The Blades of Kriegmar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster

"W-who...?" she managed to rasp out...

The face of the apparition came closer to Alchana, filling her already addled mind with deep dread. Its icy fingers furled around her neck.. and its cold, glowing eyes peered deep inside of her...

"......ah. And it appears you have... 'baggage'."

Ir gave a cold and airy chuckle.

"Lots... and lots of baggage."

Its fingers moved to her chest.. gripping cold would take hold over her body, causing her to go rigid. And then...

The elf could see something rising out from her chest... something fleshy and pulsing... a heart. HER heart!

"Touched by the void... enthralled by a demonic artifact.."

It gently brushed its fingers over her heart. With each touch, Alchana could feel her breath seizing..

"and your past..."

It chuckled again, slamming Alchana's 'heart' back down into her body. She could feel an inkling of warmth return to her, but not much.

"You are quite the pathetic creature, aren't you?"

"Perhaps not, but it is strongly evident that you know something. I suggest you share your knowledge with my ally and I would reccomend in haste as that is her friend trapped in there."

"I-I honestly d-don't know much though..." Ollia said, still scared for her life at this point.

"Waaait!!" screamed the girl at the two of them. She turned to Madelyn and said "Don't be mean to her...Look! She is scared"

*plonk*

"She's..."

"....."

"We lost the Yipe woman already....Let's not make more corpses for now...." The big purple eyes of Avita stared deep into the crusader trying to gain her symphaty, she wasn't sure what this woman was or where she came from. But all Avita saw was a scared woman trying to attack another scared woman.

"....I.."

"Drippy's right," Aria added as she got to her feet and slowly moved between Madelyn and Wise Ass. "She can't tell us anything if you fill her with holes." She slowly raised a hand toward Madelyn's sword, attempting to ease it aside with a finger. It was far easier to think and remain calm with one less distraction.

"...." Madelyn after a few seconds, dropped her blade. A long sigh escaped her lips and she hunched over, looking exhausted.

She placed a hand on her face. "Goddess... what was I.."

"...." Ollia seemed to calm down as well, lowering her hands and her body stopping with the shivering. "Ahh..."

"...I'm sorry.." Madelyn said a few seconds later, looking to Ollia. Her voice had returned to normal, no longer threatening. In fact, she sounded a bit more like she did before she became a crusader... "I let my anger get the best of me. And.. I acted rashly.."

Ollia let out a sigh of relief, raising a hand to scratch the back of her head. To think, she was only inches away from being skewered.

And yet, there was something sincere about this woman who had nearly just killed her. The passion she acted with out of concern for her friend. The ferocity with which she acted- willing to threaten someone else's life just to save her. And then.. the guilt. Immediately regretting what she had done. And even apologizing moments after. It made an impression on the young student.

"....No."

"It's okay... I see why you did what you did. You're concerned for your friend.. and I haven't explained myself yet. You don't need to be sorry for that."

"So.." she said, addressing everyone near her. "L..Like I said earlier, the paranormal activity in this area is off the charts."

"And since I normally pass through the northern part of this swamp on the way back to my quarters, I thought it'd be a great idea to set up an experiment!"

"And I did just that! I went into the grove directly northwest of here and set up my equipment, got to work and crafted the spell to make it easier to detect things like ghosts and spirits and spooky stuff!"

Ollia chuckled nervously. "Aaaand uh.. then I took a nap.."

"See all this fog?" she continued, after clearing her throat. "Well, this is a result of me letting that spell linger on without any control. The fog is supposed to help 'illuminate' ectogenic material!"

"Um..."

"Oh. Basically, it means the fog was supposed to make it easier to see ghosts and stuff."

"But.. there's so much of it now. I think it may have gotten out of hand and well... upset some of the local wildlife."

"That explains why were attacked so viciously.." Madelyn said sadly. "But.. what about those strange tentacle creatures?"

"Those... are a bit harder to explain" Ollia said, crossing her arms. "You see, any mage worth their salt runs a risk of attracting other-worldly forces if they use too much magic in a concentrated area.."

"...so I guess that's what happened since I dozed off. Those things that attacked you are from a different dimension entirely.. not of this world. I could go into more detail but.. it'd take hours to explain."

"And I'm not sure how long your friend has, trapped inside that box!"

"Yes.. so what do you know about that?"

"Well.. not a lot, I'm afraid" she said, unfolding her arms and looking a the contraption. "I've.. only heard rumors about these devices. Conjecture and second-hand information..."

"...apparently, they're used as prisons for beings of immense power who are too strong for normal prisons and dungeons to incarcerate... or at least, that's what they were used for."

"'Were'...?"

"Yeah..." Ollia said, sounding a bit frightened of what she was thinking about. "Uh... a-apparently, there are rumors going around that they're now being used to imprison and punish students who don't take their studies seriously too.."

".....wha?! But isn't that a bit cruel?!"

Ollia remained silent for a second, placing a hand on the box.

