1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[PC] Thief and Sword

Discussion in 'Adult Games' started by howhow137, May 16, 2010.

1. howhow137

howhow137 Potential Patron

2. Black Lion

Black Lion Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

It seems as though the links have already died...

3. howhow137

not yet , i still can download it.

4. lordmou

lordmou Potential Patron

what is it like?

5. True Succubus

True Succubus Avid Affiliate

Dangle the worm before casting the hook, eh?

6. Umina

Umina Potential Patron Ryonani Teamster

It's a choose your own adventure game, with a battle system and such. Apparently it focuses a lot on bad ends. At least that's what I heard from H*ngfire.

7. howhow137

Thx for Umina explain ... =)

8. lordmou

lordmou Potential Patron

the only problem with the game is if cant read jappense then your kinda screwed

9. Mardion

Mardion Swell Supporter

Here's a small trailer of the game : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX_OK9iQfnw

In the future, please provide a video or description of a game when uploading it so that others can know whether they should download it or not. Thanks.

10. Ellina

Ellina Potential Patron Ryonani Teamster

looks funny =D
    have to try it then i got some time for^^

11. keeblerelf

keeblerelf Guest

How badly screwed are we talking about here? Super Robot Wars (tactics game with menu options you can memorize) or Sakura Taisen (lots of layered choices and possible quiz sections)?

12. Nekodorama

Nekodorama Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

lets just say if you cant read japanese its impossible and it lacks the fun since its a choose your own adventure game meaning the main point of it is reading. the only way you'll be able to beat it is to use a guide or have a lot of time on your hands since the game is really long (short if you die). so out of those 2 games it would probably be sakura taisen

13. Mebius

Mebius Potential Patron

Have to politely disagree here; the game only took me about three hours to finish with no Japanese literacy. I don't personally consider that to be very long. I do, however, have a history of playing games in languages I can't read any of, so.. I might make better time than some folks.

But no, you don't need to know any Japanese to beat the game. You just need a bit of patience and short-term memory. Every choice shows a 'page' number next to it like those old-fashioned 'choose your own adventure' stories people used to read waaay back in the paper age when people read things in books rather than on computer monitors, so it's not too hard to note which 'pages' suck and which don't. If all else fails, you can write them down. There aren't any layered choices except deciding where to go in the mansion, which inevitably forces you to move on after you pick three rooms, and there are no quiz sections that I noticed. All other choices cause instant progress (potentially instant bad ends) or will move the story along when you exhaust the options you have.

To top it off, after you've finished a character's story, you can begin a new game with either character to start with whatever items you possessed at the end of your previous play (minus starter gear, which always resets to the values you start the game with). Items also stack when you pick them up (to a cap of thirty, I believe). This means you can save up the awesome one-use items across plays to beat enemies that would normally slaughter you, which helps a lot for the boss of the good endings.

Otherwise, the item system is durability-based, you can take twelve items into battle, battles are timing-based with an attack and defense phase, stat checks are dice-based (cake once you get the timing down, but it will require some save-loads at first), clicking on the light bulb when it shows up by your portrait will pick up an item from the area you're in, etc. Is it difficult to play or hard to figure out? Not really. Is it fun? Without being able to read moon runes, the entertainment in a text-driven game is limited. I can't honestly call it fun beyond the first play through, and that's probably pushing it. I did, however, enjoy collecting various types of pantsu and laughing at their pitiful stats only to find myself using them in battle out of necessity due to equipment breakdown.

By the way, the update patch wasn't included in the links at the top of this thread. Since I already have it, I may as well do an uploady thing here. It fixes a fatal error in the prison area, among other things, so it's worth a load down if you plan on playing this. Saves seem to be compatible enough as long as you're not in the aforementioned prison area. ... But enough talk. Have at you!

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C54BWILX

14. Nyuu

Nyuu Guest

Its been a while ive played this game, but i think AGTH worked just fine with it. worth a try i think, that way you will catch atleast a bit of the story...

15. noice1

noice1 Avid Affiliate

I've heard about programs like AGTH (and some other), but don't know what they stand for and how they work. I know japanese ryona games can come with text files and those are easy enough to submit to google translate to have roughly done, but, would AGTH (or anything like it) actually change the in-game text?

16. Nyuu

Nyuu Guest

AGTH stands for Anime Game Text Hooker, actualy it opens a new window which displays the "japanese text" of the game. combined with Atlas for example it will translate automaticaly, means...no copy/paste of the text. sure the translation isnt 100% accurate, but you catch atleast a bit of the story.

17. noice1

noice1 Avid Affiliate

It is interesting. I've been considering looking into those programs, since I've played a lot of RPG Maker ryona games and have no freaking clue what the text is or how to work any of the menus. There's also this choose-your-own-adventure type game which could really use good translations. I'll have to look into these, thanks.

18. mm_mml

mm_mml Vivacious Visitor

19. Gannes1414

Gannes1414 Potential Patron

For both those pictures I just see an image of a sad panda. Did I do something wrong? D:

20. chromo1418

chromo1418 Potential Patron

I also see only a panda. Also can someone reup the game please? The Hotfile links are all dead.