Time Gal (1 Viewer)

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Here's a little-known Sega CD game from waaay back in the day that has some fun ryona. It plays in a style similar to Dragon's Lair or Space Ace, i.e. with quick-time events consisting of all of the gameplay, and a wrong choice leads to instant death. The fact that the realistic-looking main character turns into a cutesy anime ragamuffin whenever she dies is kind of a downer, but it's fun nonetheless. Heck, it's interesting because it's so rare, right? All the vids are from YouTube, and I didn't upload 'em.

Here's videos of the gameplay, with the correct choices made:

Past Stage:

Now Stage:

Future Stage:

And here's a video compiling the results of incorrect choices. I included the videos above so you can figure out which failure sequences go with which actions:

Last edited by a moderator:

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I don't think I've ever seen such smooth transition from serious looking anime to chibi mode in the same shot xD

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
I don't think I've ever seen such smooth transition from serious looking anime to chibi mode in the same shot xD

Yes, exactly. :D

Too bad, too. I guess they wanted to keep the violence down, and that's one way to do it...turn the character into a Looney Toon. Eh, whatever, could have been so much better.

noice1

Potential Patron
I've seen bits and pieces of that game floating around, I never knew what it was though. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I agree the whole ragamuffin/chibi thing was weird, but, if you mute the sound the pain eases :) Thanks for the vids.

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
I was really into this game when I was younger, and I was able to finally play it a few years ago at a convention! It was harder than I thought it would be, but maybe it's because the letters and the arrows were kind of hard to see with all the action going on.

The main thing that got me interested in this game is because of how similar the character looked to Dream Hunter Rem, and around the same time I got into this game was when I got into the anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.