"...a lot of things have been changing about the academy as of late. And... I didn't really see it myself until recently."

"I guess I even tried to doubt it was happening... because I was benefiting from the changes myself.."

"Benefiting from the misery of others..?"

"Y-yes.." Ollia said, in a sort of gasp. She put a hand to her mouth, her eyes widening.

"..great Proculitus... h- how could.."

Madelyn shook her head, and then placed a hand on Ollia's shoulder. "You can seek redemption starting now. Help us figure out how to open this thing!"

"....."

"Yeah..." The realization of how she had been living the past half-year or so finally dawned on Ollia. All those rumors and facts she was ignoring... they were all true. Every single one of them. And she had been playing into their hands all along.

Was she going to remain a willing and submissive pawn to these tyrants? Furthering their agenda of terror?

No way! A real hero of justice would never be someone's pawn to be used to further their power. She had to do something about this.. and it would start now!

"OKAY!" Ollia said in a raised voice, thrusting out her chest proudly. She then flashed a thumbs up sign in Madelyn's direction. "I'll do whatever I can to help your slimy elf friend, Alchemy!"

"...that's Alchana."

"..er.. right! Arcana! That's what I said!"

*sigh* "Just... let's hurry this up, okay?"

Thraso investigates the object on the ground, where she finds...

A Battleaxe of Courage!

This long two-handed poleaxe fits well in the hands of a seasoned warrior. Inscribed on the axe's shaft is a eulogy.

Battleaxe of Courage said:
Crafted in honor of Jarius. He who had courage when we lesser men did not. You who gave your life on the field so that we cowards could live and continue on. In your name, I will slay as many Lerithians as I can with this mighty weapon, until I am consumed by the battlefield as well. Maybe then I will be able to gain back a small inkling of my honor that I lost that fateful day.

Kromaxus
Benefit: Attack range increased by 1. Successful fear attacks on you while wielding this weapon have a 50% chance to fail.

Thraso is hurt by poison! (305/250 HP)

Aria's Dispel Magic is cast on herself.... and then bounces away due to her Redirect spell! With no specified target, it simply bounces randomly out into the distance...

Aria is hurt by poison!
(65/175 HP)

Ollia peered over the box for the next few minutes, summing it up and doing a lot of "Hmmm"ing and scratching her head. Finally after some time had passed, she stood up straight and crossed her arms. "Okay.. well first, if any of you have any sort of magical focus... I could really use it right now."

CONTINUE PLAYER PHASE

CONTINUE PLAYER PHASE

Sickerton

Content Creator

After a wrench from the mud and a bit of wiping off, Thraso had in her hands a brand new weapon!

Well, 'New' being a relative turn here, what with the weathering and partial rusting and all. But that didn't bother her. If anything, it added character.

Setting her warhammer aside for a moment, she tested the heft of this new axe. A little more awkward due to the sheer length setting the main weight further away; but on the other hand, there being less inherent mass to a blade than a hammer head evened things out somewhat. Pretty alright.

She gave it a couple swings, to make sure that the choppy part wasn't about to just fly off, then once properly satisfied brought it up closer for inspection.

Eh. The etchings were a tad fancy for her tastes, but it could be handy to have a companion to Ol' Reliable. Worth giving a test run or two at the very least.

With a bit of a smile the scarred woman took both of her weapons and hoisted them up, resting each against a shoulder as she made her way back to the main group (as well as their communal storage bag).

Trodding her way behind the new mage, she leaned over the smaller girl to ask the others present:

"Sooo, we ready to kill her yet?"

A slight nod of the head toward her new weapon.

"I got an axe."

(Use two movement phases to move to J4, equip Battleaxe of Courage and store Iron Warhammer)

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster

Something had been itching at Faith's senses. She half listened to what was going on whilst her mind wandered towards what could be lurking further within the mist. It was only when she listened to the green haired girl known (not to Faith) as Ollia that she realised it may be the experiment she spoke of. For the most part the unusual fog clouded her senses, leaving her as blind as it where as her friends. It was something she held no liking to. The monk had accepted her loss of sight long ago as she had found a means to 'see' in other ways, through sound and touch even before she mastered her chi energy and her senses. Faith couldn't help but feel however that there was something else out there, and her curiosity was beginning to get the best of her.

"I got an axe."

"I... do not think that is neccessary. I believe this young woman is trying to assist us." Faith noted, quietly ashamed that she personally had not caught the name of this new guest unlike the others.

"We have three magic users amongst us who may be able to help. I fear what I am capable of is not magical in its orgins." Faith noted, realising she could not really offer any more assistance then she desired. "As such, I will continue to explore the area, make sure there are no more aggressive creatures that may interupt you. Please find a means to release Alchana from this contraption, my fear grows the longer we delay." Faith said, though given her stoic expression it was hard to tell if Faith was feeling anything at all.

When she was finished speaking, Faith headed off, first heading North-West to see if she could locate the origins of the experiment or anything else for that matter.

