1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Blades of Kriegmar

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Idoro, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Idoro

Idoro Fully Functional Staff Member Moderator

In this land....
    Where strife is eternal....
    There yet remains....
    A beacon of hope....
    For even the smallest candle....
    Shall still shine in the dark....

[​IMG]
    The forests of Galvare, near the peaks of Yuchihu, are home to many of the land's wildlife and rare fauna. This is also the only location in the world to house a temple dedicated to the worship of Sol, the Sun Goddess. The disciples of Sol are devout in their beliefs and tenets, never leaving the sanctity of their temple and never mingling with the outside world. It is here in their sanctuary that they are able to worship their goddess in peace, away from the troubles and violence of the rest of civilization.

[​IMG]
    Perhaps the most unique fact about the Disciples is that their following is composed entirely of females. Indeed, it is said that only females are able to hear the voice of Sol call out to them and bade them to seek a higher calling within her temple.

[​IMG]
    The various women within the temple come from all walks of life, and are of all ages. From children, to teens, to adults and the elderly.. no woman is too far from the reach of Sol's heavenly voice. One such girl is the young priestess Madelyn. Having been abandoned at infancy upon the doorstep of the temple, she is considered to be the youngest-ever inductee into the faith. Indeed, with no other explanation to her abandonment (Since only those who have been called are able to find the temple in the first place..) it is widely believed by the others that since birth, Madelyn was destined to be with Sol for the rest of her life.

And she had spent the first 19 years of her life as any other disciple. Nothing out of the ordinary...

[​IMG]
    ....Until today.

[​IMG]
    "Huh..?"

[​IMG]
    For on this day, Madelyn's true destiny would be revealed to her.

"Fear not child... I am the very one who you have served all of your life. I am the Goddess, Sol. All of your life you have followed the path I have laid out before you diligently."

[​IMG]
    Madelyn was startled of course, having never been contacted directly by her goddess... but the benevolent Sol comforted here, re-assuring that she was not here to punish the girl. "You have always done what has been asked of you" she said of Madelyn, "be it by your fellow sisters or otherwise. Never have you thought a single dark deed, nor have you acted in wrath, felt envy, or even let greed overtake you.. in any capacity. It is for this reason.. that I have chosen you as my champion."

"Ch-champion? Me?"

"You, more than any of your sisters are a shining example of what it means to follow the path of light. Your sisters will agree, as they have admitted to me in their prayers. And even in the face of such truth, you are humble. I could not ask for a more worthy disciple."

And so, the Goddess Sol would go on to explain to Madelyn her reasons for coming to her on this day... for she had a mission for the girl. A purpose. "Young Madelyn, this world has been overcome by entropy. War, famine, corruption... and worst of all, many are even turning to worshipping those who would tear this planet apart. I can simply not allow that to happen. So.. I have chosen you to be my hand in this world. You must become my sword, to which I may lash out at the evils of this world and vanquish them from existence."

Though the girl protested, she knew that such a responsibility could not be shirked. It must be done. It was the will of the goddess. Soon, the goddess would part from this world and leave Madelyn to her mission.

[​IMG]
    All the while, the headmistress was watching from a nearby doorway. She had been informed by the Goddess herself that this was going to happen. And she could not be more proud. Madelyn was indeed the penultimate disciple, and her peers would agree. There were none more worthy of the Goddesses' grace than her. Though she could not leave the temple, she would do all she could to help her now former student.

[​IMG]
    The headmistress had once herself lived in the outside world. Unlike Madelyn, she lived her life amongst civilization for 30 years. She had much advice to give to the girl and was even able to gather some of her old belongings for the girl's journey into the world. "Just remember, my sister" she said, placing her hand on Madelyn's chest, "you must seek the help of others in order to achieve what you set out to do. By doing so, you will influence their hearts and turn them to the side of harmony. And then, they in turn will influence others around them. In no time, you will have achieved the work of the Goddess by cleansing the souls of the common populace and turning them against evil."

Madelyn nodded, and would spend a few more days taking advice, learning how to converse, deal, what to expect and gather supplies for her trip into the outside world.

[​IMG]
    It was not long until the day came for her to leave. Though her departure was a somber one, her sisters could not be more proud. Every single woman in the temple had contributed to bringing up the little girl Madelyn.. and now, she was grown up and ready to face the world for the sake of their Goddess. She was their chosen champion. And by all that was good, she would not fail.

She could not fail...
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

BoK News

Welcome! This is the BoK roleplaying thread. If you are not currently participating, please keep all discussion to the BoK group located here. Posts in this thread from non-participants is prohibited, unless otherwise stated.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________​

INVENTORY

[​IMG] Armor Charm x1
    [​IMG] Muscipula Blossom x1
    [​IMG] Pinkanita x 1
    [​IMG] Shodren Pepper x 1
    [​IMG] Weak Magic Resistance Potion x 1
    [​IMG] Tactical Guide x 1
    [​IMG] Friado Wine x 1

9782 Gold

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  2. SplitRyona

SplitRyona Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

Dude, this is great. *arf arf*
    In what intervals do you plan to update it?

