The Blades of Kriegmar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baku|Haku

Casual Client

Strange... all that seemed to remain of the tentacled creatures were tiny black stones that appeared to be very dense. You've no idea what they could be but.. touching them seems to make you feel uneasy.

*Avita touched her head gently not sure of what was happening as it often did to a little fish out of water that wasn't that brilliant to begin with felt often, this time however her curiosity did not won her over, this time she looked at the things before aproaching any further.
She aproached slowly to touch the stone with her hand to feel it, but that feeling of uncertianty did not go away, she poked them with her trident aiming to find out more about it on her own.
She turned around and yelled to anyone who cared to listen to her "Hey! This swap creatures turned into stone!! Can I eat them?" asked the girl rising up and waiting a responce.

Sickerton

Content Creator

The barbarian rolled over onto her back, sputtering and wiping her face (semi) clean of the muck she tripped right into. She could hear the CRACK of Emilia's stick go off again, and judging by how the creature wrapped around her ankles shook immediately afterward could assume that it was being brought to bear to help her. Still... she was not a fan of that staff being pointed in her direction...

When she managed to wipe enough grime away to open her eyes fully, however, she was treated to a much more welcoming sight.

Raggagunstaz, or Tuff as he is known to the others- begins to roll towards Thraso immediately, sensing danger!

Tuff rolls into the Rock Serpent, dealing a good amount of damage!

"Heya... Tuff..."

On one hand, she probably should lecture him a bit for leaving the fish unguarded.
On the other, it was hard to even think of disciplining someone who would plow through a small pool of poison just to help you out. It was slightly worrying that the stuff seemed to be clinging to him like mud - instead of, y'know, the water it was supposed to be - but it didn't seem to be slowing him down any.

"After we get outta here, we have to clean you o-"

"-HRGH!"

Thraso covered her mouth as her internal organs roiled, apparently having had talks with each other and on the verge of officially seceding from the rest of the body. It seemed that her old family remedy of "Tough it out until it goes away" was not faring very well against this particular strain of poison. But what else was she going to do? A healer she most definitely wasn't.

For the moment, though, she would have to settle with giving her literally stonefaced friend a little nod of approval; rising up to a sitting position in the process, but not managing much else due to the risk of coughing up something she'd probably need from the exertion.

(No action)

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster

"Interesting..."

Faith let her hands roam over the energy ball whilst she took her present spiritual form. It was unusual, she felt like she could grasp it and quite easily so too. In her present form the energy seemed to gradually float towards her, light as a feather like a child's balloon filled with air. Faith actually smiled, as small and brief as it was. She lifted the energy, feeling it run through her fingers and out again, as an unusual sensation passed through her palms. Faith found she could literally handle this energy, and soon enough she lifted it upwards.

Again a brief smile flashed across her smooth lips, once again brief before the blind monk tried to regain composure. She tried not to reveal that she found amusment in handling the sphere of energy, it was hardly the place or the time to be having fun given the circumstances. An urge to bounce the ball however began to materialise from a very small thought in the back of her mind. She had to remember this was pure energy and not a material, the chances were something more disasterous would occur if she attempted it.

With the Sphere in her hands she turned and lifted it overhead. "I have the power..." She whispered dramatically as she gently shook the large sphere. However... the blind monk stopped suddenly when she felt the presence of others nearby. Madelyn she was familiar with by now, and she assumed the other was the girl they had met. With cheeks turning a slight shade of pink even in her present form, Faith lowered the spiritual energy sphere, half hiding behind it as she did so.

"I.... umm... greetings! This... this is not what it appears to be. I am not stealing the energy. Merely examining it... for faults... yes." Faith stumbled through her words.

(Takes and holds onto the energy Sphere)

Taveren

Avid Affiliate

"Once that Glass there is purged of its dark energy, it should be easy for us to control.. and then, we can open that container and get your friend out!"

"Then let's do it! No time to waste!"

Aria couldn't help but remain skeptical. Ollia's explanation fit what she knew of the spirit glass but that didn't mean the little know it all hadn't missed something. Wrapped up in her own thoughts, she didn't notice that the two really weren't wasting any time until they were already some distance away. "Hey!" she jumped to her feet. "I don't think we should just leave this here. What if someone else..." Her words trailed as a myriad of unsavory possibilities crossed her mind.

Looking around for the rest of her comrades, it appeared that the prison wasn't the only thing that had been forgotten in the excitement of discovery.

"Hey! This swap creatures turned into stone!! Can I eat them?" asked the girl rising up and waiting a responce.

Aria gave the Atlantean an awkward grin. She was normally all for trying new delicacies but after Ollia's explanation of those creature's origins, she was hardly confident. "I'm not so sure about that..." she said before nodding toward Ollia. "Just take them with you and ask the rooster later, we've got an elf to save."

"-HRGH!"

Thraso covered her mouth as her internal organs roiled, apparently having had talks with each other and on the verge of officially seceding from the rest of the body. It seemed that her old family remedy of "Tough it out until it goes away" was not faring very well against this particular strain of poison. But what else was she going to do? A healer she most definitely wasn't.

For the moment, though, she would have to settle with giving her literally stonefaced friend a little nod of approval; rising up to a sitting position in the process, but not managing much else due to the risk of coughing up something she'd probably need from the exertion.

