SSB4 - Super Swag Sisters! (Lotsa pics!) (9 Viewers)

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
OK! So if you're lookin' at this here thread you're prolly all like WTF? Right?
Well, Super Smash Bros. has been around since like 98 and it didn't really get all that much ryona goin' on for a while.
Course not, it's Nintendo, you say. They don't do that sorta stuff, what's wrong with you?

Well, 'cept they do that sorta stuff in SSB, specifically in this new one, which has a buncha cuties that aren't all that popular in the gaming world. But they're about to be, 'cuz that's what happens when you make it in Smash. And why are a buncha not so popular ladies in the new Smash? I think it's 'cuz the director sspecifically wanted to add more chickies in his game.
And guess what? Super Smash Brothers 4 has more ryona than you prolly think!
So I was inspired by neosushi's post on Final Fight 2 and wanted to do somethin' sorta like that but with the new SSB, so I took some snaps to prove my points! And I took like over 100 snaps yesterday but this stuff's new to me so I dunno what to do with 'em as far as sharin'. O_o; I'm prolly gonna just stick a bunch on here and try to keep it fairly balanced between the ladies. This thread will have lotsa images. If that's bad 'n I do somethin' dumb or wrong, please lemme know so I can fix it!
:relief:

But Smash Bros isn't just my favorite fighting game series, Melee helped wake up this fetish in my Nintendo lovin' self and this series gets ignored in a ryona land full of RRXX and DOA even though it's got lots of stuff goin' for it. Now I sat by and didn't say nothing but THEN...then SSB4 came out? And oh, man.

Super Swag Sisters.jpg
(aside from the shades, this was an official pic posted on the Director's Room Miiverse.)

'Course, it's also just a really kick-ass game full of so much attention to detail. And guess what? Some o that detail even spills onto ryona stuff. But really, ryona isn't end all be all for me, I really really recommend you check this game out 'cuz even if you're not a big Nintendo fan it's still a unique and slick fighter that looks great, sounds great, has SO MUCH to do, so many characters and stages, and is a fighting game style that is still unique. Even when Sony tried to copy it and kinda didn't do the best jb (sorry PSAS, I love you, too, Sony, poor baby~)

Now, onto the main topic.
I think the director of Smash Bros has a thing for ryona. If he doesn't, he still appeals to it!

Join me on the hype train~~

SSB4 looks good, and has detailed sound!

So much detail! Even in a lotta the backgrounds. This is a fuggin' POKEMON STAGE for cripes sake, but it feels like this epic cathedral!

The game also has a sound test where you can listen to all of the character's voice effects by themselves, which includes all of their pained sounds, KO screams (some 'o those are a little weirdly intense!), dizzy moans, sleeping sounds, and other stuff, too (like grunting when pickin' up heavy boxes or almost falling off the ledge or grabbing onto the ledge, there's a lot of little details). My only realistic gripe is that some of the new characters (mostly ladies) have Japanese voice acting...but you can't hear it in the English version! :( I wish there was a way to switch them back and forth like many other games have. Ah, well.

SO MUCH VARIETY in characters!
Since Smash Bros has such a different fighting system than most games, it means that 49 fighters has a lot of different fight styles and character designs to pick from. You are GONNA find at least one or two you like, but my problem with this new version? After all the balances since Brawl and newcomers added in...I have difficulty picking even my top 5 favs!

PS: MewTwo will be fighter #50, he's comin' as DLC in the spring FUCK YEA~ And a handful of fighters are clones like Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit (think like the difference between Ryu and Ken) but STILL that's a lotta characters.

And a lot of them are fantastic ladies! You've got old Nintendo classics like Peach, Zelda, and Samus. Then you've got more obscure but also awesome chickies like Rosalina (my <3), Wii Fit Trainer (muy bonita), Fem!Robin (TIP THE SCALES!), Lucina (the actual girl Marth I always wanted!) and Lady Palutena, the Goddess of Light!
DAMN, you can even play as a girl Animal Crossing Villager if ya fancy!

Side note: Palutena was originally created in the 80's. She was in Kid Icarus, but her flowing green mane was forgotten by gaming until Lord Sakurai was hired to make a brand new Kid Icarus game -- he redesigned Pit for Brawl, so he had ideas goin' down for Kid Icarus: Uprising, which was a friggin' SWEET game...but the controls sucked. >_>; But it meant we got a rebirth of Lady Palutena, who's voiced wonderfully in English and Japanese alike. And since she was the leading lady in a game Sakurai directed, just like the Kirby characters he created, she got the priviledge of a spot in the roster of Smash.