3. TheCrimsonRisk

TheCrimsonRisk Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

Amazing work, Idoro. You're doing an excellent job of establishing the setting of this world. This is a really solid origin story and your pictures are the perfect compliment.

Maddy seems like a great character. Virtuous and innocent. I look forward to her adventures, during which I'm sure nothing bad will happen to her.

4. Idoro

Pretty often, hopefully. Currently, there are 3 more stories to present before we start this off, and we're allowing for two more characters if anyone is interested. :D

Thanks! :D And yes, nothing at all... -hides tentacles-

5. Idoro

Alright, here is a map of the land that this is going to take place:

[​IMG]

I'd also like to mention that we do have 1 more spot open!

In case anyone is curious, these are the classes we have right now:

Cleric
    Rogue
    Fighter
    Sorceress
    Knight

That's all for now, see you next time!

6. Idoro

In this land....
    There yet remains....
    A beacon of hope....
    For even the most pampered and privileged....
    Can still hunger for adventure....

[​IMG]

"Friends, family and esteemed guests, it is my great, great honour to present to you the jewel of Meriarde...Lady Augustina Wilhelmina Priscilla Charlotte Ophelia Genevieve de Beaufort VII!"

[​IMG]

It was spring in the kingdom of Meriarde, a crucial time where the loveliest women in all the land were presented in the hope that a worthy suitor would come forth and claim a lucky bride for himself and his people. This tradition was originally meant to maintain peace between the kingdoms, but over the years it has become more a means of subjugation than collaboration. Lady Augustina, the youngest and most beautiful of seven daughters, refused to be a part of this cycle.

[​IMG]

The finest swordswoman in the land, Lady Augustina's displays of swordsmanship were legendary amongst those who witnessed them...which was a small group as her predilection towards combat was either frowned upon or considered ridiculous by her friends and family.

[​IMG]

In the rare occasions where she was challenged, she dispatched her foes easily. She began to grow bored with these sanctioned contests and wondered how she would fare in the outside world, for she'd never been far from the castle.

[​IMG]

She would spend hours in the library, pouring over fairy tales and myths and stories of swashbuckling adventure and the slaying of evil beasts...oh, how she dreamed of experiencing such things! In her fantasies, she named herself "Linara" and pictured herself conquering dragons.

[​IMG]

On the eve of selection day, when the suitors would present their offerings to the family in exchange for the bride's hand, Linara decided to enact her escape, which she had been planning for months. Telling no one, even her most trusted servants, she made her way over the castle walls, leaving only a cryptic note that she had paid a poor scribe to write. It said that she had been kidnapped and taken to a gathering of islands in the north.

[​IMG]

In reality, Linara was heading south, going she knew not where to find she knew not what.

[​IMG]

Free from her oppressive family and societal expectations, Linara swore she would never return to her old life until she'd made her own mark on the land. "Every step I take is a new adventure now," she told herself. "And I plan to walk all over Kriegmar. Wherever there is injustice, you shall find the sword of the invincible Linara ready to meet it."

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  7. TheCrimsonRisk

TheCrimsonRisk Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!*

8. NNin

NNin Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

Standing on a high cliff always coooooollllll

9. OverlordMomo

OverlordMomo Guest

I like the drawings. Nice work.

10. TricoNitroz

TricoNitroz Potential Patron

I'm waiting, I'm waiting... *WOOFWOOF

11. Idoro

Thanks everyone, your compliments mean a lot to me. ^_^

And without further ado, here is the next installment in the Blades of Kriegmar Introduction Series!

In this land....
    There yet remains....
    A beacon of hope....
    For even the most powerful and self-absorbed...
    Can learn the value of friendship...​

[​IMG]

Originally from the plane of Guildmar, Tylissa's upbringing has been conflicted. Only one in one hundred thousand people on this plane are born with the ability to learn and understand magic. Tylissa is one in one hundred million.

[​IMG]

When a child is born, check their hands. A flame emblem on their right hand means they are able to command the red magics of Guildmar. Fire, passion, energy. Earth. Anger. War. The energies of the Red Wizard. If the child is born with a snowflake emblem on their left hand, they are capable of harnessing many types of powers. Ice, water. Cold magics. Teleportation. Telepathy. Mind control and charm. Arcane powers. The magics of the Blue Wizard.

[​IMG]

She had both marks.

[​IMG]

Such an event was alien. Unheard of. Deemed impossible. Every other union between a red and a blue wizard (of which there had only been a handful) had borne children only disposed to one school of magic, or strangely enough, to neither. Tylissa's birth sent shockwaves through Guildmar's belief of their magic system.

[​IMG]

Just as Tylissa was old enough to begin learning her frist magics, Damalia and Bymon had a terrible fight, which led to the dissolution of their Union. Each raised Tylissa teaching her their own magics. In this way, Tylissa became adept at both red and blue schools.

[​IMG]

Tylissa concentrated on her studies at school, being the popular one due to her magical disposition. She focused on enhancing both her schools of magic, and her studies.

