The Evil Within (1 Viewer)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
I figure with the recent announcement of the planned DLC this deserves its own thread. Originally I was worried that mods would be the only way to play as the female detective, Juli Kidman, but it appears she is playable in a two part DLC campaign. Though of course mods could probably still let you play as her in the main campaign, it's nice to see content that is tailored to her character.
Season Passacre: An onslaught of new content coming to The Evil Within

With only two months until the release of The Evil Within (yes, it's still coming in October!), we're excited to share details on our Season Pass plans for the game.

The Evil Within Season Pass will allow you to experience survival horror from a new perspective. Different from the sadistic style of the main game, the first add-on allows you to assume the role of The Keeper (aka Boxman) in a fun collection of mission-based maps. The second and third add-ons take you further down a path of madness in a two-part, story-driven experience in the role of Juli Kidman - Sebastian Castellanos' rookie partner from The Evil Within. Encounter new weapons, discover unthinkable enemies, and new areas that reveal hidden motives and harrowing evil.

Priced at $19.99/£14.99/€19.99, the Season Pass offers savings on three planned add-ons for the game and will be available soon at select game retailers, PSN, Xbox LIVE, and PC.

The Evil Within releases on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC on Tuesday, October 14th in North America and Friday, October 17th in Europe.
2665053-character-img03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I knew it , Shinji Mikami won't ever let a game pass without a playable female :)

RE1 => Jill
RE2 => Claire
RE3 => Jill
RECV => Claire
RE4 => Ada

and now he has done it again :)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Small update. Just finished the game. Unfortunately it seems there's only one way Juli can die in the main campaign, and that's by drowning in a water tank. We'll have to wait for workable model swap mods before any main campaign deaths are applicable.
I'm still looking forward to the DLC in which she's playable.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
So any info on the release date of the DLC or it is unknown ATM ?

And how is the attacks and deaths in this game ?

I believe the release dates for the DLC are still unknown right now.
The grabs are a bit different from your typical survival horror. When an enemy gets close enough and grabs you one of two things happens. They either grab you and start biting/strangling you, at which point you need to wiggle the left stick like you would in most games, or they grab you and stab/smack you with no escape prompt, causing a good chunk of damage. There are some debilitating traps designed to slow you down like bear traps. There are also a large number of traps in the game that can kill you instantly, such as spikes, fire, spinning blades, explosives, etc.

I only saw a handful of deaths since I wasn't totally interested in dieing with the main character. Anyways here's what I saw during my first playthrough and what will probably be applicable when a model swap mod becomes available, assuming the other model also supports gibbing and body deformation.
Regular Zombies
-Throws you down and then stomps on your head, destroying the front part of your face
-The fat zombie will throw you to the ground and then punch you in the face multiple times
-Knife wielding zombies will stab the side of your throat, and then force you to the floor where they will then try and push the blade lengthwise through your neck

Two Headed Zombies
-they will grab and bite your neck, I haven't seen their death animation yet though. I'll have to investigate further.

Chainsaw Wielding Zombie
-if he approaches from the back he will stab you through the back with his chainsaw, letting you hang from it for a bit before tossing your corpse. Much like the death animation in RE6
-if he approaches from the front he will quickly saw through your neck and decapitate you. No censorship like recent RE games.

Ruvik: (this is the ghost guy who chases you around for one of the chapters)
-If he gets close enough he instantly kills you by making you explode into gibs.

Long Haired Multi-Armed Creature: (the female creature shown in multiple trailers)
-If she catches up to you she'll hold you down with her first pair of arms and then she'll repeatedly smack your head with her second pair until your head eventually caves in and explodes.

Mutant: (a large four legged creature with a couple of human bodies fused to it)
-during a chase sequence if it catches up to you it will grab you with one of its arms and then smash your body into the ground
-during the boss battle if enough damage is done it will reveal its vertical maw. If you get to close to it it will swallow you whole

Tentacle Creature (imagine a Resident Evil Licker, but with its legs and arms replaced with tentacles)
-when you first encounter the creature it grabs you from a pipe above you. If you don't shoot it enough times it will open its mouth and sprout out an even larger, flower-like mouth that it will use to bite your head off.

Water Creature
-like the alligators in RE5 they will instantly kill you by springing out of the water and grabbing you before diving back below.

The Keeper (a large man with a safe for a head, every time you kill him a new body forms at a nearby safe)
-at the end of your first battle with a keeper its safe head will open up and launch itself at your head, wrapping it in tentacles and barbed wire. If you don't wiggle the stick it will quickly decapitate you.

Red Mist Man: (a mist of red globules that have taken on the shape of a large humanoid)
-if you stay too close to him he'll engulf you in the red globules before you fall to the ground, dead.

Final Boss: (very large, I won't say much else about it)
-if caught during the early parts of the battle it will crush you in its hand
-one of the tentacles sprouting from its body can open up a mouth on its tip and eat your upper half
-it can devour you with its large mouth

Traps
-bear traps and barbed wire mines trap your leg. They don't seem to do continuous damage and mainly exist for enemies to get a free hit on you.
-during one battle an enemy will produce worm creatures that will wrap around and trap your leg, much like the bear traps/barbed wire. Also like the barbed/bear traps they don't damage you and whether or not you wiggle the stick you'll eventually break free automatically.
-proximity mines will gib you if you're low enough on health
-spike traps are common and your corpse automatically ragdolls and sticks to the spikes if you get hit
-one area features a spinning blade at head height, obviously if you stand up you'll get decapitated
That's all I can remember from my first playthrough and like I said I wasn't really interested in dying so it's far from a complete list. As for Juli's DLC I'm sure the basic zombies will appear in it, as well as some other appearances by bosses from the main campaign. Though I'm more interested in the "new enemies" they're teasing.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
For anyone interested to play the Juli Kidman DLC right now and can't wait for the official release

It looks like the PC version of the game has the already the DLC in its files but locked (Like what Capcom always do) as I browsed for a repack version of the game and saw that it includes all the DLCs and they are playable so that means they are already unlocked in repack versions

I will try to download it and see what it gives

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Bethesda announced that the first of two Julie Kidman's DLCs will be released at early 2015 , The DLC is called "The Assignment" (Is it a tribute to Ada , Mikami :D )

DLC Takes Hold | Bethesda Blog

One of the things he said that Julie encounters will have a lot of variations so thats a good thing for us

Alastor

Potential Patron
I believe the release dates for the DLC are still unknown right now.
The grabs are a bit different from your typical survival horror. When an enemy gets close enough and grabs you one of two things happens. They either grab you and start biting/strangling you, at which point you need to wiggle the left stick like you would in most games, or they grab you and stab/smack you with no escape prompt, causing a good chunk of damage. There are some debilitating traps designed to slow you down like bear traps. There are also a large number of traps in the game that can kill you instantly, such as spikes, fire, spinning blades, explosives, etc.

I only saw a handful of deaths since I wasn't totally interested in dieing with the main character. Anyways here's what I saw during my first playthrough and what will probably be applicable when a model swap mod becomes available, assuming the other model also supports gibbing and body deformation.
Regular Zombies
-Throws you down and then stomps on your head, destroying the front part of your face
-The fat zombie will throw you to the ground and then punch you in the face multiple times
-Knife wielding zombies will stab the side of your throat, and then force you to the floor where they will then try and push the blade lengthwise through your neck

Two Headed Zombies
-they will grab and bite your neck, I haven't seen their death animation yet though. I'll have to investigate further.

Chainsaw Wielding Zombie
-if he approaches from the back he will stab you through the back with his chainsaw, letting you hang from it for a bit before tossing your corpse. Much like the death animation in RE6
-if he approaches from the front he will quickly saw through your neck and decapitate you. No censorship like recent RE games.

Ruvik: (this is the ghost guy who chases you around for one of the chapters)
-If he gets close enough he instantly kills you by making you explode into gibs.

Long Haired Multi-Armed Creature: (the female creature shown in multiple trailers)
-If she catches up to you she'll hold you down with her first pair of arms and then she'll repeatedly smack your head with her second pair until your head eventually caves in and explodes.

Mutant: (a large four legged creature with a couple of human bodies fused to it)
-during a chase sequence if it catches up to you it will grab you with one of its arms and then smash your body into the ground
-during the boss battle if enough damage is done it will reveal its vertical maw. If you get to close to it it will swallow you whole

Tentacle Creature (imagine a Resident Evil Licker, but with its legs and arms replaced with tentacles)
-when you first encounter the creature it grabs you from a pipe above you. If you don't shoot it enough times it will open its mouth and sprout out an even larger, flower-like mouth that it will use to bite your head off.

Water Creature
-like the alligators in RE5 they will instantly kill you by springing out of the water and grabbing you before diving back below.

The Keeper (a large man with a safe for a head, every time you kill him a new body forms at a nearby safe)
-at the end of your first battle with a keeper its safe head will open up and launch itself at your head, wrapping it in tentacles and barbed wire. If you don't wiggle the stick it will quickly decapitate you.

Red Mist Man: (a mist of red globules that have taken on the shape of a large humanoid)
-if you stay too close to him he'll engulf you in the red globules before you fall to the ground, dead.

Final Boss: (very large, I won't say much else about it)
-if caught during the early parts of the battle it will crush you in its hand
-one of the tentacles sprouting from its body can open up a mouth on its tip and eat your upper half
-it can devour you with its large mouth

Traps
-bear traps and barbed wire mines trap your leg. They don't seem to do continuous damage and mainly exist for enemies to get a free hit on you.
-during one battle an enemy will produce worm creatures that will wrap around and trap your leg, much like the bear traps/barbed wire. Also like the barbed/bear traps they don't damage you and whether or not you wiggle the stick you'll eventually break free automatically.
-proximity mines will gib you if you're low enough on health
-spike traps are common and your corpse automatically ragdolls and sticks to the spikes if you get hit
-one area features a spinning blade at head height, obviously if you stand up you'll get decapitated
That's all I can remember from my first playthrough and like I said I wasn't really interested in dying so it's far from a complete list. As for Juli's DLC I'm sure the basic zombies will appear in it, as well as some other appearances by bosses from the main campaign. Though I'm more interested in the "new enemies" they're teasing.

I know this isn't supposed to be a full list but I also found a "special" death animation for the Keeper. If you are caught in one of his barbed wire traps and he gets close enough to you before you can escape, he'll swing the pointy end of his hammer through your head. It also shows a bit of this death animation in one of the earlier trailers if I'm not mistaken. It's pretty creepy because even the loading screen changes if you get killed by that. About the rumored new enemies , is there info on them on the developers' blog?

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
First Trailer for The Assignment DLC , The DLC will be released at 10 March for all platforms

Looks like they will Focus more on Stealth in this one , Based on the trailers and the achievements then we can assume these two monsters will make an appearance as they were featured in the art book

The Light Woman

TEW2.JPG

And that monster called Bridge based on the achievement and the art book

TEW3.JPG
Xo54RX.jpg

If you looked closely at the sketched drawing at the bottom of the art book then you can see that some kind of tentacles/multiple arms are wrapping around what supposed to be Kidman and you can see that monster briefly in the trailer

With This one and Revelations 2 then looks like march will be a month with a big meal featuring a lot of survival horror ladies ryona :)

gfan84

Potential Patron
real quick question though I doubt anyone will have the answer to this before the dlc is released but do you have to complete the main story before you can play this dlc?

Alastor

Potential Patron
real quick question though I doubt anyone will have the answer to this before the dlc is released but do you have to complete the main story before you can play this dlc?

I highly doubt it. I think at most they may have a little message saying something like "We recommend completing the main game before starting this additional content." I'm basing this off of The Last of Us' DLC, which had spoilers for the main game in it. Before starting a new game on the DLC it said something similar to what was said above.

Glad they finally released the date, been really excited to see what I can get Kidman into :D

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
And putting ryona aside , I highly recommend completing the main game before playing the DLC because the DLC is nearly worthless if you didn't finish the game and it become a mandatory if you completed the game , I read a tweet regarding that question and they said that the DLC could be accessed from the main menu so I think completing the game isn't necessary to play the DLC

Alastor

Potential Patron
I agree, for those of you who have played Resident Evil 4 this DLC serves as a throwback to the "Assignment Ada" and "Separate Ways" modes unlocked after completing the game. It'll allow for a different perspective to key events in the game, something I really enjoyed then and am glad to see happening in a similar way now. That means story wise you'd get the most out of it by clearing the main game first. I was hoping there'd be a Mercenaries type mode too, but that's another story. I wish this was up for download earlier for season pass holders, or outright unlocked after beating the game, I got the season pass a few days after the game came out and have been sitting on it for 7 months. But it's fine either way. I want to support the game, and hope they make a sequel.

Ryona-wise I wish Kidman was a bit more attractive. Hate to bring up RE4 again, but I think Ada pulled the whole "sexy, mysterious, femme fatale" persona off really well. Sebastian says it best in one of his journal entries; Juli comes off as a cold fish.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I agree, for those of you who have played Resident Evil 4 this DLC serves as a throwback to the "Assignment Ada" and "Separate Ways" modes unlocked after completing the game. It'll allow for a different perspective to key events in the game, something I really enjoyed then and am glad to see happening in a similar way now. That means story wise you'd get the most out of it by clearing the main game first. I was hoping there'd be a Mercenaries type mode too, but that's another story. I wish this was up for download earlier for season pass holders, or outright unlocked after beating the game, I got the season pass a few days after the game came out and have been sitting on it for 7 months. But it's fine either way. I want to support the game, and hope they make a sequel.

Ryona-wise I wish Kidman was a bit more attractive. Hate to bring up RE4 again, but I think Ada pulled the whole "sexy, mysterious, femme fatale" persona off really well. Sebastian says it best in one of his journal entries; Juli comes off as a cold fish.

Sadly the days of unlocking extra campaign or alternative campaign or even unlocking any stuff is over , now we are in the era of DLCs and sucking every possible cent from customers but mikami was smart about the ending and the dlc because it makes it a sure thing that 100% of who finished the game will buy the DLC

As for kidman then as tastes differs so i find her attractive as i find ada also attractive :) ,i think that she look a bit rough than Ada or any normal video games female characters because of her childhood and the type of work she does that differs from ada , kidman is like a normal spy/agent who is a female and doesn't need to use her female abilites to get her work done while ada is a typical sexy female spy from bond movies so their type of work is different , if you see the artbook for the evil within then you will see that kidman is the only character in the artbook to give her a 3d model in her bra and panties and seeing the type of panties she wears then i knew why her butt look cute and nice like that ;)

By the way here is a small article on one of the enemies of the DLC with sone images for it

Here’s a Look at Another New Enemy You will Encounter in The Evil Within’s DLC | RealGamerNewz

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Haven't had the time to play but I've taken a cursory glance at a couple streams. Here are the death scenes I've seen so far.

Unarmed Zombies: Pushes Kidman down and starts punching her in the face a couple times before ending with a double fisted hammerblow to her head.

Torch Wielding Zombies: A swift smack to the head with the torch that sends Kidman to the floor, dead.

Bridge: Self destruct if they get too close, instantly killing and gibbing Kidman. I haven't seen them do the impalement move from their concept art.

Giant Man: One of the giant men that's encountered in the cemetery in Sebastian's campaign. Will grab Kidman by the head with one hand before using his other to crush her skull.

The Light Woman: Pretty disappointing IMO. Underneath the coat is an armless pillar of flesh with a large vertical mouth. If you're caught by the light woman she will kill you instantly by biting, and presumably devouring Kidman's upper torso. I say presumably because the bite occurs off screen, after which the light woman pulls back into frame, chewing on something for a bit before the game over screen. Quite the missed opportunity.

Still a couple of death opportunities that I haven't seen yet. Kidman encounters a Trauma, there's a chase sequence at the end involving a tall shadowy man, and there's something of a boss battle against an evil version of Joseph.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I also haven't played the game yet but i want to add that on one of the streamings i saw then i saw one death scene in the shadow man chase , at the last part of the chase where there is extended long hands try to grab you if you are grabbed by it then they a hand will grab her legs and an arm will grab her arms behind then the shadow man will put his hands on her head and crack her

I am sure there is more deaths that wasn't discovered yet especially with the shadowman chase and the four legged creatures

carl_fennin

Swell Supporter
The Assignment DLC - Some Juli Kidman Deaths (Gifs/Videos)

I've been prowling around a bunch of YouTube playthroughs just looking for some player fails and after a lot of searching, I made a few animated gifs of the moments that I liked. This isn't to say these are the only ones, but just the ones that I personally enjoyed seeing. The animated gif file sizes are too big for this sites upload feature (12 - 27 MBs), so instead I'll just put links to them instead. SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT WANT WISH TO SEE WHAT LIES IN THE DLC!

WHAT LIES BELOW ALSO CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND GORE WITH POSSIBLE GIBBING! IF THIS DOES NOT APPEAL TO YOU, DO NOT CLICK! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

There are a few YouTube videos from two different users that I stumbled across. I think they are based on the Japanese version so there is no gibbing.

Video by "Nyora Channel" with possibly all deaths in the DLC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odAY5DerGEM

A few spike trap involved YouTube videos as well from another user by "direngreyparamore".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIszKhm_6pQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlvXksSDGKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EloZk7NX5R0

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks cnby and carl :) , it was nice to know that the bridge actually can do the handstand and wrap around kidman but i am wondering what is the requirement for that to happen ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.