(No action)

"Hey Muscles!" Aria's gaze swept over the swamp. How could she lose sight of someone so bulky... Oh. She carefully picked her way toward the mud bathing barbarian. "I don't think now is the time to be playing in the mud..."

(Move to O4)

"We know a way to open that demon contraption," Aria explained regarding the box as she tried to help Thraso to her feet. "There's no time to waste either, so come on. On your feet..."

"Hey..." Aria added after a moments pause. "At first I thought it was the filth and grime but you really don't look so good..."

(Cast Dispel Magic on Thraso)

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster

"Perhaps I should not be surprised, considering what you are... but the cruelty you display before your own vessel is... quite cruel, devil. Amusingly so."

"She serves a purpose. That is the end of the relationship between us."

"Grrmm..."

The assault on Alchana's body ended... it seemed the Lich was not interested in doing so if it didn't affect the Devil!

"Don't sweat it, rice girl! We'll be right back. Just need to transport that spirit energy over here somehow."

"I.... umm... greetings! This... this is not what it appears to be. I am not stealing the energy. Merely examining it... for faults... yes."

Ollia stopped in her tracks as she saw Faith handling the energy like.. like it was just some load of cargo or something. Spiritual energy couldn't be touched by anything physical- how in the world was this happening?! "Wait... how.. how are you holding that?!"

"My friends are full of surprises, summoner!" Madelyn mused, patting Ollia on the shoulder. "Faith, if you would be so kind.. we need that energy to see if we can free the Spirit Glass from its corruption. Could you come over this way with us?"

"Er.. yeah, what she said.." Ollia said, still looking a bit dumbfounded as she followed Shyne back to the magical container.

Heh! Never a dull moment being a mage!

"Hey! This swap creatures turned into stone!! Can I eat them?" asked the girl rising up and waiting a responce.

Ollia gasped as she walked by. "What?! NO! No, don't do that! Voidstones are not edible! They have all sorts of negative effects on organic bodies!"

Aria uses Dispel Magic!

Thraso is no longer poisoned!

Tuff shows his stuff and tackles the Rock Serpent once more!

____________________________________________________________​

Emilia uses Limb Strike: Tail!

The shot does little damage... but does its job as the Rock Serpent loses use of its tail and unfurls from Thraso's ankles!

Thraso is no longer bound!

END PLAYER PHASE

BEGIN ENEMY PHASE

With nowhere to go, the Rock Serpent leaps at the closest target- burying its horn into Thraso's chest!

END ENEMY PHASE

BEGIN PLAYER PHASE

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster

"My friends are full of surprises, summoner!" Madelyn mused, patting Ollia on the shoulder. "Faith, if you would be so kind.. we need that energy to see if we can free the Spirit Glass from its corruption. Could you come over this way with us?"

"Er.. yeah, what she said.." Ollia said, still looking a bit dumbfounded as she followed Shyne back to the magical container.

"Of course." Faith responded, pretending that nothing was amiss. The blind Monk was almost certain the duo had caught her in the act of tomfoolery, but they were kind enough not to mention it or mock her, and thus Faith counted her blessings and moved on as if it had never happened. She would let the awkwardness plague her on random nights when going through memory then dawn on it here. Clearing her throat, Faith began to carry the energy, keeping it lifted with not so much as a single strain on her body or mind. In her current form the vast energy sphere was as weightless as the air.

Faith began to move towards the magical container, following both Madelyn and Ollia, keeping her senses tuned to their location. Slowly, Faith began to feel her body complain. The chi within her wanted to expel, forcing the blind Monk to slow her pace, having to focus. She had used this form on multiple occasions within a very short space of time, and it was beginning to tax her stamina. Biting on her lower lip, Faith managed to maintain control for now, and picked up her pace, finally reaching the magical container.

"I... do not think I will be able to maintain this form for much longer. We should move with haste, what would you have me do?"

(Move to H4 with Chi Sphere, 2nd action reserved for command from Madelyn or Ollia)

Sickerton

Content Creator

"Hey Muscles! I don't think now is the time to be playing in the mud..."

"You're... funny..." the ailing warrior managed to get out between slow, deep breaths as the mage tried to get her up. Since Thraso couldn't help much in her current state, the results were... iffy, at best. "Kill you... las-"

"Hey... At first I thought it was the filth and grime but you really don't look so good..."

Aria uses Dispel Magic!

Thraso is no longer poisoned!

The little pale thing made a series of gestures in the air before Thraso, and before the barbarian could groan out a word against it she began to feel... less like she was going to fall apart. In fact, the new pains and heaviness she was up until this point suffering through broke like a fever.

Well, she'll be damned. Between this, the spirit this girl showed at the lava flow, and the go-getting attitude she had at the bridge, maybe something could be made out of this waif.

Now well enough to help Aria - along with Tuff and Emilia's efforts finally bearing fruit and unfurling that damn serpent from her legs - the two managed to get Thraso up to standing, and with her arm already up on the mage's shoulder she took the opportunity to pull her closer in, tilt her head so that she looked down at her, and cooly remark

"...You're doing good, kid. Keep it up."

