.swf Loading Problem (1 Viewer)

LoboLascivo

Potential Patron
Hello, I was wondering if you can help me. My problem is that I can't load multiple .swf using the loader.

For example, I have this in Mods.txt (Mods.txt is placed in Mods/Char/):

Code:
strapped_heels.swf

The mod loads fine. But if instead I have this:

Code:
strapped_heels.swf
black_skirt.swf

It doesn't loads neither of them.

Am I doing something wrong? I can only load one mod at time. By the way, I'm using Ubuntu 12.10, but I have the last Flash Player version, and I also tried using the Flash Projector.

ModGuy

Content Creator
LoboLascivo said:
Hello, I was wondering if you can help me. My problem is that I can't load multiple .swf using the loader.

For example, I have this in Mods.txt (Mods.txt is placed in Mods/Char/):

Code:
strapped_heels.swf

The mod loads fine. But if instead I have this:

Code:
strapped_heels.swf
black_skirt.swf

It doesn't loads neither of them.

Am I doing something wrong? I can only load one mod at time. By the way, I'm using Ubuntu 12.10, but I have the last Flash Player version, and I also tried using the Flash Projector.

That should be correct.
Given that you're using Ubuntu and I've only every developed this for Windows that may be an issue... maybe.
Not sure how I'd go about testing but if someone else could confirm that loading anomalies exist that would help.
Until then, perhaps scour the net to check if similar issues exist when Flash loads local files from within Linux and Windows.
If you find an article that deals with such a problem, send it my way.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
use the terminal command unix2dos on your Mods.txt file.

it changes line feeds to carriage-return line feeds

assuming most people making stuff are on windows, hopefully you will only have to do this when you decide to edit the txt files yourself.
i would consider finding an editor that gave you the option to save the 'dos' format if you are going to edit a lot of these xD

ModGuy

Content Creator
sby said:
use the terminal command unix2dos on your Mods.txt file.

it changes line feeds to carriage-return line feeds

assuming most people making stuff are on windows, hopefully you will only have to do this when you decide to edit the txt files yourself.
i would consider finding an editor that gave you the option to save the 'dos' format if you are going to edit a lot of these xD

Line feeds are the problem?
Well that's unusual, guess it's time to change up the parsing algo.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
yeah, i specifically had to add in the carriage-returns to animtools position saving for them to work xD

LoboLascivo

Potential Patron
I thought it could have been the text editor. I have wine (windows programs emulator) and edited the files with notepad from windows.
I'll try that program you mentioned, and I will try my files on windows.
I'll post results.
Thanks for the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.