(Move to D2)

Taveren

Avid Affiliate
"I-I honestly d-don't know much though..." Ollia said, still scared for her life at this point.

*plonk*

"She's..."

"....."

"....I.."

"...." Madelyn after a few seconds, dropped her blade. A long sigh escaped her lips and she hunched over, looking exhausted.

"...." Ollia seemed to calm down as well, lowering her hands and her body stopping with the shivering. "Ahh..."

"...I'm sorry.." Madelyn said a few seconds later, looking to Ollia. Her voice had returned to normal, no longer threatening. In fact, she sounded a bit more like she did before she became a crusader... "I let my anger get the best of me. And.. I acted rashly.."

Ollia let out a sigh of relief, raising a hand to scratch the back of her head. To think, she was only inches away from being skewered.

Aria offered a reassuring smile as Madelyn lowered her blade. Ollia might be annoying, but she hadn't threatened them and at the very least she seemed to have answers. With a little patience, they might all learn something useful.

Ollia chuckled nervously. "Aaaand uh.. then I took a nap.."

"See all this fog?" she continued, after clearing her throat. "Well, this is a result of me letting that spell linger on without any control. The fog is supposed to help 'illuminate' ectogenic material!"

"Um..."

"Oh. Basically, it means the fog was supposed to make it easier to see ghosts and stuff."

"But.. there's so much of it now. I think it may have gotten out of hand and well... upset some of the local wildlife."

"That explains why were attacked so viciously.." Madelyn said sadly. "But.. what about those strange tentacle creatures?"

"Those... are a bit harder to explain" Ollia said, crossing her arms. "You see, any mage worth their salt runs a risk of attracting other-worldly forces if they use too much magic in a concentrated area.."

"...so I guess that's what happened since I dozed off. Those things that attacked you are from a different dimension entirely.. not of this world. I could go into more detail but.. it'd take hours to explain."

That patience didn't last long and Aria soon found herself crouched by the box, only picking up on parts of the endless stream of words. Like most typical arcane academics, this Ollia, this Rooster had a way of making things more complicated than they needed to be. It was just those prestigious warriors that spent days listing their accomplishments and titles rather than letting their work speak for itself. The arcane arts, like martial arts, was a feeling, something acquired by practice, not prose.

"Well.. not a lot, I'm afraid" she said, unfolding her arms and looking a the contraption. "I've.. only heard rumors about these devices. Conjecture and second-hand information..."

"...apparently, they're used as prisons for beings of immense power who are too strong for normal prisons and dungeons to incarcerate... or at least, that's what they were used for."

"'Were'...?"

"Yeah..." Ollia said, sounding a bit frightened of what she was thinking about. "Uh... a-apparently, there are rumors going around that they're now being used to imprison and punish students who don't take their studies seriously too.."

".....wha?! But isn't that a bit cruel?!"

Ollia remained silent for a second, placing a hand on the box.

"...a lot of things have been changing about the academy as of late. And... I didn't really see it myself until recently."

"I guess I even tried to doubt it was happening... because I was benefiting from the changes myself.."

"Benefiting from the misery of others..?"

"Y-yes.." Ollia said, in a sort of gasp. She put a hand to her mouth, her eyes widening.

"..great Proculitus... h- how could.."

Madelyn shook her head, and then placed a hand on Ollia's shoulder. "You can seek redemption starting now. Help us figure out how to open this thing!"

"....."

"Yeah..." The realization of how she had been living the past half-year or so finally dawned on Ollia. All those rumors and facts she was ignoring... they were all true. Every single one of them. And she had been playing into their hands all along.

Was she going to remain a willing and submissive pawn to these tyrants? Furthering their agenda of terror?

No way! A real hero of justice would never be someone's pawn to be used to further their power. She had to do something about this.. and it would start now!

"OKAY!" Ollia said in a raised voice, thrusting out her chest proudly. She then flashed a thumbs up sign in Madelyn's direction. "I'll do whatever I can to help your slimy elf friend, Alchemy!"

"...that's Alchana."

Aria began to feel light headed as Ollia continued to cluck on. At least she was on the right subject, though it was anything but positive. The Academic reminded her all too well of the warriors that came from high places, those that were gifted and lorded it over their peers, oblivious and ignorant to the struggles of those around them. It was nauseating, but it was something Aria could live with. Just as those who were born without talent or prestige couldn't help the way they were, this Rooster likely couldn't help from loving the sound of her own voice.

Ollia peered over the box for the next few minutes, summing it up and doing a lot of "Hmmm"ing and scratching her head. Finally after some time had passed, she stood up straight and crossed her arms. "Okay.. well first, if any of you have any sort of magical focus... I could really use it right now."

"Use this, Rooster!" Aria responded on the heels of the request while pushing her staff into Ollia's hands almost too excitedly. It was a wonder she had finally stopped talking and decided to do something. With the prospect of undoing the boxes magic in mind, Aria stepped back to make some space. Standing up a little too fast, she nearly lost her balance but quickly caught herself.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
DeviantArt Username
Unrelatedpants

Alchana could only watch at this point, only feel the way her chest seized up as this.. THING toyed with her heart...