Before letting her go and turning her attention back to that aggravating-

With nowhere to go, the Rock Serpent leaps at the closest target- burying its horn into Thraso's chest!

"GU-HGGGH!"

Not fast enough, apparently! The barbarian let out a strangled groan as the supernaturally determined snake refused to give up, pouncing to impale itself into her chest! Thraso clutched at the beast like a dying man would an embedded sword after the killing blow, stumbling back several steps as the surge of pain and continued thrashings of the creature threatened to send her right down again into the mud.

Luckily, the horn didn't seem to have struck anything vital. Well, immediately vital. For a moment she felt something similar to what happened when those otherworldly monsters invaded her mental space - which was far from a good sign - but was also far too busy dealing with the much more earthly horror of being stabbed in the chest to pay any attention to it at the moment.
But still, it was the thought that counted.

Thraso took a moment to brace, squeezing her eyes shut as she took a firm grip of the snake... and then pulled, sliding the monster out of her with a groan and leaving a trickling wound in it's place. Panting heavily, she held the beast dangling in front of her by the 'Neck', and after a moment of glaring at it remarked

"You had this coming."

Before tossing the crazed animal skyward... only to meet it with her arm as it descended, sending it sailing with a mighty blow!

(Stumble to N4, then use Thraso's increased melee range to still grab the Rock Serpent with Lariat and throw him down past Aria)

Last edited:

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
DeviantArt Username
Unrelatedpants

What was this..? The lich's attention seemed to be off of her for a moment.. though she had seen just how aware it could be of what she was up to.. after all, there wasn't exactly much else but here and that devil here.

Mind and body alike were trembling wrecks, but she had to hang on.. somehow..

Just... breathe...

Taveren

Avid Affiliate

"...You're doing good, kid. Keep it up."

Before letting her go and turning her attention back to that aggravating-

Aria refused to bend under the brawny warrior's weight. In fact, the challenge seemed to give her strength and she stood in smug satisfaction. That grin turned to a cringe as the Rock Serpent impaled Thraso.

"You had this coming."

Before tossing the crazed animal skyward... only to meet it with her arm as it descended, sending it sailing with a mighty blow!

(Stumble to N4, then use Thraso's increased melee range to still grab the Rock Serpent with Lariat and throw him down past Aria)
Aria watched, appearing mildly impressed as the Rock Serpent arced through the air, before taking a measured step just before it would impact the ground.

(Move to N3)

"Maybe you should lead with that next time. You know, before..." she raised a finger toward the nasty wound Thraso had taken before casting another cautionary spell. "Just in case."

(Cast redirect on Thraso)

Baku|Haku

Casual Client

Ollia gasped as she walked by. "What?! NO! No, don't do that! Voidstones are not edible! They have all sorts of negative effects on organic bodies!"

*The little atlantian looked wided eyed to the green haired woman and tilted her head as she tried to understand what the green haired one just said. The three words she could make out of her rambling were "No, Organic" and "Bodies" she wasn't still closer to knowing if the octupuss stones were a source of nutrition or if the green haired one wanted to have kissy times or not. She tough for a second before she could remember the word "Organic" in all that mess. She repeated it out loud to herself "Or..Orga...Orga'nic?" Orga'nik!!" she nodded to herself and figured it out. It was so obvious. She patted the woman on her shoulders and said "Do not worry Orga'nik woman!" said the little atlantian with a wide smile reasuring her new friend she was not in danger "I will not let your body get bad stuff happen" she placed her hand foward and used a spell on the rocks so the Orga'nik woman was able to touch them.

[Cast Frost Nova on the Voidstones]

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster

"I... do not think I will be able to maintain this form for much longer. We should move with haste, what would you have me do?"

"Ah, right! You and the crusader just follow me over here... oh man this is gonna be SOOOO COOL!" Ollia said excitedly, unable to contain her schoolgirl glee.

"You're certain this is going to work?"

"Of course it is! You know who you're talking to, right?"

"....."

"...okay, don't answer that."

Thraso uses Lariat!

The Rock Serpent is cracked upon impact.. and explodes soon after!

"...."

"..."

"....strange.. from the outside.. I feel... a presence. Hm.."

"Eh?"

"I wonder..."

Aria uses Redirect!

The next spell cast on Thraso will be redirected!

"Do not worry Orga'nik woman!" said the little atlantian with a wide smile reasuring her new friend she was not in danger "I will not let your body get bad stuff happen"

"Um.. okay?"

Avita uses Frost Nova!

The voidstone... became encased in ice. Nothing else seemed to happen.

"...."

Ollia gave a sideways glance towards Madelyn. "Remind me to educate your spellcasting friends here on the responsible use of magic."

"Of course. But right now, we have a job to do."

Madelyn held the Cursed Spirit Glass aloft...

"Yes ma'am! Are you always so assertive?"

"Less than I should be.."

"I see... okay! Miss Blindfold, over here if you would!"

Faith is directed over to Madelyn.. where she lowers the ball of pure spirit energy onto the sphere... and...

A blinding light fills the area, completely blinding everyone. A sound could be heard, which was similar to sizzling meat..

Consciousness would fade from everything present in the area...

"Ha... fascinating. Even from here I can feel the power of a legendary artifact on the other side."