But IMO it's so amazing that a fighting game like this not only has a decent amount of ladies representin', BUT they aren't all...well, like Samus. :brigade.baka-wolf.c There's variety, yo! A lot of the chickies are PROUD to be feminine, and they're strong because of their feminity. It's not some crutch that holds them back here like it does in many other games. And dang, there's a bunch of characters who even have alt costumes that let you play as male AND female varients! How many fighting games have that?

It's good for ryona?
Sure! Characters are gettin' blasted around! Smacked into walls, smashed into the ground, frozen, burned, grabbed, pummelled, sent flying,

I'm personally more into status effects than actual beating, so this post will mostly focus on that. :)

Status effects?!
OK, OK, let's actually get to some evidence.
SSB has all kindsa status effects, and a couple of them even have special animations with some variation on different characters, complete with little moans! These two statuses are dizzy and sleep.

There's also a sort of 'paralysis' stun animation, I think it's the same for everyone and I forgot to capture it for this post. But dizzy and sleep are still pretty detailed.

How do characters get dizzy?
So a cool thing about this game's balance is blocking. Characters have a shield they can pull up, which shrinks in size when it's used, and shrinks quicker when hit. Also, you can be grabbed out of a block. So basically, no-turtling-for-you!

But for ryona, it's cool, too. If the shield gets too small then you're open to attack. And if it shrinks all the wayyy...

What's especially funny is that these prolly coulda used just a static animation, n' the game moves fast so they don't last long -- but when you run the game on half speed (which ya can, in training mode or even by setting the battle settings to 'slow') the sleep n' stun animations run realistically. It's pretty cute IMO. -^^- Not to mention that there's a lot of specific facial expressions for the status effects, which is a crazy detail 'cuz you'll never really notice it during actual game play!

BTW apparently Rosalina's underwear is just a fuggin' galaxy or something, PFF! (gotta keep that E rating tho, huh?)

Cuties sleeping!
Note: SSB Sheik is confirmed to be a lady. They said so in her trophies, but also, her Brawl model even had a bit of cameltoe goin' on. :slow:
I was floored when I found out. She also has binding wraps on and in general just has a pretty feminine figure, but with muscles. (aw yis)

Dazed n' confused!

Knocked prone!

Misc. Distress?

I forgot to capture 'em but there's some other interesting poses, too. They're prolly about the same for each character, though, but here's what they are:

- Paralysis (caused by certain electric stuff or Samus' ZAPPY GUN)
- Splatting against the screen (characters can get KO'd right up close against the screen trololol)
- Drowning (some of the stages have parts with water, 'n you can totally drown O_o)

Why are there so many specific poses like this?

Well, bein' the hardcore fangirl I am, I was lookin' up stuff about the development of this game and following Lord Sakurai's blog-like photo posts as he was makin' the game. It turns out, the animations in SSB are SUPER detailed and specific. Many of them are direct references to specific game animations from the character's history. But the humanoid characters' animations were made by the director taking detailed, poseable wooden dolls and basically storyboarding their animations with them. So the fact that there's SUPER specific poses like this...
...means it wasn't a mistake or laziness -- Sakurai or someone on the team specifically created that pose with a doll.
Which is...kinda weird when I think about it, but helps prove my lil' point that I think its supposed to have a bit o sexual detail to it. ;P 'Course, with Zero Suit Samus, she's...a little...OK, VERY objectified, I admit, but goddammit it works for me and I feel wrong but it does.
:jk:
Also? Namco helped make this game! So yea, that means Pac-Man's in it, buuuut we all know Namco likes them some ryona, huh? So I bet they had some influence on that, too.
:pacman:

ALSO also? On his Miiverse blog posts, Sakurai occasionally posted pics of characters lying prone...the sly dog.
Like this one!
Wii Fit.jpg
He actually posted this! On the official Miiverse Director's thread! Come on...He obviously knows what's up, huh? ;D
Aaaaand once this was posted I knew somethin' was up, and I understood exactly why the Wii Fit Trainer was in. :D

