Street Fighter x Tekken - Xiaoyu gets stepped on by Juri (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter blitzrunner
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Ever since they said the seven magical words "The gem system cannot be turned off", it just totally and completely killed this game for me. No interest at all. Which is really too bad, because it looks (or looked) so awesome. But man, knowing I HAVE to play with those stupid Gems... Capcom is incredibly adept at taking something awesome and fucking it up.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
JURI! Finally! Well I knew she is was in it already from a previous trailer but its still nice to see her in the game! Just need Honda to make a return and then I'm sorted for this game in the ryona sense ;)

That aside, I know what you speak of Raden, initially I was the same over the Gem system. You can choose not to equip them so I hope player match rooms will have a ban on gems, but generally I don't think they are completley awful as a friend of mine (he's a games tester and managed to play it quite a bit) said they didn't effect gameplay much at all. My main beef is not having all of the gems available in a ca$hcom attempt to make more money buying extra gems, that really ticks me off if there are super gems people can buy to basically make easy work of you, nothing worse then a pay to win system. I will get this game, but I will literally never play it to a competative level... I'll just get it to mess around and have fun mostly with friends.

With a PC version, I hope I can make some new vids too later down the line. Hopefully we'll see some awesome skin mods again!

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
You can choose not to, but I bet the computer has no such compunctions about it. If I do get it it will be a a present or something, where I don't actually have to spend my own money or credit for it.

B

blitzrunner

Honestly, I'm not that interested in the game either... mostly because I wasn't a big fan of the latest incarnation of Street Fighter (characters seem to FLOAT in the air too long when they jump, the movement just didn't seem right to me.). If the movement had been more similar to the MvC style games, I mighta got behind it, but the SFII-series, including the alphas, were the last ones I was a fan of the street fighters. I figure I'll give this one a shot, simply because I enjoy cross overs, my lil Chinese girl is in it... but the gameplay doesn't seem like my style of playing.... we'll see, I've been wrong. The Gem system does seem a lil buggersome, I don't know why they have an option to REMOVE it from gameplay on certain modes, as that it should be as simple as ADDING/REMOVING a handicap from a player (lower or increase the number of gems in play)... but I have to agree with theDude255. From what I've heard, the gems are only marginally noticable in terms of damage and gameplay.

I AM however enjoying the all the cinimatic trailers though, as that I enjoy them greatly. If the gameplay graphics on par of the cinimatics (which might never ever happen), then it would rock!... Tekken X Street Fighter, now I'm looking forward to that one!

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I dunno, they're "considering" super meters for the Street Fighter characters... yes. Super moves in a Tekken game. If that can't be turned off, that will totally fuck up that game too, and two games that could have absolutely ruled would basically be destroyed.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I was sort of expecting more, we didn't really see her take a thrashing like I kind of expected... I can always fire up Tekken 6 and remedy that though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.