The lich places its fingers on Alchana's chin, face leaning in close to her own. The closer it got, the more dread Alchana would begin to feel, welling up inside her stomach.

"...tell me about your friends. Now."

"Heh.. well. This worked out better than expected."

"So it's done then. Just as she wanted too.. the elf alive and the rest of them dead." A woman dressed in what appeared to be an old military uniform and a fur mantle stood before the unconscious party, looking over her work proudly. "Took me a while to set everything up too... good thing that stupid yappy mage's spell caused the area to be blanketed with fog... that really helped move things along. Who would've known that their silly magics would've given me the opening I needed to incapacitate them all."

????: Didn't say anything about these other cuties... guess I'll just kill the ugly ones and keep the others around for amusement. But.. I'll take my time.

????: Heheheheh.... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

SPLURK

????: .....Guh....w-whaat?!

Someone had come from behind the woman, impaling her from behind.. with a large sword etched with green runes.

The woman was held in place for several seconds, before her killer pulled their blade out, forcing even more of her blood to spill on the ground. Now coughing up her own blood, she fell to her knees.. a look of pure pain and disbelief on her face. "B-but why..."

"..."

Turning her head slightly askew, she could see the face of her killer. Eerie, glowing eyes. Blood-stained sword.. ornate armor... pallid skin color. "..Is.. is this.. what he meant.. by swift.. retri..buu.."

"Ckk..gyh..."

The woman then fell to the ground, blood oozing into the grass as she slowly expired.

The killer breathed deep, heavy breaths.."....."

...and stood motionless for nearly an hour... unmoving, and just staring ahead at the group of helpless women... when suddenly..

Something clicked in her mind.. and the aura of darkness left her body.

"Nnnghuh...guh..hah.."

"What?! Where.." Mirevina looked around, in unfamiliar area, yet... familiar at the same time.

"....girls?" she asked out loud, upon seeing the party.

Around this time, each of them would finally start to wake up...

YOU ARE VICTORIOUS!
Gained: 4280 EXP
LEVEL UP!
Items:Voidstone (6)
Stone of Impediment
Rinah's Orders
Vendarian Military Leotard (Cosmetic)
Purified Spirit Glass
Lilamprey Petals (2)

END BATTLE PHASE

BEGIN EXPLORATION PHASE 1 - NORTHERN LERITHERD SWAMP

Sickerton

Content Creator

"Maybe you should lead with that next time. You know, before..." she raised a finger toward the nasty wound Thraso had taken before casting another cautionary spell. "Just in case."

"Ah..." the barbarian replied slowly, taking in with satisfaction how that annoying rock snake shattered into an impressive shower of pebbles. "I'll be okay. Had worse."

Which was true... but then again, a wound didn't have to be the absolute worst to still be a hassle. Idly rubbing the sore spot in her chest, she recalled something about bandages nearby. Maybe? And an... Ethan?. This swamp, with it's strange tricks...

"Hey, gals!" The scarred woman shouted, finally turning back to regard the rest of the group. "Any of you know an 'Etha-' "

"WHATAREYOUDOINGWHATAREYOUDOING"

Hindsight is 20/20. Also, far less bright. As the barbarian was submerged in an overwhelming white that seemed to be searing the flesh off her bones, she noted with disdain that letting almost all of the magic users huddle together with the new magic user and no supervision was not her best of decisions.

When reality finally re-asserted itself, Thraso found herself blearily staring up at the sky. With a grunt she sat up, in what she soon realized was a neat little line of her allies; realizing instantly that a fair stretch of time must have passed since her chest wound had congealed to a small trickle.

AND SPEAKING OF CHEST WOUNDS

"..."

"....girls?"
The cold one was back, no longer cracked open! While at her feet lay yet another new girl. This one didn't seem likely to babble on as much as the green hair, though.

"You're ali- you're here! Good to see ya again. Have a fun time clawing out of that grave?"

The large warrior slowly got herself up to standing, still a little woozy, and gave the other dead girl a quick once-over. There were certainly no points for figuring out how she died, and only a couple for figuring out what did it. Huge impaling blades were not too widespread in this current group. But whatever, it wasn't like Thraso knew this chick or anything. Her getup was typical 'Civilized' fare - far too overdone and complex (even before the new hole)... But Thraso kind of liked the mantle of fur. Maybe if no one else wanted it, she'd check if she could just pull that part off and...

Wait.
Something was wrong.

The barbarian had noted that all her teammates were present when she woke up -- all her fleshy teammates. She had assumed that Tuff was also there - since anything those putzes survived he should have no problem with - but that didn't seem to be the case.

The scarred woman wasted no time with the still recovering allies, since they were out just as long as she was. Instead she went straight to the one who could have any clue, tromping over to Mirevina and grabbing her by the shoulders.

"Have you seen a rock around here? About this tall, covered in mud?"

Growing more and more impatient in her worry, Thraso didn't even wait for a reply, stomping past the returning ally and scanning the bog around them.

"Tuff? Tuff! Come out! Sa... Make some type of noise if you're stuck!"

(Move to G7, checking the big spiky bush for Tuff and whatever else it may obscure)

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
DeviantArt Username
Unrelatedpants

Shit.. is he noticing what's going on..? Hurry up, Madelyn!!

