SOLVED: Loader does not read CharacterFolders.txt out of box (1 Viewer)

drambuie

2D Artist
EDIT: Just realised the list does not appear in the Loader options but in the main Character selection thumbnail list - D'Oh. Can't find a delete button to roll back this post.

Just updated loader to 5.45d and I have an odd problem.

The game loads correctly, everything seems to work, the automatically loaded MODs from the $INIT$ folder are all loaded and working correctly, the Loader pane is visible in the Options.

But CharacterFolder.txt is not being loaded. The listbox in the Loader tab of the Options dialog is empty.

This is happening with an out of the box installation obtained by unzipping the ZIP downloaded from this forum with no modifications to settings or folder structures. I expect to see the default samples in the list.

I am using the Standalone Player Projector on Win 10 x64.

I tried upgrading the Projector from 29 to 30, but no go. I tried downgrading the Projector to v10.3 as recommended elsewhere on the forum, but no go. I also tried deleting the Macromedia caches in %AppData% to make sure there were no left over settings for working folders, etc.

An outdated version of Loader that came with the archive ZIP does not have this problem, but it can't run the most recent mods either.

Not sure what to try: have searched the forum for an answer for some time, but can't find one.

There are no error messages displayed in either the standard projector or the debug version.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.