There's.. no way.. t-this has to be.. a dream... Have to.. wake.. up...

Even if she were to take this as real.. she didn't even know how to respond to that. All the times she could have fallen, the problems that could have been solved with a slit throat here, some poison there, and yet, she did her best to keep to the path of good, for Madelyn's sake. And yet, despite that... there was a demon inside her. There was.. whatever the hell those squid things did to her!

No.. she had to endure this, like she had to endure everything else. Sometimes, it was all she could do.

"...no," she rasped out again. "Part of me.. but.. doesn't.. define me..!"

Regardless of what external forces were trying to make their mark.. deep down there was the same Alchana who had faced off against Jaira and kept her will. That fire was not so easily extinguished!

Baku|Haku

Casual Client

"...that's Alchana."

*Avita smiled widely as she saw that both the scared girl and Madelyn have made amends aparently, she hadn't noticed before but the green haired one was pretty cute and whore no pants showing her legs, this pleased the atlantian a lot as she stare deep into her eyes. As she discussed further more things that she didn't understand she placed her trident on the ground and waved to the girl.
She was worried about the elf tough, she was a bit of a meanie and got mad when she was close to Maddelyn and kind of a impediment for her plans. But she was kind of cool and she couldn't help but to want to help anyone in distress even if that person is a meanie.
She couldn't help but to think she forgot something...

The talking rock!! Gasping loudly she grabbed her trident and went to attent the rock she left to fall "Sorry, Sorry...I was um..."
She looks at the rock waiting for a reply. Since Thraso wasn't there a voice would not come out of it but the naive atlantian did not know that "Don't be mad at me..." she poked the rock "Awww, You are mad at me so that's why won't you talk?" she stare at the rock waiting for a reply.

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster

Battleaxe of Courage equipped! Thraso for some reason feels a lot more at ease with this old weapon in her hands...

"I got an axe."

"No!" Madelyn responded brusquely in Thraso's general direction. "No one else is going to die while I still breathe.."

"Thank the gods for that..."

"Er.. so about that focus! Or foci."

Thraso is hurt by poison! (295/250 HP)

Faith- as you creep into the clearing that Ollia was talking about, you begin to definitely make out some sort of object in front of you. However, due to your blindness the shape of, and purpose of the object remain unclear. Perhaps if you took a full turn to investigate your surroundings, you could better make out what is before you with your other senses.

(Full-turn investigate required to reveal area.)

"Use this, Rooster!"

"Hey, tha-"

"Wait a minute.. rooster? That's a new one... er..."

"Say- you don't look so good, ricey. Here, how about I help you out a little?"

Ollia uses Summoner's Touch!

Aria was cured of her poison!

"My services come free of charge, of course!"
______________________________________________________________​

"So you say.." the skull in the hood responded, raising a skeletal finger in the air. "...but I believe we have need of a second opinion.. hm?"

It suddenly placed its finger down on Alchana's chest.. and once again, she would feel utter cold. Wrapping around her body like a freezing blanket, with a tugging motion against her upper chest. Pulling... and pulling until..

Blinding pain filled her world as she felt a part of her being ripped away... what exactly that was would not be clear to her for the next few moments as she tried to regain her focus... but after a few seconds.. she could see something floating above her..

"Ho..! So the demon inhabits an object... that explains why it wasn't powerful enough to completely possess you."

The skeletal being chuckled, grasping the rod with its cold hands. "But.. its origins are clearly demonic. And ancient, from what I can see."

It took a few more moments to examine the rod, and then let out an airy chuckle.

"You must've been either very foolhardy or completely accepting to let a weak artifact like THIS take roost within your body..."

"...Hmph! Big words coming from a Lich who allowed itself to be imprisoned within another dimension.."

"!"

"Sorry, Sorry...I was um..." She looks at the rock waiting for a reply. Since Thraso wasn't there a voice would not come out of it but the naive atlantian did not know that "Don't be mad at me..." she poked the rock "Awww, You are mad at me so that's why won't you talk?" she stare at the rock waiting for a reply.

The rock, or Tuff... looked up at Avita with a look of disbelief in its beady eyes.. and then without warning, it rolled over towards the fire elemental.

The stoic fire elemental had remained standing still, watching Ollia carefully... but also minding it's own business. That is until it was approached by the spherical living rock. As it was nudged by the stone, it suddenly turned in its direction.

The elemental tilted its head.

It then emitted a sound... that sounded something like a... sigh? And then.. it muttered, "...must I?"

Tuff rocked back and forth stubbornly.

"Grr.." the elemental growled... but then it let its shoulders and arms sag. "Fine. But only since you ask nice." It then turned to Avita. "You. Fish-ears. Rock not talk. Well... Rock not talk your language. But it understand. It like you. And red-hair.