But.. something was wrong. Very wrong.. Both the lich and devil seemed to sense whatever was happening, though all Alchana could feel... was the pain still radiating through her entire body. What kind of sick bastard devises an imprisonment of people wrapped up in such a brutal manner?!

After a moment's pause, the lich's attentions were back on her, causing her heart to sink.. and worse, he was detecting the spirit glass in some way?

Just have.. to hold out...

But then.. a small message of hope..

...Mirevina...?

She couldn't give up.. not now.. not even with the lich right there with its gaze in her face...
It was time to spit death in the eye once more.

"H-heh... you get.. nothing..."

Taveren

Avid Affiliate
A blinding light seemed consumed Aria's world. She wasn't sure how long it lasted. She wasn't quite sure what had happened. What she did know, what she could remember, was that it all had something to do with that big mouthed mage.

"Ugh..." A groan escaped her lips as her eyelids parted. Confusion creased her forehead as she found her staring up at an open sky. She had half expected an unfamiliar stone ceiling or some bars. Raising a hand to the side of her head, she was pleasantly surprised that she could move.

Her limbs still tingled. Her body didn't quite feel like her own. Through force of will, she forced herself to sit up and prepared herself for the worst. Another pleasant but confusing surprise waited for her. To her right, her companions lay unconscious but alright. All except Alchana. Muscles had already come to and was letting the world know. Aria openned her mouth to say something, but something else caught her attention, something that made her relieved smile fade.

"Mirevina!" The surprise was evident in Aria's voice as she jumped to her feet, but there was something else there. "You're alive...?" There was a tinge of nervousness. Concern. The prison lay nearby, apparently unchanged. It's presence made her skin crawl. Her eyes travelled back and forth between the very much alive Mirevina and the very dead woman at her feet. The unholy knight's presence seemed plausible based the circumstances surrounding their initial meeting and her abilities, but Aria remained wary.

How had she found them?
Who was the dead woman?

After their experience in the swamp, they couldn't be too careful with the unknown. Still, Aria found herself wanting to trust the woman who had fought by her side. "What..." Aria took a breath. Mirevina looked as disoriented and confused as she felt. "Do you know what happened here?"

Her eyes remained on Mirevina as she moved to get a better look at the dead soldier. The uniform was familiar. Perhaps there was something else that would tell them more about her. A light pat down revealed some papers held within the soldier's pockets. "...orders?" Aria uttered to herself before unfolding the documents and looking into its contents.

(Move to I4 and inspect Rinah's Orders)

Baku|Haku

Casual Client

Around this time, each of them would finally start to wake up...

*The little atlantian opened her eyes slowly while a little sleepy she streched her arms as she listened to her other companions wake up around her. To her dissapointment a kiss time seccion had not ocurred or if it was she was not invited to it. This displeased her a bit, specially given the fact that she often had dreams of the people she lost so long ago.
She looked around to see where her companions had fallen only to find something more surprising in fron of her. She shook her head and took her hands into her mouth trying to hold on to her tears.
[Move to J5 and glomp Mirevina]

"I'm sorry...We couldn't do anything...." Whenever or not she knew this was a dream she didn't care as she ranned towards her fallen ally and gave her a big hug. It was strange for her since she never knew the texture of her skin nor the feeling of her armor and she felt it like the Yipe woman was near.
She blinked and made herself a little experiment to make sure this wasn't a dream, she gropped Mirevina's breast with her hand and felt the skin "I-It's cold....Like when we burried you...."

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster

The last thing Faith remembered was no longer being able to contain her Chi energy. Having already relied upon the ability during battle before hand she had overexherted herself. She had barely made it to the requested location with the spirit energy hoisted above her, and in haste she had to lower it upon sphere. Faith had been none the wiser to the blinding light that engulfted the area... yet she experiened an overwhelming power. Already exhausted, Faith was unable to cling onto conciousness...

It was hard to tell how long she was out for... but when she opened her eyes she was greeted by the sight of her grandfather who sat at her bedside. The thick streaks of grey in his short cobalt hair, the scruffy beard and the faded eyes were just as she remembered on the old man. Despite the weathered features and the wrinkles, he was still a powerful man, often clad in armour and walking with a straight back with a pride in his step. In the night however he dressed in more light yet ornate clothing, and often came to Faith's bedside in the night to read her a story until peaceful slumber would take her.

"Fell asleep again did yer'?" The old man laughed when Faith rubbed her eyes and yawned. Her grandfather had such a commoners accent, very unlike the rest of her noble family. His journeys had taken him to many foreign lands and his own accent had been lost in the wind. A small price to pay for all the fame the old man had recieved in his lifetime, the only real true fighter to be born of her family's name. "I was just about to leave yer' in peace. You always have a habit of wakin' up just before I go."
"Please... don't leave yet." Faith spoke through a yawn, gently grasping her grandfather's arm. "You didn't finish the story..." Faith gently yelped, her voice was that of her younger self. "Prince Robin was about to slay the evil beast... it was so exciting."
"So exciting it sent you to sleep..." Her grandfather softly laughed, running a firm hand through her hair. "Don't worry little squog, there's always tomorrow."

