1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SOLVED] Forum bug: problem with spoilers

Discussion in 'Guest Room' started by SyntaxTerror, Jul 10, 2016.

1. SyntaxTerror

SyntaxTerror Swell Supporter Content Creator

Hello

I have a bug with the spoilers of this forum for a few days now (but this doesn't happen every time): they do not open entirely and show only the first centimeters of their content.

For example, here is what I see in the thread Medli Hair Request [The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker], if I open the spoilers "Vector" and "Bad Reference":
    [​IMG]

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 and Comodo Dragon browser (Chomium).
    I didn't tested it with other browsers (anyway I only have Chrome and Chormium clones, IE is completly bugged on my PC...)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

I can't reproduce this on the latest version of Chrome. Are you still seeing the issue?

3. SyntaxTerror

I see it sometimes, but I wonder if my mouse isn't the cause of the problem:
    I have two cordless mouses, one I use on my desk and the other on my bed. The later sometimes works strange and clicks 2-3 times when I press the left button once, making unwanted things like closing 2-3 web browser tabs instead of one...
    Maybe two rapid clicks on the spoiler button makes what I see (and isn't really a problem in this case).
    I'll try to check if the bug occurs only with my second mouse.

Thank you for your answer anyway. In fact, this bug may be caused by my hardware.
    I've found these mouses in the streets of Geneva, where people use to throw away too many things. Sometimes there are some little problems but most of the time everything is fine (the mouse on my desk is a Logitech MX700 that works perfectly, it is quite old but was one of the top end mouses in 2002, costing around 80€).

4. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

Hmm, you're right. I can reproduce the issue by double clicking on the spoiler button quickly. It's most likely a conflict between the image lazy loader and the spoiler script. I'll see if I can patch it, but since this is a pretty mild issue if it turns out to be rather involved I may just leave it alone.

SyntaxTerror likes this.
  5. SyntaxTerror

Okay, thanks.

If the problem comes from my mouse, I'll throw it against the walls to teach it to behave better in the future... I'm sure it will solve the problem. :tongue: