The Chozo-n One (1 Viewer)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
KLANG. A dull thud boomed throughout Samus' small ship. Shit! she thought. She knew immediately her ship had caromed off a comet. Sure enough, as she had expected, the red alert klaxons went off.

"Warning. Outer hull breached. Depressurization possible. Recommend landing for repair."

Oh, great. Now she'd nearly skewered her ship. "Shut up, computer" she said back. Not like the computer could hear her, or would comply, or anything.

She focused on steering the ship to land on nearby Phaaze. She'd really rather not have, but it was that, or be depressurized and crushed into a tin can in space. The alternative sucked, so she had to land on the planet.

"Warning. Speed too high for safe landing. Altitude is 5,000 meters. Slow your descent."

"I'm doing the best I can, you stupid bucket!"

Samus could see nothing she did was going to help. Slapping the Chozoan pattern on the back of her hand, she activated her Power Suit. This was going to be a rough landing.

Her ship skidded off the surface of the planet, grinding along at a high speed. Suddenly it plowed into the side of a mountain. Her ship embedded itself halfway into it. The sudden stop caused her to slam into the wall hard. Good thing for the power suit, she thought, as she picked herself up slowly. A little sore, but not a stain on the wall like she might otherwise have been. She looked out the window and saw darkness. "Oh, you've got to be kidding... I better be able to get out of here!" She walked toward the door, expecting to be stuck. Luckily for her, the door swung upward, revealing bright daylight. "That's better" she said to herself. Surveying the scene, she saw her ship half buried in the cliffside. Well, I guess I'm not getting that out of there without a lot of work. She could see a large building way off in the distance. It would take a long time to get there by foot, but what other choice was there?

Arriving some two hours later, she went into the base. It seemed nobody was home. Maybe she would even be able to just grab a ship and take off with it.

As she was about to enter one, an energy blast exploded beside her. She instinctively leapt to the side, and turned to face the direction the blast came from. She saw someone wearing a dark grey-scale version of her power suit. "What the hell? Who are you?"

"I am the most ruthless hunter on the planet. You may call me Dark Samus."

"Listen, I don't know who you are or who you think you are, but if you think this is funny-" she had to cut it short and dodge another blast. Samus returned fire, to no avail.

"Who do you think you are impersonating me?"

"My dear" Dark Samus said unseen, "you are a hunter. I am a hunter. However, I am cold and ruthless, and stop at nothing." Samus barely leapt out of the way of another blast of Phazon, which melted part of the bulkhead of the ship she was standing by. Samus darted behind a ship twenty paces away, energy blasts landing a pace behind her the whole way. She circled around the ship. Dark Samus was attempting to creep up on her, unaware Samus was now behind her. Samus shot Dark Samus in the back with her arm cannon. Dark Samus grunted and twirled away, taking a shot that hit Samus in the chest on her way. Samus rolled backwards, landing on her feet. Quickly scanning the area, she reeled off two quick blasts. Dark Samus dodged one, but her chosen direction took her right into the path of the second one. She staggered back and returned fire. Samus ducked behind the ship. The blast whizzed past her and destroyed a crate on the other side of the room, causing tools and small storage items to fall all over the floor. Samus, using the cover of the ships lined up, made her way over to the various items on the floor and grabbed one, then came back. Dark Samus was creeping around behind the ships looking for her. Samus circled around, and tossed the scrap. It landed with a clatter. Dark Samus turned and quickly fired off a reflexive Plazon blast. Realizing a split second too late Samus wasn't actually there, she couldn't avoid Samus' next shot, which hit her directly in the back. The force knocked her into the middle of the room. She rolled with the momentum, and landing on her feet, jumped on top of one of the ships.

Samus didn't want to leave the safety of cover, but she didn't have much choice. Springing into action, she jumped, and kicked off the side of a ship, over to the other, and back to the first, wall-springing between them. She landed on top of a ship, but Dark Samus had lined her up. She turned in time to take a Phazon blast squarely in the chest, knocking her backwards off the top of the ship she was on. Her power suit sparked once. Dark Samus figuratively smelled blood in the water, and pressed the attack, rapid fire Phazon blasts causing Samus to have to stay constantly on her toes, dodging shot after shot with no respite. She finally miscalculated one and took another shot in the chest. She spun around, and took one in the back. Her suit's power reserves were dropping. Dark Samus fired a blast into Samus' head, her helmet thankfully absorbing it. Then her power suit dematerialized, leaving her in her zero suit. She could move much easier now, but Dark Samus' shots would be much more deadly now. Samus easily bounded up to the top of one of the undamaged spaceships, attempting to open the hatch. She just barely ducked out of the way of a Phazon blast, the momentum of which circulated air around her face. Samus tried to return fire, but forgot her arm cannon was gone. She quickly unholstered her Paralyzer pistol. It was a non-lethal defensive weapon, generally, but enough shots could overload nervous systems to the point they shut down. Samus fired a couple quick blasts in an attempt to stun Dark Samus long enough to get into one of the ships. She was so close to being inside one, she didn't want to give up the position she had, but she had no choice as another blast came directly at her. She backflipped off the top of the ship, landing lightly on her feet. Samus looked around for her adversary. She could see nothing through her eyes. Instinctively she tried to use the scanner on her suit, then cursed inwardly for forgetting it was damaged and unusable.

Suddenly, searing pain erupted from Samus' back as a blast of Phazon sent her flying. The Chozoan symbol on the back of her zero suit had been partially melted, her power suit now lost to her until it could repair itself over the course of a day or so. Samus rolled and stood, before taking another shot. The second shot sent her into the side of the spaceship. Without her Chozoan power suit to stop the impact, her body took the full brunt of it. Even with as athletic and honed as her body was, slamming into thousands of pounds of steel meant the pile of steel was going to win that exchange. Samus shook her head, trying to get her bearings back, and was met with a power suit augmented punch in the face. Samus' head snapped back, her long blonde hair flying backwards like a cracking whip. Another punch in the jaw staggered her. Dark Samus fired a knee into Samus' stomach. The steel of the suit easily overcame the defenses of the muscles of her body, doubling Samus over in pain. Dark Samus punched Samus in the face again, knocking her to the floor. Dark Samus kicked her in the face, whipping her head back again. Samus sat on the floor, dazed. She stood quickly, but unsteadily. Dark Samus took her by the hand and jerked forward, sidestepping her as she banged into the side of one of the docked ships. She staggered back a few steps, holding her head, fighting off dizziness. Dark Samus swung her arm cannon for the fences at Samus, smashing her in the back of the head. Samus fell face first to the floor and lay there, dazed. Dark Samus rolled her onto her back, and knelt over her. Samus was seeing double.

"I finally have you... I never thought this day would come. With you, I am now able to subjugate this planet."

"And I thought I got hit in the head... you can't possibly think I'm going to help you do anything of the sort."

"No" said Dark Samus. "Not willingly. However, I don't need you... just your DNA. Despite my appearance and ability, I am still Phazon. However, with your DNA, I can now create clones of you that will be genetic copies of you... but of course, with a little of my own preference as well. Why do you think I haven't simply shot you, or better, poisoned you with Phazon to death yet? Think about it...."

Just as Samus was grasping this concept, Dark Samus grabbed a handful of hair and smashed her in the face with a headbutt using her helmet. A cut opened up on Samus' forehead as her body went limp, no longer able to fight back. The last thing she felt was Dark Samus punching her in the face again.. and again... and again...

Last edited by a moderator:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I liked writing this, it was someone different for once. I liked the idea of her getting beat down as opposed to just shot to pieces. Hope you liked it. :)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Hey, a story about a character I sort of know about! :O Well, I really like Super Metroid anyway. I've seen a healthy amount of Samus related stuff on the LoK forums though. :P Good ryona story.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Ever since Samus got that zero suit, it's opened up all kinds of possibilities. You made a smart decision to have her armor get blasted off. I think the beat down could have gone down a bit longer, though you did end it in such a way that it could go on as long as the reader wants. I liked this.

Bagel

Potential Patron
Typical, Samus always loses her Power Suit after arriving on a new planet. Makes me wonder how Dark Samus would look in a Zero Suit....I also felt like it ended when things were getting exciting, but yeah I guess we can imagine the rest. Very well done. Surprised to see no metroids used, but I guess it's better to reserve them for the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.