"Don't go... please." Faith whispered. Knowing what she knew now, this would be the last time she ever saw her Grandfather alive.
"I have to go Faith. Close your eyes and go to sleep. It'll be a new bright day in the mornin'... and I'll see yer' tomorrow when it comes."
Darkness began to slowly envelop the room as her Grandfather stood up. Faith reached for his arm once more but could not reach, feeling some hidden force restrain her in place.
"Please... don't go. I..." The last sight Faith had was of her Grandfather's honest smile... and all turned to darkness until Faith's hands before her eyes faded into nothingness.
"... I miss you..." Faith whispered, hearing her own voice as it is now.

--

Faith grimaced, senses and feeling returning to her body where her sight did not. A dream, nothing more. Faith pushed herself up off the ground, her face stoic, the only real expression most of the party had seen from her. She remained flat on her knees, taking a deep breathe to focus. Feeling her surroundings with her chi she realised they were not the same number as before. She could hear the breathing of all the party members, knowing who was amongst their presense just a moment before speaking began.

Her focus was on Madelyn, listening to make sure she was alright. After being rescued, she and her safety was her main priority for the time being. To her surprise however she felt the familiar presense of another. One she thought was lost in the previous battle.
"Mirevina?" Faith whispered, a hint of disbelief within her tone.

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster

"You're ali- you're here! Good to see ya again. Have a fun time clawing out of that grave?"

"G-grave...?" Mirevina looked down at the ground and then at her own hands. Grave... she was buried?

But.. why?

"Mirevina!" The surprise was evident in Aria's voice as she jumped to her feet, but there was something else there. "You're alive...?"

Mirevina pat herself briefly, before nodding her head. "Yes, I'm alive!... as much as I can be, I suppose. Why is.. everyone so surprised about this?"

"Do you know what happened here?"

Mirevina took a glance around. Her friends laid out, in various states of consciousness. A strange container. One very dead woman. "...I... wish I did.. where did Felandren and the orcs go?"

"And those people... who attacked us! The lava.. what.. where.." She mumbled about, having trouble recalling the apparent last moments of her life...

Aria picks up and reads the orders...

Rinah's Orders said:
Rinah-
Your orders are simple. Secure the single wood elf among the traveling group led by the black-haired crusader. She is the only prisoner requested to be captured alive. The others may be spared or killed at your leisure.

Carry out this task for the Coalition and you will have secured the dark elf leaders' assistance in our conquest of Gridenia. Her forces may be small, but they are crafty and will hinder the mobilization of the Gridenian forces against our great Coalition.

Also, try not to let the words of your father affect you too much. He is a beloved hero of our people, but age has not been kind to him. I would not take his warning to heart. You are in control of your own destiny. Nothing can stop you.

Do your nation proud.

-Commodore Tatius
________________________________________​

"I'm sorry...We couldn't do anything...."

"Hruph!" Mirevina grunted as she was glomped, catching Avita and hugging her. "H-hello.."

She blinked and made herself a little experiment to make sure this wasn't a dream, she gropped Mirevina's breast with her hand and felt the skin "I-It's cold....Like when we burried you...."

"I...hwa?!" she froze as she was groped, letting out a high-pitched gasp. "Avita!? S-stop that!"

She backed away from the fish-girl, holding her by the shoulders. "It's okay... I'm alive! You don't need to feel me up or anything, please."

She took a moment to catch her breath and take in her surroundings. Something about this place... was familiar to her. "...where.. is this?"

Looking at the dead person on the floor, she had only to look at her bloody runeblade to know who had delivered the killing blow. "...ah.."

"....I... what did...I.."

"Tuff? Tuff! Come out! Sa... Make some type of noise if you're stuck!"

*twitch*

*twitch* *twitch*

Ollia's prone form suddenly moved.. as if on its own. Then after a few more seconds, something emerged out from the ground underneath her..

Tuff emerged, most of the grime on him now cleaned off... except for a very obvious new stain. He rolled over towards Thraso, looking up at her with his tiny beady eyes. He began to nudge her leg continuously.

"Jai..lara..."

Madelyn's eyes opened and she was staring upward at the sky. "....a dream..?" She recognized almost immediately that what she had seen while she was unconscious was caused by the Spirit Gla-

The Spirit Glass... Alchana!

"....Alchana! She.." Madelyn sat up looked around herself, seeing some rather odd images. "M-Mirevina..?!"

The cursed knight nodded. "Yes, crusader. It's me... are you alright?"

"You... this has to be a dream, right? I must still be dreaming... the vision- of Jaira and Jailara.."

"..no. No, this is too real. Mirevina... you're supposed to be.. you were killed in the fight near the old keep. Right in front of our eyes!"

"K-killed?" Mirevina uttered..

Madelyn go to her feet... "I'll explain later. We need to free Alchana right now. She's trapped inside that container."

"...that thing? Goodness, it doesn't look rather comfy."

Madelyn looked around on the ground until she spotted it. The Spirit Glass... except, it was no longer dark and corrupted. The orb was a vivid blue color and had bright clouds surrounding it. It was cursed no more! "Ollia.. you did it!"

"....I huh..." Ollia said groggily, opening an eye but not moving her body. "...did.. wha now.."