The living rock rocked back and forth slowly, as if nodding in agreement.

"Rock have name. It royalty among other rocks. Raggagunstaz. It don't mind new name. But prefer old name with title."

______________________________________________________________​

"Okay! Now where was I.... ah!"

Ollia pointed the focus at the container. "Mkay... just point it here, aaaaaand channel..."

Her stance straightened, and then she began to channel her own innate magical power into the focus. The air around the area began to clear of fog...

CONTINUE PLAYER PHASE

CONTINUE PLAYER PHASE

Sickerton

Content Creator

"No! No one else is going to die while I still breathe.."

"I kinda doubt that..." the scarred woman replied back lightly. "...but I'll roll with it for now."

Thraso stood straight up once more, and after a hearty slap against Ollia's back and an exclamation of "Stay of execution!" turned...

...to finally notice the Crocotherd, previously hidden by the fog and almost nipping at her heels.

"...Hey, handbag."

"Now here's the deal..." Thraso spoke down to it, clearly and slowly. She had no delusions of this beast understanding a lick of spoken tongue, but perhaps the level tone could clue it in that she was not an immediate threat. It was also something to do while she gathered her thoughts and decided whether or not she felt like wrestling with a croc at this particular moment.

"Now you could have lunged out and taken a bite of my leg at any time up until now, so I'm guessing you're just fine floating there being a big ol' lizard doing big ol' lizard things. And I don't have any use for purple leather at this moment, so I have no reason to run you through the wringer. So you just stay there..."

She edged around the pond, keeping an eye on the creature with every step.

"And I'll... just... be seeing what's over here..."

(Use two movement phases to take the route J2 > J1 > K1 > L1 > M2 > N3 > O3 > P3 > Q3 > R3, stopping only if hitting an obstruction or attacked. If the Crocotherd takes an attack of opportunity, Thraso will instead stop in the square she was struck and Lariat it's scaly ass to the lower right of the map)

Last edited:

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster

The fog was especially thick, and Faith could not make out what was before her but knew there was definitely something there. The blind monk tilted her head slightly as what appeared to be a simple force of habit. She sensed that she had at least walked into some form of opening area amongst the trees where this mysterious object rested seemingly undisturbed. Without further delay, Faith began to focus her chi energy, looking to expand her senses to try and further understand what it was that rested before her and see if with focus she could finally 'look' as it where through the troublesome mist. Failing that... there was always the more traditional way of exploration as Faith's hands were ready to feel the area should her senses fail.

(Faith uses her full turn to investigate the area around her)

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
DeviantArt Username
Unrelatedpants

Delerium and pain was Alchana's existence once more, her body straining against itself as she could do nothing to stop the lich's action!

The sight when she came to, however...

Did.. did.. did it rip that out of me..? Is it gone..? Imprisoned in one manner, but inadvertently freed in another..?

If there was one thing Alchana had picked up in her time prior to meeting Madelyn, it was that she had to jump on even the tiniest possibility of an opportunity... and so she began to helplessly squirm, feeling the edges of her confinement with any part of her body that she could, looking for anything that might be pried, poked, pushed.. some sort of weakness!

If nothing else, she hoped that these two would keep each other distracted for a while...

Baku|Haku

Casual Client

The rock, or Tuff... looked up at Avita with a look of disbelief in its beady eyes.. and then without warning, it rolled over towards the fire elemental.

*The little atlantian sighted a bit looking at Tuff go away from her. She figures as much as many other people even back on her home town did not like spending time with her, she wishes she knew how to not let her bother her but she is unable to do so. She sits and sighs loudly.

"Grr.." the elemental growled... but then it let its shoulders and arms sag. "Fine. But only since you ask nice." It then turned to Avita. "You. Fish-ears. Rock not talk. Well... Rock not talk your language. But it understand. It like you. And red-hair.

The living rock rocked back and forth slowly, as if nodding in agreement.

"Rock have name. It royalty among other rocks. Raggagunstaz. It don't mind new name. But prefer old name with title."

___________________​

*The young atlantian blinked in disbelief at this big meanie was speaking to her now, She stood up right up and gasped at the avility of the rock. "Thraso was right! You are awesome" Avita walked towards Raggagunstaz almost skipping to sit right next to it and pet it on the head.
(Move to J-8)
She tilted her head and looked a bit further from where they were. She pointed her finger at a figure she couldn't quite make out in the mist. She tried to pick up the king of rocks like a plushie again eager to know more about this "Are you a subject to the king of the rocks to? Can he talk to other rocks? What do rocks say?" The mind of the little atlantian was burning with questions. She completly forgot about the big red fire man being a big meanie to her.

Taveren

Avid Affiliate

"Say- you don't look so good, ricey. Here, how about I help you out a little?"

Ollia uses Summoner's Touch!

Aria was cured of her poison!

"My services come free of charge, of course!"

