Video Games Sonya VS Kano (alternate endings) (1 Viewer)

BW30

Club Regular
I always loved the fight between Sonya and Kano in the original Mortal Kombat movie. However, since Mortal Kombat is supposed to be a game, and in games you can lose, then I thought I'd explore the different outcomes if Sonya didn't actually win the fight.

When you see this symbol and a number: *1, scroll down to see an outcome that didn't happen in the film!

(watch the original fight here, if you'd like)

----------

Sonya Blade practiced some of her moves in the ring. She wore the only other outfit she had available to her on this island, a simple black tank top, black denim shorts, and black boots. It was her turn to fight in the Mortal Kombat tournament, and she would NOT lose. Nothing would get in the way of her finding her partner's killer. After she finished her opponent, whomever that may be, then she would be back on the hunt. She felt like she was close. It was almost as if she could smell him.

And damn did he stink.

Shang Tsung rose from his chair and called out her name.

"Sonya Blade!"

Sonya turned around to look at this mysterious man. He was supposed to be some ancient sorcerer guy. Whatever. She would beat her opponent. She would find and kill Kano. After all of that, she would beat this Shang Tsung guy. As she looked into his eyes, he smirked.

"I have something for you, my dear."

Right. As if he could have anything she could possibly want. "I don't want anything from you," she sneered.

"On the contrary, I have something you want very much. You can thank me later."

Shang Tsung raised his hand, then pointed with two fingers towards an archway outside the ring. A man walked out of the shadows. Shirtless, slimy, and sweaty, with a metal covering over his right eye. It was Kano. It was her partner's killer.

So apparently Shang Tsung DID have something she wanted. Well, this made her mission much easier. Still, she'll beat Shang Tsung to a pulp and win this tournament regardless of this "gift" of his. For now, she had to focus. Kano was a very dangerous murderer, and she owed it to her partner to put this man down. She absolutely could not fail.

Kano blew her a kiss, and she wanted to tear his face right off.

Her partner's killer started to laugh as he walked up towards the ring. "Hello baby, did you miss me?"

Sonya wasn't going to dignify that with a response.

Kano hopped up into the ring. He had a very loose and carefree attitude, but she knew this man was trying to get into her head. She couldn't let that happen. She kept her eyes on him. He drew a knife. "Ooh," he started, "Now look at this. This little baby brings back memories now, doesn't it?"

"What, did you use it to knife your mother in the back?"

"Naw, it put a big smile on your partner though." Kano brought the knife up to his face as he taunted her. "Ear, slllllltht, to ear." He chuckled to himself. *1

In an instant, Kano went from calmly laughing to himself to swinging a knife directly at her throat. *2

Sonya had remained focused on her opponent, and was able to dodge at the last second. She grabbed his knife hand and attacked with her other arm, which Kano blocked.

"Give it up, baby, I've studied all your moves."

"Yeah? Study this!"

Sonya kicked Kano in the gut hard, then uppercutted him in the chin. He fell to the floor but caught himself at the last possible moment, though he dropped his knife. He scrambled back towards Sonya. He was no longer smiling. Kano came at Sonya with a right hook, which was blocked, and she hit him a few more times. Kano fell away and was getting a bit frustrated.

Kano balled his hand into a fist and backhanded Sonya right in her face. *3 She yelped in pain but regained her composure. She came back with several roundhouse kicks, and everyone of them connected. Kano fell to his knees. Perfect, this was right where she wanted him. She went to knee him in the face, but he caught her leg and pushed her to the ground. The moment she looked up, she saw a boot coming right for her head. *4

She rolled out of the way, but was still somewhat disoriented. She had gotten up on her hands and knees when Kano slammed his boot into her stomach, which left her with just enough breath to scream in pain.

"Does it hurt, baby?" Kano said, as he spit onto the ground. *5

As Kano charged at Sonya, he was caught off guard as she flipped herself over and grabbed onto his head with her legs. Her grip was VERY tight. *6

She brought him down to the dirt floor. They struggled for a moment, but Kano was going nowhere.

Sonya heard Shang Tsung call out to her. "Finish him!"

Kano started to beg for his life. "No Sonya don't!"

So he was using her name now? How sweet.

"Aw, gimme a break!"

"OK." Sonya squeezed and twisted her legs with all her might and broke Kano's neck. Finally, her mission was complete, and her parter was avenged. Kano lay motionless on the ground. This match was over.

End.

-----

Bad End *1: Sonya couldn't stand it anymore. She had to end this maniac now. She went in for the attack, but she was too angry, which made her careless. She tried to use her powerful legs to kick him right in his stupid ugly face, but he caught it and drove his knife right into her shin.

She fell to the floor screaming, as blood poured out of her leg.

"Is that it, baby? I thought you had more in you than that." Kano put his foot on Sonya's leg and pushed. Hard.

Sonya screamed again. "I'll... Kill.. YOU!"

"Don't think so, baby," Kano said as grabbed ahold of his knife sticking out of Sonya's leg. He tore it out, which caused Sonya to scream yet again. "Loud little bitch, aren't you? Even your partner didn't scream this much!" Kano climbed on top of Sonya, and held his knife up to her throat. Sonya held as still as she possibly could. She knew this man was going to kill her. She had failed in her mission, she had failed her partner, she had completely and totally failed at everything that mattered.

"Mr. Shang Tsung, sir," Kano said looking up at the sorcerer. "Can I please kill her? Just let me kill her, man! I deserve it!"

Shang Tsung seemed to ponder for a second, then he gave in. "Fine. Finish her!"

Kano smiled as he started sawing Sonya's throat. Her body shook violently, and her screams turned to gagging and gurgling. After about thirty seconds, Sonya's body had stopped moving completely. Kano threw his knife to the side and started twisting and pulling Sonya's head. After a few more seconds, Sonya's head was removed from her body. Kano stood up, and lifted Sonya's head by her ponytail to show everyone his trophy. Her eyes were looking in opposite directions, and blood poured out of her nose, mouth, and neck. "I'll be taking this with me, I think!"

"Kano wins. Fatality!"

-----

Bad Ending *2: Sonya wasn't quick enough, and the knife slashed her throat wide open. Blood sprayed out splashing Kano in the face. She went to grab at her throat, but all of her energy left her body as she fell to her knees. Her eyes rolled back and she fell forward, landing face-first into the dirt floor.

"Well I admit baby, I didn't think that would actually work!" Kano shrugged as he looked up to Shang Tsung. "So, uh, I win then?"

Shang Tsung looked annoyed. "It appears so. This was a major disappointment. It seems I overestimated her abilities."

"Or maybe I'm just that good?" Kano bragged as he tried to wipe blood off of his face.

"Hm. Kano wins. Flawless victory."

-----

Bad Ending *3: Sonya wasn't expecting that to hurt as much as it did. She tried to regain her composure, but the whole world was spinning. She managed to stand, but Kano's fist hit her in the head again. And again. And again.

Sonya was beaten and bludgeoned for several minutes before Shang Tsung put a stop to it. "Enough, Kano. You have proven your point. She was not the warrior I thought she was. Finish her!"

Kano grinned the biggest grin he ever had in his life. He grabbed Sonya's hair and pulled her up from the ground. He stood her up and she wobbled in place. Kano knew he had only one shot at this next move, or else it would look lame. He pulled back a fist, lined it up, and launched his hand directly into Sonya's chest. He dug past her ribcage and grabbed ahold of her still beating heart, and tore it out. Blood went spraying everywhere. Kano held up his trophy into the air as Sonya's body fell backwards and crashed spreadeagled onto the dirt floor.

"I'm gonna put this in a box and set it on my nightstand. A reminder of the girl whose heart I stole!"

Shang Tsung rose from his chair. "Kano wins, fatality!"

-----

Bad Ending *4: If only she had looked sooner. Kano's boot slammed down onto Sonya's head and crushed it. Blood, brains, and teeth went flying in all directions. Sonya's body twitched a few times, then lay still.

Kano wasn't done. He had been humiliated by this girl! How many good hits had she gotten in? He started kicking her body around the ring. He was normally quite a jovial fellow if you were on his good side, but his brutality knew no limits.

"Kano," Shang Tsung called out. Kano wasn't listening. "Kano!" still nothing. "KANO!" Shang Tsung shouted. His voice seemed to take on a supernatural sound. It's as if his voice entered directly into your brain. This stopped Kano dead in his tracks. He looked around and regained his composure.

"I uh, wanted to make sure she wasn't going to come back at me with another one of her roundhouse kicks!"

Shang Tsung sighed heavily. He would need to find himself some better allies in the future. Shouldn't be too hard once he ruled all the realms.

"Kano wins. Brutality."

-----

Bad Ending *5: She tried, she really did, but she could not regain her breath. The pain she was feeling was immense. A few ribs may have been broken. Kano came charging at her. She tried to move, but just couldn't do it. Kano struck Sonya in the face hard with his fist, and she crashed into the floor, unconscious.

She awoke on her knees with Kano's hands holding on to her head.

"What do you think, baby? Want to have a little bit of fun before it's all over?"

"Ugh," Sonya said in complete disgust. "Give me a break."

"Heh, OK."

Kano twisted Sonya's head hard to one side, snapping her neck. Her head flopped around as she fell to the floor.

"It's a shame, really. We could have had lots of fun!"

Shang Tsung rose from his chair and walked into the ring. He looked down, disappointed. "I thought she was stronger than this. Still, wouldn't want her soul to go to waste."

The sorcerer picked up Sonya Blade by her broken neck. Suddenly everything grew cold, and Sonya's skin turned pale. Kano was fascinated by Shang Tsung's ability to steal souls, and he was glad to be on his good side, for now.

"Your soul is mine!"

Sonya's skin took on an almost gray color. After several seconds, Shang Tsung merely dropped Sonya's body and walked back to his chair. "Kano wins. Fatality!"

-----

Bad Ending *6: Kano regained his composure quickly, and he came up with an idea. Hopefully this worked. While holding on to Sonya's thighs, Kano jumped up into the air. He was hoping his weight would bring her down. It worked better than he could have hoped for. Sonya didn't expect this, so she was unprepared as Kano's entire weight and her weight came down entirely on her head. Her neck was crushed under the weight and she fell limp to the ground. Kano still had Sonya's legs around his neck, though they were both on the ground now. He supposed he was in no hurry to leave this rather interesting position. "You put up a good fight, but no one is better than me!"

"Kano, I can't declare you the winner until you stand up."

Kano looked over at Shang Tsung who looked both annoyed and amused. Common expressions to see on the faces of those that Kano interacted with.

As Kano stood up, Shang Tsung declared him the winner. Earthrealm was surely doomed.

BW30

Club Regular
Very cool concept and great choice of scene to play around with :smile:

Would love to see more of this style of story!
Thanks! I plan on doing the other fights in the movie too, but with Sonya as the fighter.

This scene was one of the early ones where I realized I was seeing something my friends weren't. Used to rewind her getting kicked in the stomach over and over again on vhs.
I had the exact same experience.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Bad endings? I don't see any bad endings here. But God DAMN, the decapitation ending, ouch!

Wrecksler

Staff
Admin
Oh wow, that's great! Loved every bit of it :D You may try to use collapsible spoilerss instead of having to scroll the text, like this

Text

BW30

Club Regular
Oh wow, that's great! Loved every bit of it :D You may try to use collapsible spoilerss instead of having to scroll the text, like this

Text
Thanks! And good point on the collapsible spoilers. I don't post too much so I'm not familiar with all the technical stuff, but if I do another fight then I'll do it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.