas. Have a blast (pun fully intended).

ramius

Potential Patron
Re: Monologue? No... Dialogue

Wow, thought this would get more replies, it's a great addition. Thanks for the work anyway

funfriend

Content Creator
Re: Monologue? No... Dialogue

Sounds like a cool feature. I hope someone posts a dialogue.txt using it, even if it's just a stripped down demo.

Illusion-XIII

Potential Patron
Here's a question to y'all out there. Does anyone know if there's a way to set a default for the *ME* variable? Because as far as I can tell, *ME* pulls the name that the character was saved under. The problem is, if I change something mid-scene (like arm position), it now considers that a "Custom" character, and the dialogue loses the value for *ME* (and frankly, sometimes *ME* isn't working even when I can see the characters name under "Her" on the Scene tab). Does anyone know if there's a way to set a default *ME* within the dialogue file, or is this something I should be posting on Konashion's blog as a request for the next version?

TorqueAOD

Potential Patron
Great Idea, the dialogue works perfectly. But we need to wait for Konashion to make an update supporting this. It shows the different names easily, but like you said, the girl's coughs and interruptions shows for both people. When the game supports this dialogue (Maybe soon if we are lucky) The update can have The guy's dialogue show up anytime, certain lines at certain scenes, and the girl's dialogue only comes when her mouth is free.

People are going to use this, I know. I've been testing this out. But until, the game works with it, it won't be posted as often as it should.

Illusion-XIII said:
Here's a question to y'all out there. Does anyone know if there's a way to set a default for the *ME* variable? Because as far as I can tell, *ME* pulls the name that the character was saved under. The problem is, if I change something mid-scene (like arm position), it now considers that a "Custom" character, and the dialogue loses the value for *ME* (and frankly, sometimes *ME* isn't working even when I can see the characters name under "Her" on the Scene tab). Does anyone know if there's a way to set a default *ME* within the dialogue file, or is this something I should be posting on Konashion's blog as a request for the next version?

http://konashion.blogspot.com/p/modding.html

Check it out, full dialogue details and everything.

mikael2197

Potential Patron
I've done a little experimenting with it this little technique, but so far don't have anything worth posting up here.

I'm going to also keep experimenting with this, and hopefully have some interesting character-specific dialogues as soon as I get the time to sit down and work on them.

@Torque: It would still need a bit more work to have things functioning as two seperate dialogues (male and female) though I think it would be a possibility in the near future with it already supporting the girl's monologue, creating a seperate monologue for the guy wouldn't be too difficult.

S

Some Dumb Guy

Didn't know this until now (thanx!), I'll try to implement it on my customised dialogues. Could be pretty funny to mess with, I think!

Arty Morty

Potential Patron
Nice work, illusion XIII! I might have an idea...There is room for only two lines at the bottom of the screen, right? Ok, so one could make the upper line his, and the lower one hers, using your system. Write a line for her, place a %0A in front and voila! And when he speaks, leave the lower line empty. The only problem would be with long sentences...Until the matter of separate monologues is solved, this could be a solution I hope isn't to lame...tell me what you think

Morgodin

Potential Patron
Didn't know that trick. I would test it.

I would give you another "trick", even it's already in the konashion dialogue mod tutorial, you can use the function finish in more ways than only numerically statment

restart:"*FINISHES*"
finish1:"So, you still want more?"
finish2:"Still hard? Amazing"
finishOther:"Are you insane?"

With these, we will have a different dialogue in every restart event, with a unique dialogue instead of the "once" "twice" blah blah.

Using this, forces you to make 11 finishers (1-10 and Other), since if you don't modify each one, it will go for default.
So, using the example, in the 9 time, we will get the dialogue "nine" if you don't modify each finisher

finishOther is anything above 10 times.

Also, there is a finish0, since you can also make a dialogue entry for the first blowjob that still haven't ended

general:"Do you like my technique? , *FINISHES*

finish0:"it's my first time sucking a man's dick..."
finishOther:"Now I think I'm a pro"

Arty Morty

Potential Patron
Thanks, Morgodin!

Unfortunately, I am too much of a newbee to get it. Every time I try to use lines like "finish01" or FINISHES I end up with nothing...I'm sure I haven't fully understood the use of those lines (and special words), let alone their potential, which I now see you are quite aware of. Needless to say I would be thankful if you or anyone else for that matter could explain the use of special words to me, possibly by examples. Thanks anyway.

On the other hand, I was wondering...is it possible to add new/custom dialogue types? For example, I know what first_throat is triggered by, but can I type something like every_throat or every_dp? First_throat is cool, but it only happens once, and i would like to see dialogue solutions for each time i slam it down her throat. Some other ideas come to mind, too.