"Hey!" Aria started, holding up her hands defensively. "It's not that bad. Just wai-" After seeing the effects of their new neon haired acquaintance's magic, Aria wasn't too sure she wanted to be the subject of her powers. The unnatural looking evidence lay far too close by. Unfortunately, it was over in a flash. Fortunately, Aria didn't feel much different. She actually felt better. It was like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

"Well who'd have thought..." she murmured as she patted herself down, making sure everything was where it should be and nothing was where it shouldn't.

"Okay! Now where was I.... ah!"

Ollia pointed the focus at the container. "Mkay... just point it here, aaaaaand channel..."

Her stance straightened, and then she began to channel her own innate magical power into the focus. The air around the area began to clear of fog...

Even with the poison lifted, Aria remained uneasy about the magic of the Rooster and took a step back before raising her hands before her to form a protective barrier. It never hurt to be careful.

(move to I5. Cast Energy Wall H5-H8)

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster

"Stay of execution!"

"Gyuhooww-HEY!" Ollia exclaimed angrily as she was slapped.

"Jerk..." She muttered as Thraso walked away.

The crocotherd looks up at Thraso with a lazy expression... and then completely ignores her as it sinks back into the marsh.

Thraso makes her way south of the swamp...

But she is suddenly ambushed by a rock serpent- that immediately wraps itself around her ankles, rooting her in place!

Thraso's poison begins to worsen... (275/250 HP)

As the sightless Faith takes a moment to sense her surroundings, she is able to make out just where and what it is exactly that she has come onto.

It was indeed the clearing that Ollia had talked about, peaceful and away from all the action down south what with the poisoned marshes and aggressive venom-spewing plants. But more interestingly, was the contraption that she came upon.

A large sphere of spirit energy hovered above a very odd-looking contraption that had floating reticules around it, defying gravity. Such was the nature of magic it seemed. The energy was throbbing, but for the moment it seemed that the growth that Ollia mentioned earlier was being contained.

For the moment, it was unclear whether the device still served a purpose or not, as the only evidence of a spectral force that Faith had encountered earlier had been the supposed ancient spirit that spoke to her and the others when they first entered the swamp.

"So! The toy can talk.."

The Lich examined the rod for a few seconds before shaking it's head. Lifting its free hand, it pressed a cold finger down onto Alchana's chest- and all at once, her moving ceased as her insides seemed to freeze up.

"Don't worry child... I've not forgotten about you. I'm simply more interested in your friend here at the moment.." it breathed out.

"Ah, impressed with the craftsmanship millenia of years old, are you? Only a few artifacts of my design exist in this world... so get a good look. Because you won't be looking at me for much longer."

"Mm? And you think you have a chance of escape? Allow me to show you just how wrong you are."

A green strand of energy shot out from the Lich's palm, striking the rod and causing it to vibrate. More and more, it shook as a green aura from the energy strand began to surround the rod. After a few more seconds, the aura rose into the air away from the rod, and began to take shape... the shape of a humanoid!

Once the shape had fully formed, it flashed and seemed to solidify... and Alchana could see who or what it was.

Someone with bright red skin and long white hair, wearing an outfit that Alchana did not recognize at all. But there was no mistaking this person's origin. Portruding out from it's forehead were two horns. And behind him, Alchana could see a tail flitting about. It was a devil. A stronger form of a normal demon.

"So you are who has been hiding in that rod... a devil! How quaint."

"..." The devil looked around himself after a few moments, moving his limbs around and grimacing hard. After a few moments, he laid eyes on Alchana.... and then smiled.

"...well. This is awkward." He said, in the rod's voice.

The fire elemental rumbled as Avita's questions started pouring in, and it growled. "Ggrrr... enough! Hate talking..."

"Hey!" Ollia piped up, hearing the convo from where she stood. "You be nice to her, okay? She's a guest in these lands!"

The fire elemental let out a long, ragged sigh.

"Hey!" Aria started, holding up her hands defensively. "It's not that bad. Just wai-"

"'Not that bad'? You were like, totally going to fall over in a few more seconds!" Ollia said, pulling her hands back and onto her hips. It seemed the focus had done it's work.

"By the way, thanks! You can have your foci back now."

Aria casts Energy Wall!

"..." Ollia look dumbfounded as an energy wall suddenly sprouted up an inch away from her face. Her breath left a foggy mark on it as she backed up a step, turning to Aria.

"....was that really necessary, lady? Sheesh."

Madelyn looked to Ollia. "So.. any progress?"

"Yeah, actually. So this box or container or whatever apparently has a way to open it. Check it out!"

On top of the shiny blue dome of the prison, there was now two hooks portruding from the top, looking like some sort of setting for something.

"Well... that wasn't there before."

Ollia chuckled, crossing her arms behind her back. "Aaaaaaand that's where we're going to probably get stuck..."

"What?!" Madelyn explained, turning to the summoner. "Why!?"

"Well.. that setting is for very specific objects you see, objects of great innate magical power. You can't just channel into it either. It has to be an object."

