Starting hand positions for INIT code (1 Viewer)

SAFILE

Potential Patron
Hey, was wondering why the INIT code doesn't want to set the arm positions I have in my code. It always seems to start with both hands behind back, regardless of what it says in my code.txt which I have in the INIT folder. I mean everything else such as hair, eyes etc loads properly from that same .txt file. Why not hands? Any advice/tips/answers?

Also, just another 'quick fire' question. Is there a way to not see SDChan every time I scroll through my set up folders?
Thanks. :)

stuntcock

Content Creator
It always seems to start with both hands behind back, regardless of what it says in my code.txt which I have in the INIT folder. I mean everything else such as hair, eyes etc loads properly from that same .txt file. Why not hands?
The game probably IS loading your preferred arm positions. But then it does something else which overwrites the arm positions while leaving the other attributes unchanged. Animtools positions will often specify arm positions (and can also limit penis sizes) but won't adjust hairstyles or eye color, so that's a place to begin looking.

However, any random SWF file (such as hairstyles and costumes) can also apply a charcode via the embedded charData parameter. If you're applying a standard costume during $INIT$ then that's a possibility. You can block charData via Settings if you suspect that this is happening.

Also, just another 'quick fire' question. Is there a way to not see SDChan every time I scroll through my set up folders?
If you're talking about the character roster then you can edit your global Settings.txt file:

Code:
removeDefaultChars=1

SAFILE

Potential Patron
The game probably IS loading your preferred arm positions. But then it does something else which overwrites the arm positions while leaving the other attributes unchanged. Animtools positions will often specify arm positions (and can also limit penis sizes) but won't adjust hairstyles or eye color, so that's a place to begin looking.

Turns out it was Animtools. (After having just recently included it...) So that solves that. :) Thank you.

If you're talking about the character roster then you can edit your global Settings.txt file:

Ummm, not quite. Ill explain a lil more into detail. With the 'Keys.swf', (which allows you to set up shortcuts/hotkeys to the loader) whilst using it, it will ask for 'Cycle Custom -' and 'Cycle Custom +', which I have set up. When using this feature in the loader it works fine - though as it cycles between my custom characters it quickly shows SD Chan with her classic Background for about half a second before loading my next custom character. This is what I initially meant, sorry for the lack of detail. :s ...is there anyway for SD Chan to not appear between each load? It would just make the loader that much more smoother as a whole. :) Thanks so much for all your help!

stuntcock

Content Creator
When using this feature in the loader it works fine - though as it cycles between my custom characters it quickly shows SD Chan with her classic Background for about half a second before loading my next custom character.
The game is fully resetting its state before loading the next character. This ensures that the incoming girl enjoys a completely fresh state; she won't accidentally inherit the freckles or shoes or tanlines from the previous girl. But it causes a minor delay, as you've observed.

If you're willing to accept the risk of inheritance the you can disable the automatic resets. Settings.txt:
Code:
resetCharOnChange=0

Otherwise ... I don't know. Talk to @ModGuy and ask him to perform an optimization pass on the Loader code? I don't see any obvious errors, so he'd might just conceal the loading behind a fade-to-black transition. Or he might just ignore it because it's a very minor issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.