Morgodin

Potential Patron
Np Arty. Maybe my english is not good enough, or I haven't explained myself in a good way or maybe there is a problem without not deleting first the default lines. I always delete the default, cause I translate to my language the dialogues. You could delete the content of any function this way:

DEFAULT:
all:"CLEAR"

That's for deleting all. If you want to delete something specific, then you could go like these:

DEFAULT:
restart:"CLEAR"

Next, any line you add should be inside the section of CUSTOM, so

CUSTOM:
intro:"You are going to enjoy this"
//More lines of code you want to add

DEFAULT:
all:"CLEAR"

Don't know why, but I see other uploaders delete every line code without using all:"CLEAR", cause it works fine for me and less lines of code is always better 8)

Okay, now, knowing that, let's go back to the question of Arty Morty

The special word finishX only changes the word once, twice, three, etc.
They won't go out in any dialogue if you don't call them. That is done with the *FINISHES* word

Example in default dialogue:

CODE

restart:"Isn't *FINISHES* enough?!"

When the guy has come once, and go for more blowjobs, restart will trigger, and since we haven't changed the finishX words, we will get at the first time this:

"Isn't once enough?!"

Okay, now we will modify the dialogue. We are going to make lines for a prostitute

CODE:

DEFAULT:
restart:"CLEAR"

CUSTOM:

restart:"Want more?*FINISHES*"
finish1:" That will be 15 bucks more"
finish2:" That will be 30 bucks more, PAY ME NOW!"
finish2:" ...bah! This one goes free"

Now we have a dialogue with only one sentence, so always that a restart event trigger we should get the restart line we have put it on.

In the first 3 restart event we will get these lines of dialogue:

"Want more? That will be 15 bucks more"
"Want more? That will be 30 bucks more, PAY ME NOW!"
"Want more? That will be... bah! This one goes free"

I hope that now is more understandable

Almot forgot!
Arty Morty said:
On the other hand, I was wondering...is it possible to add new/custom dialogue types? For example, I know what first_throat is triggered by, but can I type something like every_throat or every_dp? First_throat is cool, but it only happens once, and i would like to see dialogue solutions for each time i slam it down her throat. Some other ideas come to mind, too.

Arty, at least for my knowledge, there is no way to add new custom dialogue types. Maybe you should suggest this in the suggestion forum. Anyway, I have been testing it out, and as you say, first_throat and first_dt only work once... sometimes the dialogue goes twice, but just in the moment of the first event. I suggest you play a bit with held and vigorous functions. Not what you have asked, but at least you could add some lines to held, since is almost always triggered by a deep full throath event.

Arty Morty

Potential Patron
Ok, now I get it. Thank you very much for your time and effort, Morgodin. I anxiously await newer versions of the game. Now I want to test the idea you suggested earlier. Hear you later. ;)

Arty Morty

Potential Patron
Ok, I have tested the method with FINISHES and I regret to say that in my case it's not working. Needles to say, I have also typed the finish1 and such lines...

Lines such as

restart:"Want more?*FINISHES*"

or

"Do you like my technique? *FINISHES*"

Also, some actions never seem to work if I CLEAR the default lines. For example, WAKE and VIGOUROUS lines never work. By the way, VIGOUROUS is mistyped in the original...

Any ideas anybody?

Illusion-XIII

Potential Patron
I think your best bet would be to attach your dialogue file in here, and one of us can take a look at it and see what's missing. Or you could PM it if you'd prefer.

Morgodin

Potential Patron
Arty. Use finish her.txt to try out the finishes. I have been testing with it and I discovered a weird bug that at least I haven't seen in the older version.
But, anyway, the lines work well, half the times :o

Also, I uploaded (test1.txt) and tested every function making use of all:CLEAR and seems that every one worked fine. Try it out. Maybe is something wrong with your browser or the swf of SDT you have, dunno.

Attachments

finish her.txt
272 bytes · Views: 339

test1.txt
454 bytes · Views: 246

Arty Morty

Potential Patron
Hello there! I've tried out Morgodin's finishes and I'm happy to say that they are working fine!

However, some actions, such as wake and first_dt work 50% of the time at best...

And what is the function of those little squares (or rectangles, if you prefer) at the end of each line of the dialogue template? Would that be an indicator of how often that line should occur?

Illusion-XIII

Potential Patron
My guess is that those are the carriage returns or line-feed characters, and Notepad (or whatever editor you're using) is getting a bit confused and displaying them as non-recognizable characters. As long as they're outside of the quotes, I don't think they should affect anything. Regardless, they are not an intentional "feature" and don't represent anything to control the dialogue. Personally I'd delete them to be safe, especially if you notice that those lines don't display when you use the dialogue file.

Mak

Content Creator
I just wanted to point out the most common mistake people are making. It's spelled "vigorous" not "vigourous." The lines won't be pulled up when the line type is spelled wrong; and most people seem to be copy and pasting the same default clear section with the incorrect spelling, which is why it's still calling lines from the original dialogue.

Issues with custom dialogues not calling lines properly, or it's still calling lines from the original, comparing spelling to Konashion's list in the 'Modding' section of his blog is a good place to start.

humbaba

Potential Patron
Well to be fair, Konashion misspelled it as such in the original dialogue supporting release. [1.8?]
Which made me wonder after he fixed it if it still supported the misspelling, but I never bothered to test it.
With me the thing I;m trying to figure out is why a lotta people have spaces before question marks and such.
Oh and why they don't use the clear-all. I thought maybe the were keeping the coughs and interruptions but no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.