The crusader wasted no time at all, rushing over to the container, Spirit Glass in hand. It felt warm now, clear of invasive magic. "It's time to end this debacle..!"

The lich stared long and hard at Alchana, growling softly as the bandit acted in defiance. "You miserable little creature... I will make you beg for death!" it said, raising its skeletal hand and charging a spell..

"....heh. We'll have to take a rain check on that, good sir."

"...what?!"

ck-chunk!

The Lich roared in defiance, shielding its face from the light and shrieking out in anger... "YOUU... ERGH... DAMN YOUUU! THIS IS NOT THE END! THIS IS NOT-"

The container holding Alchana would suddenly fall apart neatly, revealing the bandit's contorted body. With room to move, the weary Alchana would eventually begin to unfold by herself..

"Alchana!!" Madelyn cried out, kneeling beside her friend and holding her gingerly. She was moist all over... and cold.

"Say something, please... are you alright? Are you hurt?"

Mirevina walked over, kneeling beside the two of them. "...she's alive."

She smiled, putting her hand on Madelyn's. "I'm certain of this. I can sense it. It's.. part of my 'granted' powers."

Madelyn looked to Mirevina, smiling wide and lip quivering. "Yes... and.. you are too."

"It sure looks that way."

"The goddess must've heard my plea.." she said, hugging Alchana tightly and kissing her on the forehead.

"Ollia.. I'm so sorry for threatening you earlier.. we couldn't have done this without you."

"..." Ollia lifted her head up weakly, looking over at Madelyn.

"Oh.. w-was nothin.." she said, her voice still weak.

"...thassa... heroine's.. job.. after *cough* all.."

Continuing Exploration Phase~

Continuing Exploration Phase~

Welcome to level 6! New perk selections are now available for every character who leveled up last fight.

HIDDEN PERK DISCOVERED: UNDYING

Every character has access to a hidden perk, but the properties of the perk will normally not be revealed until certain conditions are met. In this case, Mirevina dying has revealed her special perk, unique to her only.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster

"Madelyn!" Faith called. Her grogginess was replaced with a sudden sense of alert and dread. The moment she heard Ollia speak she knew something was amiss, and each passing moment only confirmed her fears. Each word from Ollia became more raspy than the last, and soon Faith could hear the strain within each breathe.
"Ollia is hurt." Faith further addressed, shifting to Ollia's side.

Regretably Faith had no training nor skill in medicine and healing past the use of certain potions. However she still came to her side, being careful not to move her in fear of aggrivating her wounds.
"Try not to move Ollia." Faith whispered, tearing off a small section of her trousers at the shin to form a very make-shift cloth. With a careful hand she let her fingers find her face. When her fingers brushed against Ollia's fringe, ever so gently she let her hand trace downwards, letting her fingers softly trace down over the new found allies features.

Faith managed a small smile, now having a map of Ollia's face, knowing roughly what she looked like and picturing it within her head. She gently wiped the make-shift cloth over Ollia's forehead before wiping the blood from her lip that she had felt with a tender touch.
"Just rest here for a moment. Madelyn will help you." Faith tried to assure their wounded comrade. Faith looked in the general direction of Madelyn where she heard her voice, calmly motioning her to come.

(Choosing Beatdown for new Perk)

Last edited:

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
DeviantArt Username
Unrelatedpants

Just as Alchana had begun readying herself to simply disconnect, to try to accept and endure the torture she was about to receive... that devil said.. something.. and everything went white!
Her mind was so close to giving up, her body was starting to lose feeling from the cold and twisting.. and.. she felt air. Warm air.. her skin feeling like a million needles poking into it all at once as heat penetrated into her, restoring feeling..

...and with it, the burning and soreness as her body screamed out at the contortion that she had just suffered! She wasn't sure if she even could move, and she didn't want to try, only to lie there and try to recover..
Until she felt hands upon her, moving her about and starting to lift her up!

"Aagh.. M-Maddie..? I'm.. I'll... nh! live.. Is everyone else..?"
Her eyes scanned back and forth, mostly just seeing the crusader's concerned face.. and.. Mirevina.

Cursed friend, huh..

"Just.. need rest.."

Exhaustion took over immediately as Alchana closed her eyes again, head going limp..

...and that's when the memory finally caught up with her. That.. ratfucking bastard.

Ye've come a long way, Annah. Surprisin'ly far fer a lass who so markedly objects to learnin' from 'er past.

He had a name, sure. Most people just called him "Red" for.. rather obvious reasons. The great and fantastic red wizard, knowledgeable sage, solver of problems!

The biggest fraud she'd ever met. But a damn good thief. Or at least, good in the eyes of a young and naive wood elf looking to do more than just survive. It was the line crossed into professional thievery, the search for the big job that'd let them go their separate ways and retire comfortably. And they had found it!

Until she triggered that petrification trap into the gallery. She could practically smell the perfumes on that noble once more as she was taunted, hands tracing her contours as her body slowly started to pose itself into how it would harden, the latest addition..

She forced herself with everything she had to try to forget that.. as it now carried other connotations.. being slowly tortured by Jaira, helpless to stop Tylissa's death, being stuck as a silent sentinel in Leritherd's hallway..

