1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tera armor Texture edit

Discussion in 'Tools & Guides' started by sebbe232, Aug 6, 2014.

1. sebbe232

sebbe232 Potential Patron

Hey I'm from Germany
    my name is Sebbe, my english is not perfect and i am new here ^^

i want to change some tera armor textures...

so tried i something to delete from the texture...but where I've deleted the texture

it is now transparent...why ? :D

can u tell me how i fix this...and what i need ?

i have

uthelper 1.3
    umodel
    umod
    decensor

i hope you can help and understand me ^^

2. pop1337

pop1337 Potential Patron

If you're referring to the Mesh files, TERA doesn't allow that (from what I've learned) which is why many people cannot edit models. Deleting Original textures in general would end with nothing because quite frankly you've deleted the Source file that is required for the Game to read it. Simply put, if you take something away it no longer exists... resulting in it not being able to be used.
    In other words, If you perhaps downloaded The decensor, for instance. And overwrote your Original files, then decided you didn't want it anymore and deleted the Decensor, there are no files to take it's place. I may not be able to Fully understand what you're saying at this point, if you mean "Reskinning" that's different (from what I understand). Reskinning is editing the . DDS files within the .GPKs but not the model itself.

3. sebbe232

sebbe232 Potential Patron

I want to delete the texture in the red marked area from the model...

have i to edit the model itself and then the texture completely new bake on the model ?

pic.jpg - directupload.net

4. pop1337

pop1337 Potential Patron

Most likely there isn't Mesh behind that texture. I know that an example would be the Devilicious Costume in which when applying a nude mod for the other races works, but the high elves has a big hole. The issue is you can't modify Mesh as I previously stated, You can't edit those files for some reason.