Pause at any time! Take snapshots to your SD card!
All of the snapshots in this post, 'cept for that cute little airplane one just now, were ones I took! Directly through the game's own snapshot system. You can push pause at any time and freeze the action, and in most modes, you can freely rotate the camera, zoom in our out, whatever! It's SUPER convenient, too, 'cuz you can just save 'em to an SD card and them BAM! Easy photos to copy to your compy and share! The game has a TON of funny or epic screenshots the dev team did that you find as you do challenges or complete modes. It's fugging adorable, AND for ryona, it makes takin' pics prrrrretty simple. Only drawback is that the angles can be a lil' teensy bit limited, since Smash is a 2D game. So they prolly cut some corners on the edges of levels where you're not supposed to look, so the camera has its limits. But it's totally more than enough. I've already posted a lot of screens in here (I hope that's OK!) but I have more and will probably be capturing more soon enough now that I'm...actually feeling comfortable doing it. ^^; If there's a preferred way to, like...set up a gallery or somethin'...? I can look into that, I just don't know what to do or where to go for that, or where to put it.

To illustrate some of what you can do with the in-game camera, I'm gonna share some poses I found certain angles from. And yea, yea...At last, some Samus. In one of her two fanservicey swimsuits, of course. C'mon, I had to save the focus on her for last, right? She's the predictable one. And, well...~grumbling~ Yea, it's for good reason. ->_<-

As you can see, you can get pretty close, and see a lot of nifty detail you will never notice in actual gameplay. Does...does Samus have an actual SKIN texture? :O And she actually looks like she has muscles?! <3

Aaaaaand that wraps up my presentation~
I hope I've helped convince you that the Super Smash Sisters are pretty damm cute in their own right, WHILE also being in a game that's just totally packed with detail, and definitely had just a bit of perversion goin' on behind those curtains. ;)

Rated E for Everyone. :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Somepersoncorn

Potential Patron
Damn, I loved seeing Zero Suit Samus lying on the ground in Brawl. But now in glorious HD AND those alternate outfits? GODDAMN. I vote for more pictures of ZSS in her alternate outfits :D.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Ahaha! I haven't even looked into the trophy posing yet. Sakurai was posting a lot bizarre stuff with that in the couple months 'fore it launched.

Samus is, well...obvious. She's a total fanservice character.
~grumbles~ I mean, it WORKS, I won't lie...
X3
But a big point of my post is to say that with this new version, in HD n' such, there's a lot more to love than just the obvious Samus.

I will prolly do more with her other two outfits some other time, but if I'm going to take a request, I'd rather it be, well, not something so obvious. As in, uhm...anyone EXCEPT Sammy. ^^; For now.

I would love some feedback on the actual post! Sammy's hella cute n' stuff but I'm wonderin' what folks think of the analysis, and the other lovely ladies. If I could catch video and sound that might be more convincing, but, well...Workin' with what I got! If I wanted to create like a gallery that had all of the ladies in different ryona poses...is there a certain place I'd wanna make a thread for, or...? Would I just make like a master post here or what?

nine

Ryonani Teamster
It s a good thing that you can zoom that much. I have the 3DS version and you have to use maxi mushroom for having a decent shot. Can i request more picture of lady Palutena? :p

On a side note, i don t know if you find it but Ganondorf has a throatlift with his forward B which is good for ryona and make him different from captain falcon.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I'd like to request some of Rosalina and Lucina. Diddy kongs face attack, and some of the other grapples are good too. Gannon has a choke move even

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
@nine Yea, I sorta gave up on trying to focus on that in the 3DS version since I knew the Wii U one was coming out soon enough. Not really such a bad thing! I played the CRAP outta the 3DS one, 'n now I'm jumpin' in with an actual controller and I feel decent from the start! Also? Some of the pics of Sammy, if you pay attention, ya might notice she's bigger than normal! I took those first, and I was assuming that the Mushies were needed to get the better view -- turns out you can just focus the camera on the LEVEL and go wherever ya want! Maybe you can do the same on the 3DS one?
Sure, I can prolly do some more Lady Palutena. I can brag 'cuz I KNEW KNEW she was gonna be in, like, as soon as they announced that game. No way Lord Sakurai would let his rebooted Goddess not make it in. :3

@snowballs Eh, they're kinda cute! Samus' is a bit...janky...Like, bodies don't DO that when they hit a wall, ya know? :P But yea, I guess I should do those, too, huh?

@random Huh, I guess I could check that stuff out, yea.