Hah! More like not wantin' to admit just who saved yer ungrateful elven hide!

Was this a fever dream.. or had the rod pulled someone from her past once more? ..that devil, she corrected herself. The rod was nothing but a receptacle for that fiend. Still.. she couldn't help but get angry at that...

Ungrateful..? You know damn well I went back and murdered that jackass for what he did to you!

Yeh, and then-- Never mind! If yer genna be that way about it, just consider this makin' it even.

Alchana had always had a little bit of magical affinity, Bredren had said. Not enough to join into the druids, but maybe enough to work with the rangers.. speaking with the forest to track their foes supernaturally after proper training and guidance. It was information she mostly dismissed at the time.. she had no interest in fighting back then, not for anything! Their village was secluded, they thought themselves safe..

Hey, focus!

Red.. wasn't a mage at all. At least not in the sense that anyone around him thought. No training, no great power.. just a little bit of magical blood in his family tree somewhere. If he and A'na had found themselves in a magic academy, they'd probably both have been measured at the same magical level.. and both turned away.

Heh.. So you finally figured it out, after all?

The amazing part was that anyone fell for that accent in the first place. Seriously, where the hell were you even pretending to be from?

Oh, hush, you know you were just as fooled. Look.. you know this business has always been about finding what works and rolling with it on the spot.. It's a line of work that doesn't tolerate failure very well.

A line of work I left behind, Red...

You've learned a lot since the last time.. but you're no better at lying to me. Noble context or no, you're still skulking about and stealing, eh?

Back and forth, for what felt like entirely too long...

..but when she opened her eyes again, she realized she knew exactly how he was faking it.

(Alchana learns Plagiarism!)

Taveren

Avid Affiliate

Mirevina's return had left Aria full of questions but the body at her feet, and the orders she held raised more important ones. Black-haired crusader? Single wood elf? Only prisoner? There was little doubt that they were Rinah's target.

"G-grave...?" Mirevina looked down at the ground and then at her own hands. Grave... she was buried?

But.. why?

Mirevina pat herself briefly, before nodding her head. "Yes, I'm alive!... as much as I can be, I suppose. Why is.. everyone so surprised about this?"

Mirevina took a glance around. Her friends laid out, in various states of consciousness. A strange container. One very dead woman. "...I... wish I did.. where did Felandren and the orcs go?"

"And those people... who attacked us! The lava.. what.. where.." She mumbled about, having trouble recalling the apparent last moments of her life...

"Hruph!" Mirevina grunted as she was glomped, catching Avita and hugging her. "H-hello.."

"I...hwa?!" she froze as she was groped, letting out a high-pitched gasp. "Avita!? S-stop that!"

She backed away from the fish-girl, holding her by the shoulders. "It's okay... I'm alive! You don't need to feel me up or anything, please."

She took a moment to catch her breath and take in her surroundings. Something about this place... was familiar to her. "...where.. is this?"

Looking at the dead person on the floor, she had only to look at her bloody runeblade to know who had delivered the killing blow. "...ah.."

"....I... what did...I.."

"Well... after the battle at the crossing..." Aria trailed off, partially distracted by the orders, and partially because she wasn't sure how to put things delicately. "You're insides, well they became your outsides and..." As Avita chimed in, Aria found herself more engrossed in the papers she held.

Her expression darkened the more she read, her brow creasing in anger. How could they be cast aside so easily? How devious was the plot that they had happened upon. Her hands shook with a rising fury that threatened to rend the papers she held. The conquest of Gridenia. The Coalition. The dark elves...

The dark elves...?

Aria paused, the tension drained from her face and she lowered the papers. There was something else about them. It was hazy but it clung to the fringes of her memory. Every time she tried to focus on it, it slipped through her mind's grasp like wisps of smoke. The end of Gridenia? Had it been a...

Madelyn's eyes opened and she was staring upward at the sky. "....a dream..?"

The container holding Alchana would suddenly fall apart neatly, revealing the bandit's contorted body. With room to move, the weary Alchana would eventually begin to unfold by herself..

"Alchana!!" Madelyn cried out, kneeling beside her friend and holding her gingerly. She was moist all over... and cold.

"Say something, please... are you alright? Are you hurt?"

Mirevina walked over, kneeling beside the two of them. "...she's alive."

She smiled, putting her hand on Madelyn's. "I'm certain of this. I can sense it. It's.. part of my 'granted' powers."

Madelyn looked to Mirevina, smiling wide and lip quivering. "Yes... and.. you are too."

"It sure looks that way."

"The goddess must've heard my plea.." she said, hugging Alchana tightly and kissing her on the forehead.

(move to F5)

Aria looked up sharply as the box opened. A sense of relief flooded through her as Alchana was released and her body slowly unknotted itself. Even trying to imagine what the wood elf had gone through left her feeling disgusted. Getting to her feet, Aria moved to reassure Madelyn, "She is alive. It seems the person responsible, this Rinah, never intended to take her life, only her freedom." Those words left a bitter taste in her mouth as her eyes traveled to the bloodied body.

"Those instructions only extended as far as Alchana though, and there's more... This was but one move in a grander scheme between the dark elves and the Coalition to end the Gridenian Empire."

(Aria learns Mass Dispel.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom