text too large and cut off in flash [Ubuntu] (1 Viewer)

kinkman

Potential Patron
i'm finding in a lot of the flash games i play the text seems too large and gets cut off.

[attachimg=1]

right clicking the "show all" is checked BTW. can anyone help me with this problem?
Ubuntu 10.10, FireFox 11, with Flash 11.2.202.228

thanks

Attachments

• FlashWordsCutOff.png
    FlashWordsCutOff.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 331

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: text too large and cut off in flash [non SDT]

kinkman said:
i'm finding in a lot of the flash games i play the text seems too large and gets cut off.

[attachimg=1]

right clicking the "show all" is checked BTW. can anyone help me with this problem?
Ubuntu 10.10, FireFox 11, with Flash 11.2.202.228

thanks
What's your screen resolution.

Also, your sig... I know exactly who that is and what that's from... and it blows my mind just a little.

kinkman

Potential Patron

my ASUS monitors native resolution is 1920×1080, so that's what i'm using.
[edit] just tried 1024x768 and it's still cut off by the same amount. [/edit]

yeah that's Courtney Cummz cum covered eye's from Bakers Dozen #6 for those that don't know ;D

kinkman

Potential Patron

ok, seems this is a firefox problem. a little googling showed someone changing the view/zoom of firefox.
i tried zooming out and it made the text smaller in relation with the games frame. zooming all the way out (ctrl -)
and the text almost fit and was really, really freaking small.

firefox has been pissing me off since version 4, so i think i'm going to give Chrome a try.

kinkman

Potential Patron
Re: text too large and cut off in flash [FireFox]

i was wrong when i said it was a FireFox problem.
did the same shit in Chrome, and in a projector content debugger (stand alone player) for linux >:(

[attachimg=1]

would changing the font type used for the OS have any effect on the flash's fonts?

Attachments

• FlashWordsCutOff2.png
    FlashWordsCutOff2.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 269

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
kinkman said:
i was wrong when i said it was a FireFox problem.
did the same shit in Chrome, and in a projector content debugger (stand alone player) for linux >:(

[attachimg=1]

would changing the font type used for the OS have any effect on the flash's fonts?
You using 64 bit Linux or 32 bit, there are compatibility issues if you are using the wrong version of flash, 64 bit flash is in beta to my knowledge.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
kinkman said:
i'm using 32bit Linux. i'm guessing 64bit wouldn't even run correct?
Def not the problem you have to go out of your way to get the 64 bit.

I assume you tried googling the issue... this might be something to ask on an Ubuntu forum. I'd try complete reinstall of flash on your system. Also see if you get the same problem with the flash standalone player. I.e. download that game, run with standalone player, see if it's still the same... in this case it's likely not flash and it's something with your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.