SyntaxTerror's Imports (1 Viewer)

diablo-intercept

Potential Patron
Re: SyntaxTerror's Imports (Added Ikazuchi, Naka & Maya from Kantai Collection)

Excellent. Great to see more Kantai, though my favorite boat waifus Atago and Bismarck still haven't been repped yet

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator

cavalier-renegade said:
Excellent. Great to see more Kantai, though my favorite boat waifus Atago and Bismarck still haven't been repped yet
I will not do Atago and Bismarck because they have long hair and I don't like how PNG long hair move (or rather don't move). If you want them, make a request, preferably for dynamic SWF hair mods.

Hank East

Content Creator

Hey Syntax I've a quick question, where did you get the background used on that Kagura (Gintama) preview shot? I searched your BG thread but I couldn't find it there.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator

TheCrimsonFuckr said:
Hey Syntax I've a quick question, where did you get the background used on that Kagura (Gintama) preview shot? I searched your BG thread but I couldn't find it there.
I cannot remember where I found it, so I uploaded it for you (click on the image to download it):

diablo-intercept

Potential Patron

Did that in September, still nothing. What's your take on Musashi, Yamato's sister?

stuntcock

Content Creator

cavalier-renegade said:
Did that in September, still nothing. What's your take on Musashi, Yamato's sister?
I saw that one; your reference images weren't usable. SyntaxTerror posted some better ones but major aspects of the character design were inconsistent among the images (presumably because they're fanart -- different styles and artistic license).

Musashi's hair has some interesting features, but again I'm finding a lot of inconsistency in presentation. Sometimes there are twintails (varying in length from "shoulder" to "buttocks"); sometimes the whole thing is cropped short. There are usually two upwards tufts of hair created by the headband (radar tower?), but sometimes these tufts get stylized into animal ears. The fringe is usually disheveled; the entire head sometimes shares this quality (bedhead?) but in other images it is sleek (as if the hair has been neatly gathered under the headband). The colour is usually platinum blonde, but I've also seen peach, pink, and saturated yellow.

The biggest problem is that Kantai character designs aren't intended to be viewed from the side. Many of the interesting visual details (such as the gold braid and badge on Musashi's collar) would be hidden in the profile view, and so artists rarely draw the characters in such poses.

If you want this to happen then you need to post a Request which includes a good profile shot. Yes, I just admitted that finding one will be difficult -- that's your problem :) If the image shows the short-hair version of this character then SyntaxTerror might be willing to create a PNG; if it's the long-twintail version then I might be willing to create a dynamic SWF.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator

cavalier-renegade said:
I will not do Musashi because she has long hair ingame (the strands actually). For other characters, I could do an hair mod based on the reference shot, but for KanColle, I try to stick to the character from the cards. Concerning Kantai Collection, I am planning to do only the kanmutsu listed in the first post.

latest

Here are the best reference shots I found on Gelbooru.com (click to enlarge):

494f06967c759fefe93a2d32a75c0a96.png
b647996d925f8461aa065a5133c7f516.jpg
a59f15814134ca4e66389556607df2a8.png

Also, for the moment I don't have much time to make more hair mods...

stuntcock said:
There are usually two upwards tufts of hair created by the headband (radar tower?)
I belive that the headband represents the two Type 22 surface radars that equiped the ship in 1943 (even if ingame they equip only the Kai version).

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Re: SyntaxTerror's Imports (Added Rachel from A Model Life)

I'm coming back on SDTmods. ::)
In the last months I had some (or many) things to do, so I didn't had much time to make new hair mods. As I forget a little the way to use Inkscape, I did a simple mod requested by Mikainox.

Added Rachel from A Model Life, made on Mikainox's request.

9b2b73394263257.jpg
9b0b52394263242.jpg

(mod & custom data in the first post)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I found the hair mod of Mouar Pharaoh from Mobile Suit Gundam that was unfinished in my files, so I spent some time on it and it is done now:
e481cf489752066.jpg

(mod & custom data in the first post)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Added Higashikata Tomoko from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, made on Hank East's request.
04bed7490565503.jpg

(hair mod and custom data in the first post)

I also updated Ayase Fuuka from Yotsuba&!
6d276e490584693.jpg

Graphics have been improved a little and now the earings do not collide anymore with hair.

I finished a former work lying around in my folders, Hana from Wolf Children:
7da4be346339710.jpg

(hair mod and custom data in the first post)

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hey syntax are you still doing requests? I got a few I'd like done.
Hello Vancexentan. It depends of what you want and of the references you have (please read the Spoiler: Requests in the first post). I've got things to do for the moment, but I may have some time in the future.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I finally finished updating my import thread to take advantage of the new Resource Manager system (may The Invisible Pink Unicorn bless regexes and copy/paste!).
From now on, the dowloads and custom datas will be hosted there, and I'll put links to the Resource Manager entries directly under the examples images, so you lazy bastards won't have to bother searching in the first post and worst of all: READING! (that's so 20th century...).
:tongue:
Thus, here are the first hair mods with direct links to the Resource Manager:
Kurahashi Riko, Mizushima Sayori and Tanahashi Suzune from Love Lab, made on NoctSoul's request:

Kurahashi Riko

Riko's hair mod and custom data

Riko's hair mod and custom data: Ponytail, Bunches, Bunches (balls)

Riko's hair mod and custom data: Bunches (hearts), Bunches (knots), Bunches (strawberries)

Mizushima Sayori

Sayori's hair mod and custom data: Hair only, Glasses

Tanahashi Suzune

Suzune's hair mod and custom data: Hair only, Glasses
These backgrounds are available in my background thread, in the spoiler Classroom in the Building section.

Last edited:

Vancexentan

Potential Patron
Hello Vancexentan. It depends of what you want and of the references you have (please read the Spoiler: Requests in the first post). I've got things to do for the moment, but I may have some time in the future.
Just a couple games and anime girls nothing out of the ordinary all of them short haired. If you prefer I can wait till your less busy to get the references and what have you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.