[​IMG]

By the age of 21, her magical abilities had gone to her head, little by little. She was the most powerful magic-caster on Guildmar, and she knew it. Her versatility made her abilities unmatched. She was the perfect foil to any matchup, none could stand to match her. Her drive to gain more and better magic enveloped her. She used anyone and anything she was able to to get what she wanted. Finally, tiring of being the best on her plane, she struck out on her own, her drive extending to absorb magics and spells from other worlds.

[​IMG]

It is this teleportation that drops her on Kriegmar...

12. Raden

Raden Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

That's great! I can't wait until she catches the beating she so richly deserves.

13. Idoro

We're almost done with the intros, folks! Only one remains after this one!

In this land....
    There yet remains....
    A beacon of hope....
    For even the strongest shield...
    May break without support...

[​IMG]
    General Lionhart. His very name is enough to inspire awe in the hearts of the squires and Royal Knights alike, and to strike fear into the hearts of all those who would threaten the safety of the citizens of his great nation. A renowned warrior in his youth, and a legendary general in later years, General Aidonis Lionhart had but one flaw...

[​IMG]
    ...He never gave birth to a son. Instead, his wife died while giving birth to their first child, a daughter.

[​IMG]
    Although he never said it outright, Valerie Lionhart was aware from a young age that she was a disappointment to him. Nevertheless she tried her best to live up to her father's expectations of an ideal son. She trained diligently in the art of swordsmanship, horseback riding, and military strategy.

[​IMG]
    While normally women aren't allowed to become knights, when she turned 18 she found a loophole. If one could best the strongest Royal Knight in a duel, one could attain knighthood without going through the usual trials. She did so under the guise of a man, and only after she was dubbed did she reveal her true identity.

[​IMG]
    Many were outraged, but the title of knight could not be revoked after it had already been granted, barring some major infraction. It was a huge controversy, but during her induction ceremony, her father had subtly given her a gruff nod of approval. That was all Valerie needed.

[​IMG]
    A few years later, although she still frequently encountered derision and hostility among her fellow knights, she had also gained much respect for her outstanding loyalty, courage, and wisdom. She was even promoted to captain of the royal guard.

[​IMG]
    One day, there is word among the knights that a priestess from a remote temple is traveling the countryside on a divine mission to vanquish a mysterious evil. Although the other knights dismiss Madelyn as some religious nut, Valerie believes in the young priestess and abandons her post in order to lend her sword and shield in aid.

14. TricoNitroz

One more, Idoro! Then come the suffering...

15. NNin

NNin Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

16. TricoNitroz

Oh hey, Idoro, can you make the alternate version of Valerie's fight against the Royal Knight? The other knight seems strong, and I don't want her to get hurt... (Crush her, Idoro. Mercilessly.)

17. CuriousHyperGamer

CuriousHyperGamer Vivacious Visitor

Woah...nice world building~
    I think this is the first time me entering in the Roleplaying Forum, and I LOVE reading it so far!
    I regret not going here sooner...how do we work or participate in this?

18. Idoro

((Thanks everyone for the compliments. After this post, the RP shall officially start so I'd like to ask everyone to take discussion chat to the group page which can be found here: http://www.ryonani.com/groups/blades-kreigmar-group.html))

The continent of Kreigmar.. a land said to be beset by eternal war...

[​IMG]

Situated in the southeastern portion of the western hemisphere, Kriegmar was home to many various sapient races. Especially those that were not found on the 7 other landmasses. Because of this, there were great many cultures that developed on the continent, leading to a great amount of diversity... and war.

Our story takes place 1000 years ago, starting in the Empire of Gridenia, then the most powerful nation of Kriegmar. In particular, the city of Zentil, the capital of the state of Garador.

[​IMG]

It is a time period of unrest and turmoil. While not at war currently, the forces of the Empire have mobilized to its borders, weakening it from the inside-out. For its citizens however, life goes on as normal.

[​IMG]

Recently, five young women had made their way to the city after deciding to embark on a journey together. While unknown to them at the moment, their actions in this land would shape the future of the entire continent..

But for now, they are simply adventurers who seek knowledge on a local artifact. An item of mysterious power that is said to be able to show its wielder the path to their dreams. Hearing that it was last seen near the town of Zentil, our heroines make their way to the city to seek its whereabouts.

[​IMG]

Madelyn: It appears we have arrived at last. Shall we take a moment to rest, or should we begin investigating right away?

[​IMG]

Tutorial: Welcome to the Blades of Kriegmar Tutorial! Right now, your characters are in exploration mode. During this time, your character has free movement until otherwise specified. You may move across the map to speak to adjacent NPCS or investigate objects. You may even speak to other party members if you wish. Please note that you may only speak or investigate once per post though!

Here are the current locations of your characters:
    Tylissa: E3
    Valerie: E4
    Alchana: F2
    Linara: F3

Once you have decided on a spot to move to, simply let me know in OOC form ((Such as in parentheses as to not break character)) and in my next post, I will respond with the NPC's reaction or the interaction with an object.

19. Raden

Raden Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

[​IMG]

(I move to D2 to read the sign.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  20. Unrelated

Unrelated Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

[​IMG]

Alchana takes a short stroll around to see what the various vendors are selling, starting at Baldy McEyepatch. ((Move to I3))

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012