Madelyn placed a hand on her forehead. "Oh Goddess..."

"It's a failsafe. Whoever made these really didn't want anyone to be able to escape from them."

"Hmm.. if only we had an artifact or something.."

"....hm. Well.." Madelyn reached behind her, pulling something out of a small satchel that sat on her belt.

She then held up the Cursed Spirit Glass. "I... do have this."

"..eh?"

Ollia's eyes widened as she looked upon the Glass, as if she knew exactly what it was. "No... no! No WAY! W-where did you find that....?!"

CONTINUE PLAYER PHASE

CONTINUE PLAYER PHASE

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster

Faith could not suppress herself from letting a small a gasp escape from her parting lips when she felt the presence of the energy sphere. It levitated before her, and though Faith could not see it, she certainly felt the energy pulsating from the sphere from where she stood. The contraption was a unique one to say the least, and Faith had little understanding when it came to the subject of magic and science, especially when combined... but the energy it pulsated almost felt... familiar.

"Spirit energy..."
Faith thought aloud. The blind monk could not help but wonder...

Faith took a stance, channelling the energy within her, using her chi to once more take focus. The blind monk knew this would probably be the last time she could channel her energy until she rested, as the unique focus and the energy required was quite taxing on her. Still, for better or worse, Faith was curious about the sphere and the spirit energy it contained. Thus, she chose to take on her spirit form herself to further explore and 'see' if there was more to this device.

Once her form changed, Faith let out a sigh, taking a new stance once her Chi energy was absorbed before relaxing. Then with curious hands, Faith reached out to the energy sphere to investigate more. Perhaps she would be able to use this energy, perhaps she would be able to find a means to use the device... it was always possible something else may occur. Regardless, Faith pressed on, the hesitation evident but not enough to deter her from her actions.

(Faith uses Absorb Chi and then tries to cautiously touch the spirit energy whilst in her spirit form. )

Sickerton

Content Creator

The crocotherd looks up at Thraso with a lazy expression... and then completely ignores her as it sinks back into the marsh.

"Good..." the barbarian mumbled, keeping an eye on the purple people eater. "You don't bother me and I won't bo-"

"-OooooOOOAAAA!"

But she is suddenly ambushed by a rock serpent- that immediately wraps itself around her ankles, rooting her in place!
While her attention was focused on the croc, she paid little notice to where she was actually stepping. This came to be her downfall as another damn stony snake seized her legs, and after a moment of swaying and arm-waving...

"...Hhhht ths plrce..."

(No movement or action)

Baku|Haku

Casual Client

The fire elemental rumbled as Avita's questions started pouring in, and it growled. "Ggrrr... enough! Hate talking..."

"Hey!" Ollia piped up, hearing the convo from where she stood. "You be nice to her, okay? She's a guest in these lands!"

The fire elemental let out a long, ragged sigh.

*Avita let out a giggled and pulled her tounge at the fire red man while she said loudly "Yeah! You better not be a meanie to me you...umm...meanie!" she nodded and petted the king of the rocks once again before taking a better look the one with green hair. Her arms and legs were floppier than Faith's or Alchana so it meant she didn't do much of physical combat witch made her on the eyes of the Atlantian a bit more easy to aproach. Then again she never had any problem going towards an objective she was entrance with
But first she wanted to see the swap octopi that inhabited the stange humid lands they were in. She wondered if they were like the monsters of the deth who had sometimes fun stuff in them. Or even if they are tasty.
(Move to K5 and inspect the bodies and loot.)
Afterwards, She places herserlf in front of the green haired one and gave a big smile "You know....There are so many things I don't know of this world yet and you speak smart" she hugged the woman closely, aiming so her breast were squeezing agaist Ollia's "Maybe you can teach me and Madelyn latter?" she winked and peered over Madelyn to see how she was bearing.

She then peered over to Thraso after hearing her scream. She looked at her on the floor and shoock her head and emited a sigh, after the little ventriloquist act with the king of the rocks she tough Thraso was playing more tricks on them.

"This is not play time! We need to help the Elf woman!"

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
DeviantArt Username
Unrelatedpants

All at once her insides turned cold, and Alchana's body stopped responding to her attempts at motion!

D-damn... how'd it.. notice..?

She was left only able to watch as the source of the rod's power was finally revealed... Madelyn had told her the rod had demonic origins, but an actual devil hiding inside of it..? Her skin would be crawling if it weren't frozen in place, the bandit completely motionless except for the tiniest little breaths and the occasional strained blink.

There was no way for her to force any words out in this condition.. but there were no words for this. She needed Madelyn's help.. but how..?

Taveren

Avid Affiliate
"..." Ollia look dumbfounded as an energy wall suddenly sprouted up an inch away from her face. Her breath left a foggy mark on it as she backed up a step, turning to Aria.

"....was that really necessary, lady? Sheesh."