Thanks for checkin' out my lil' thread, folks. :relief:

Oh, but...BTW, am I supposed to just keep uploading pics in the thread? That's OK?

nine

Ryonani Teamster
@nine Yea, I sorta gave up on trying to focus on that in the 3DS version since I knew the Wii U one was coming out soon enough. Not really such a bad thing! I played the CRAP outta the 3DS one, 'n now I'm jumpin' in with an actual controller and I feel decent from the start! Also? Some of the pics of Sammy, if you pay attention, ya might notice she's bigger than normal! I took those first, and I was assuming that the Mushies were needed to get the better view -- turns out you can just focus the camera on the LEVEL and go wherever ya want! Maybe you can do the same on the 3DS one?
Sure, I can prolly do some more Lady Palutena. I can brag 'cuz I KNEW KNEW she was gonna be in, like, as soon as they announced that game. No way Lord Sakurai would let his rebooted Goddess not make it in. :3

I ve checked this morning and no, you can't zoom that much even if the camera focus on the stage rather than on the characters. If you realy want a nice zoom, you have to use the classic mode and encounter a giant samus/zelda. . .

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Heheheh, aw, poor Riddles. :(
At least he's fightin' in an actual stage this time! I liked the boss fights in Brawl but you did 'em a few times in the story and then never had a reason to go back. Now we've got baddies n' stuff invading a buncha stages.
I'm a lil' sad from the level choice -- there's a lot of stages but like half or more of 'em are older ones, aren't they? My favorites stages are pretty much all the new ones, I kinda wish they'd just ported some o the 3DS ones...

Like why is Pac Man's level so BUTT FUGLY?? >:( The maze is just fine.
Anyway, I guess that's the only level I'm actually upset about. :P

BTW I tried to take pics of the screen KO's, when they splatted against the screen? You can't. =_= The camera doesn't zoom out. But there's a video online showing all of 'em.

Haven't gotten around to a new photoshoot but I figured I could post some o the ones I didn't share before.

Sammy was my first test subject. :3 So I was experimentin' with the different angles the most and have the most of her so far. I guess I gotta do more with the other ladies, but I know Sammy's the most popular, so there's some more of that for ya for now, since I'll prolly not be comin' back to her for a bit.

I'mma try to look into the requests people made.

Somepersoncorn

Potential Patron
Nice pics. (especially samus :P)
You plan on giving some love to Female Robin next? Also maybe the orange version of Samus' alt outfit?

I also noticed how much effort the devs puts into the facial animations, thanks Sakurai ^^

neosushi

Casual Client
I never really associated Smash with ryona. I only played original and Melee so I didn't have many great heroines to work with. The pacing of the game is super fast, I like my ryona to be slow paced. It's like BAM BAM You fell off the screen, Oh no, I died, OK Full health again. Really fast pacing instead of the usual long-grueling battles of beat-em-ups and fighting games.

But wow, those Samus shots are jaw dropping. I want to just toss her around with Donkey Kong, then spike the hell out of her bare stomach with Bowser's shell. There's plenty of great ryona elements (unconscious, dizzy, ledge hanging etc), but the gameplay just doesn't do it for me ryona-wise. (Gameplay in general is amazing, I just don't like it as ryona)

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Oh, no, I totally get what you mean. TBH I don't really get anything from it while playing.
Though I'd be lyin' if I said some of the voice effects didn't get distractin' now n' again. ;D

I usually go to training and turn the speed down to half, that ends up working much better for this sorta thing.
So it's kinda win-win, right? I don't get distracted while actually playing, but it's there to check out when I want.
Or take pictures of now, apparently. xD

I've got a batch comin' up later tonight. So far I did the request for Rosalina and Lucina, and also a bit for Fem!Robin (love her but hurrrmm she's a bit tricky 'cuz her outfit's soooo poofy) gonna do some more Palutena 'cuz someone requested that, too, n' prolly look into a couple extra poses for the ladies. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Heheh, I keep seein' guests checkin' out the thread.
Hi hi, lurkers! :3

@someperson
Yea, I think I mentioned it in my first post here, but I'm like TOTALLY surprised at the facial expressions! Some o them are like, super specific ('specially on Sammy, no surprise) and there's like NO WAY you'd really notice 'em in the actual game. I'm pretty sure it's cuz they designed the game to have pics taken up close, ya know? Works for me, 'cuz sometimes the right expression can really make or break a ryona pic for me. :P

Soo I got a bunch more stuff. Prolly most everything worth gettin' by now in just pics. I like a lot of the voices and animations, but I can only do so much with pics. A buncha stuff to sort n' I don't wanna stick it all up at once. I think I'm still missing a few certain poses for some characters, so I might catch those and edit those in later. Also, a few poses might not QUITE be ryona but they're like, in distress? N' I thought some of that stuff was kinda cute. But anyway, hopefully enough will be in these that folks like.

Talking again 'bout that point of how fast the game is...I think that's parta why I like the ryona in Smash. Not just 'cuz it don't distract me when I'm actually playin', but also 'cuz it's like a fun thing to seek it out. To find it when running the game in slo mo. I dunno, especially with a lotta Sammy's poses and some o' Palutena's, it feels like Sakurai or somebody sorta, like, snuck it in there for someone like me to find.
:meaw:

So first, here's some more Rosalina & Lucina, with those coupla grapples in there, too, as requested.

HNI_0096.JPG

HNI_0013.JPG

Next time (prolly tomorrow): buncha Palutena, some Fem!Robin, a little other stuff...

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Thank you! Yeah there are more good grapples like donkey chrizard and such so it was nice to see these. And Rosalina and Luci are my favorites(Sammy is also real nice :P) Thank you so much

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Got busy with unexpected compny n' I'm sleeeeepy so more in the mornin' prolly, but some Fem!Robin.
She's a li' bit hard 'cuz her outfit, but I tried some stuff. I love playing as her (and him!) and her voice is really cute. :3
(RGHHHH somehow all of my uploads got screwed up, gotta do it again. =_=; This happened yesterday, too. I dunno wassup.)
Anybody know howta upload more than one piccy at a time? 'Cuz this would be a LOT easier for me if I didn't have to do it one by one...but I can't figure it out. =_='

Kay-kay, more tomorruh. Sleepin' times now.]

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
I like all Robin's colors a lot. Also love the white mage colors, tho wish that'd been Fem!Robin instead, but it's still cool.
Come to think, they did a pretty good job with colors and even alt models in this one. More than most fighters do without chargin' ya a bunch o nickle dime DLC stuff.

Here's a lil' bit more stuffs, nothin' big n' fancy here, just some extras.

Those three got the same voices and same animations -- least fer ryona stuffs -- so I haven't been so eager to look into 'em, but they're still cute, too, 'specially Zelda, heehee. :3 They look good in HD and gots new facial expressions so that's pretty cool.

I gotta do another photo shoot soon, catch some stuff I missed. I wanted to get the screen splats and the drowning poses but those are hard. The camera don't seem to like 'em...
But yah, was gonna do more last night? N' then I was so busy actually PLAYING the game...;)
'Cuz its fuggin gooood. I'm even surprised, I actually like team fights now!? 'Cuz you can team up on the same system and play online versus another team? That is sooo cool, and we barely have lag, which I was way worried about after Brawl.

I guess Sakurai said today he might be finally finished with Smash Bros games, at least workin' on 'em himself. I don't blame the poor guy. They put so much into this one, with two versions?...If they ever make another one? People are gonna expect so much. It'll be ridiculous. O_O;

But I'm super duper happy with how this one came out. Only thing I wish was different was some o the levels in the Wii U version. I woulda picked a few different retro ones than what they got here, but still, all the brand new levels are great.

Anywayyyyys, more soon, prolly later today.

- - - Updated - - -

'Kay! I added a few more for Lucina. Think I might do that wiff these here...go back and add a few poses I miss the first time, y'know?

Anyways, here's more! :3 The first few o these aren't quite ryona but she's sooooo cute. Ya kinda will tell with her, Palutena, and Sammy? They're sorta my favs for ryona poses in this game, heheh...

Please-Understand.jpg

While I'm gettin' 'round to requests, this also takes a lotta time, 'specially since for some reason I have to upload 'em one at a time...N' of course I wanna focus the most on the ladies whose poses do the most fer me, soooo I know that means it'll be unbalanced, at least for a while. I wanted to save the next three for last, since with ryona in SSB they are my favs so I kinda did a lot with 'em.

Time to SALUTE THE SUN~

HNI_0038.JPG
HNI_0087.JPG HNI_0074.JPG HNI_0088.JPG

Palutena next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.