State of Decay (1 Viewer)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
State of Decay is an open world survival zombie game. It's currently available for the Xbox 360 as an XBLA game but it will be available at a later date on the PC. You control a group of survivors in a zombie infested valley town. You can take control of the individual survivors assuming you have completed certain prerequisites first. During the game you will often encounter female survivors that you can switch to.

As for ryona there's the usual zombie grab and bite as well as some rather gory death animations. I don't know how many people here are into gore but if you are this game might interest you. These are the two death animations I've seen so far.

- A group of zombies knocked my character over and started mauling her. Eventually one at her head grabbed her arms while another grabbed her legs. They both pulled in opposite directions, tearing her in half.
- A special zombie type called a Feral (tall, fast moving zombie that leaps) grabbed a survivor and lifted her up to its mouth, biting into her side viciously and then tearing her in half.

There are other special zombies in the game and the regular zombies might have other death animations as well. Since character death is permanent I actually try to not get killed, the two above are what I just ran into due to my own negligence. Anyways thought I'd point it out for those interested.

Edit: Here's a video of the death animation for regular zombies. Excuse the usual inlays and crazy crap that's typical of the average youtube video.
Skip to 0:30

Last edited by a moderator:

archangel

Ryonani Teamster
finding female survivors to play as for ryona purposes can be kinda random, if you lose all your playable characters the game will generate you a new one.

every death animation seems to end with getting torn in half

it is a fun game though, like a singleplayer dayz.

???

Potential Patron
If you happen to like any female survivor you find, and want to roll back a save when they get massacred you can, for those of you who don't know.

Simply find your profile folder in hdd under hdd1/content (usually starts with an E and a bunch of numbers). Find the folder with the gameID 584111E8, and back that up. Whenever you wish to roll back, just replace that folder with the older one. This is easier said than done if you don't have FSD however XP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.