Swf files not saving with loader (1 Viewer)

inglorious89

Potential Patron
So recently I switched over from the non-loader SDT to the loader version, and while mostly everything has worked I've just ran into one weird issue. Whenever I try to save a character with swf files (usually clothes) saved to the character, the files don't save and any additions that would've come from those files disappear. Also, any custom backgrounds that I might have loaded also disappear for some reason (custom hair files, however, always remain).

The only odd thing that I'm seeing is that, when I try to save a character, no swf files are listed in the box above the "default folder" box, whereas the characters I've already created that have swf files loading properly list the file name in that box.

The non-loader SDT can load swf files just fine, so the files aren't corrupted at least.

I have animtools and moreclothing set to load automatically, so could those interfere somehow?

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
one of the downfalls of the loader is that is doesn't support character code swf file loading, instead it has character folders.

moreclothing can be used as a way to go around this by adding the clothes to moreclothing; and then moreclothing can save charcode that will enable its mods according to the charcode.

instead of reloading mods when you swap characters, moreclothing loads them all and then toggles their visibility.

inglorious89

Potential Patron
one of the downfalls of the loader is that is doesn't support character code swf file loading, instead it has character folders.

moreclothing can be used as a way to go around this by adding the clothes to moreclothing; and then moreclothing can save charcode that will enable its mods according to the charcode.

instead of reloading mods when you swap characters, moreclothing loads them all and then toggles their visibility.
Interesting. Is there anyway I can use clothing SWF files without having to add them with moreclothing? I will if I have to, but it's more just that I'm lazy and rather not go through the hassle.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Interesting. Is there anyway I can use clothing SWF files without having to add them with moreclothing? I will if I have to, but it's more just that I'm lazy and rather not go through the hassle.
if you want to use the charcode saving system, i think moreclothing is the only way to go. however as i mentioned, you can put the mods together to create a loader character folder, which will make a similar character button thing in the menu. it is just the matter of dumping them into a folder, making the mods.txt file to specify them (or use the common filenames), and then updating the characterfolders.txt with the new character folder (there is a jar file in the loader to update it for you).

loader doc has more info about character folders, or can check my sig for helpful things

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.