Aria answered Ollia's question with an equally flat and almost innocent stare. Without word, her gaze traveled to shells of the mutated fauna with disinterest. Necessary? The results largely seemed to speak for themselves. It only seemed to natural to be cautious around the rooster's magic.

She then held up the Cursed Spirit Glass. "I... do have this."

She did glance toward the Spirit Glass that had been produced, though once again she tried to maintain a distance. Better to be wary when the rooster started pecking about.

(Knowledge check Cursed Spirit Glass)​

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster

Faith uses Absorb Chi!

The energy sphere seemed to gravitate towards her once Faith took on her 'chi form'. And when she reached out to it, she would quickly realize that she had the ability to grasp and touch it, as if it was some sort of physical object. Almost as if it was a balloon or a child's play toy. Transporting the energy would be very easy in this manner...

Strange... all that seemed to remain of the tentacled creatures were tiny black stones that appeared to be very dense. You've no idea what they could be but.. touching them seems to make you feel uneasy.

"Such an odd gathering we have here now, isn't it? An elf... a devil... and a lich. Sounds like something you'd read from a book."

"Oh, I assure you... I am plenty real. And by bringing me here into this realm, you've committed a terrible mistake."

"Have I now? Perhaps you are not aware but... in this realm, all are powerless save for myself. I am the sole arbiter of the victims she brings to me."

"She?"

"None of your concern for now. All that you must know is that not even a devil like you can hope to challenge my dominion here."

The Lich's hand came down on Alchana's body once more.. and she could feel her body seize up again- but not with cold. This time, the lich targeted Alchana's veins, inflicting excruciating pain onto them, enough to make her body feel like jelly several seconds after it ended.

The Devil looked down at Alchana's suffering and scoffed. "So what, you can cast a basic create wounds spell. Ho-hum. You modern-day liches are a bit overrated, hm?"

"....."

"Bah, weirdo foreigners."

Behold, Aria! You now glance upon one of the most coveted and legendary artifacts in all the land. Even in Shodren, stories have been passed around about an orb of great power, granting its owner visions of the future. Even for one as learned as you however, you thought these tales to be just that- tales of high fantasy and legend. Never did you think there was actual truth to it, once the Crusader positively identified the object as...

"...the Spirit Glass. It has been in my possession for some time now."

The Spirit Glass! It emitted a powerful aura of energy that would go unnoticed by those not practiced in magic. Bu it wasn't what you were expecting. This aura was... ominous. Foreboding. Nothing you would have expected from the real deal. And the reason why was all too obvious. The orb itself looked cursed. Corrupted. The strange brown, gnarly growths emanating from it spoke volumes about its current condition.

"...but it's cursed. This is how we found it when we retrieved it from the Xili Temple."

"Cursed, huh? Well that is apparent. The thing seems to be super-saturated with dark energy. Have you tried giving it a good blast of your holy-moly magic?"

"Yes. But it didn't seem to work."

"I see. Hmmmmm." Ollia mused, rubbing her chin.

"I think I know what the issue is. This Spirit Glass has most likely had its energy source corrupted. And now it needs it to be refilled. But it has to be refilled with the right type of energy. And clearly, Holy magic goes right through it."

"I see..."

"Now, based on its name I would assume it's running off of Spirit energy..."

"...which yours truly just happens to be in abundance of!" Ollia said, pointing to the area to the west- where she had set up her energy experiment.

"Ah, so that is where the light is coming from!"

"Once that Glass there is purged of its dark energy, it should be easy for us to control.. and then, we can open that container and get your friend out!"

"Then let's do it! No time to waste!"

Emilia takes careful Aim...

Raggagunstaz, or Tuff as he is known to the others- begins to roll towards Thraso immediately, sensing danger!

Tuff rolls into the Rock Serpent, dealing a good amount of damage!

Thraso's poison begins to worsen... (245/250 HP)

END PLAYER PHASE
BEGIN ENEMY PHASE

The Rock Serpent holds onto Thraso tightly... fortunately, it cannot do much else in this position. But as long as it holds on to her, she won't be able to move from that spot!

END ENEMY PHASE

BEGIN PLAYER PHASE

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
DeviantArt Username
Unrelatedpants

Just as Alchana was starting to grow numb to one form of torment...
Her body wrenched and jerked.. at least, as much as it could given the confines! Pure agony pumped through every little vein she had, even ones she wasn't aware she had, and the bandit almost felt.. like she was melting?

Her troubles would probably be over too soon for the lich's liking if that were the case. ...and probably the devil's as well.

Oh, she could hear him trying to talk to her through the mental link, but his advice, if it could even be called that, left a lot to be desired. Indeed, Alchana was almost certain that thing was enjoying this, now. If only she had some way to just send her pain across that link!

You.. bastard...

Just.. hold out.. ...what else *can* I do...?

The thoughts tried to roll through her mind, but all her body could do right now was sweat, wheeze, and tremble.. not knowing what kind of torture it was going to be subjected to next, or just how long this would continue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom